Political Economy/Politics Entrants 2015 Watch

Jellyfish96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jamie S)
I was there!
Ah cool, I was sat quite near the front, what did you think of the talk?

Jamie S
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Jellyfish96)
Ah cool, I was sat quite near the front, what did you think of the talk?
Yeah it was quite good, I sat towards the back and I have an offer already The sample lecture was okay, but a bit too dumbed down for my liking...
Jellyfish96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, it was quite good, I sat towards the back and I have an offer already The sample lecture was okay, but a bit too dumbed down for my liking...
Same i already have an offer too, and I agree for anyone who knew anything about game theory it was very dumbed down. However, I though the fact they actually played a game was good!

Jamie S
Rep:
?
Same i already have an offer too, and I agree for anyone who knew anything about game theory it was very dumbed down. However, I though the fact they actually played a game was good!
Yeah, which course are you applying for? The only thing that worries me about the Political Economy course is the apparent lack of maths!
Jellyfish96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, which course are you applying for? The only thing that worries me about the Political Economy course is the apparent lack of maths!
I am applying for political Economy too and yea i agree the onlyy thing that potentially puts me off KCL is the lack of maths in the course :/0
Jamie S
Rep:
?
I am applying for political Economy too and yea i agree the onlyy thing that potentially puts me off KCL is the lack of maths in the course :/0
When we get our 20-30 credits a year from other departments I will probably pick a maths module in calculus etc as I want to take an economics masters degree.
Jellyfish96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When we get our 20-30 credits a year from other departments I will probably pick a maths module in calculus etc as I want to take an economics masters degree.
Same i think or one in statitics 0
Logolept
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi did you guys get some study buddy email? I got one but don't have a offer yet?
DZLX
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Logolept)
Hi did you guys get some study buddy email? I got one but don't have a offer yet?
Yeah, I received a buddy email today but no offer. Possibly a pre-cursor? I applied exactly a month ago so might be waiting a while. (I'm a Scottish Applicant)
Logolept
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DZLX)
Yeah, I received a buddy email today but no offer. Possibly a pre-cursor? I applied exactly a month ago so might be waiting a while. (I'm a Scottish Applicant)
Fingers crossed- hopefully we both get in!
DZLX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fingers crossed- hopefully we both get in!
Really hope so!
Jamie S
Rep:
?
I got the study buddy email, but I do have an offer. I wouldn't have thought it means much, but I hope you do well!
Vision Hu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have got the offer from MA Political Economy of King's, it is conditional though..
Good to find some peers also applying for this programme. I am an oversea applicant by the way, greetings from Beijing!
caroly0925
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
finally got my offer so happy
Jamie S
Rep:
?
(Original post by caroly0925)
finally got my offer so happy
Congrats!
DZLX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a conditional offer for political economy! AA at advanced higher!
JoshuaRaj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got a an offer of ABB for Politcal economy with a year aborad at Birmingham !
Jamie S
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshuaRaj)
Got a an offer of ABB for Politcal economy with a year aborad at Birmingham !
Well done, have you applied to King's?
JoshuaRaj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Jamie S;52684343]Well done, have you applied to King's?[/QUOTE
I did ,but for History .I later withdrew since I didn't want to read History anymore .
derek15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone! I'm an American applicant and I have an unconditional for politics! I will probably go after I see how my US ones turn out. I also applied Oxford his/pol and got rejected post interview. Can't wait to meet you all!

Also I have a question about british system. I notice people going to KCL and other schools like it with A*s and A's at A level, aren't these the same type of grades people use to go to Oxbridge and LSE? How do they distinguish applicants to 1st and 2nd tier schools if they're getting the same grades at A level? I just ask this because idk the UK system too well and some peoples' stats like the OP seem the same as people at slightly better schools and I'm wondering why that is.

But anyways, love King's and London and am beyond excited!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise