The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
got an email from csm today about the article submission its the same brief as on the course page! only have ten days as well eeeeek
Reply 41
I just got an email from CSM asking me to provide an 800 words journalist article
Reply 42
me too ahhhh ****!!! no clue what to write about!
Guys, I just got an email from CSM to submit an 800 word article on my view on contemporary fashion..I am just so scared now..i need to complete two essays for CSM and London Met now before the 30th! aaaaaah!!!
Reply 44
I got the email too!! Oh god ten days I'm so nervous!
Reply 45
does anyone know if it has to be original or if we can submit pre-existing work?
10 days, how scary. Trying to brainstorm now but proving to be impossible!
Reply 47
i think you can probably submit pre-existing if it works for you!
So the topic on the essay can be anything at all??
Reply 49
I think so, it doesn't specify fashion so I'm pretty sure it can be anything?
Reply 50
it does say an informed viewpoint on contemporary fashion though??
Reply 51
oh true I haven't had a chance to properly read it yet sorry!!
Original post by c1arad
I think so, it doesn't specify fashion so I'm pretty sure it can be anything?

The email says views on contemporary fashion so i think we can include any experiences or things we have learnt in fashion...trying to pick a topic is hard lol
Original post by withlove
Still waiting from LCF and CSM. Got a condition offer for LCC for just journalism !

hey i applied for journalism too ! how long did it take for them to get back to you?
Original post by gomarcaigh
hey i applied for journalism too ! how long did it take for them to get back to you?

I applied 22nd Nov and found out 8th December
Reply 55
yes!! so glad this email came through i wasn't expecting it for at least another week or two!! can finally get started
hey guys,

I've applied for UCA, LCF, Sunderland, Southampton and London Met!
I've had offers from UCA, Southampton and Sunderland, but haven't heard from the others apart from an email from LCF saying about correspondances in February and I submitted a piece to London Met but haven't heard from them yet (:
is anyone in the same situation as me?
I'm struggling with the brief. When it says contemporary fashion, does that mean we can write about current fashion issues like celebrity vogue covers or does it have to be about the topic itself e.g. aesthetic of contemporary brands?
@withlove I really do not think it's a great idea to write about celebrity fashion..I have read people dismiss essays that are written about just Vogue covers and celebrity matters, I think aesthetic of contemporary brands is the idea but you gotta be more original and write about a topic that captivates their interest
Reply 59
I also considered writing something on a celebrity that influences contemporary fashion, but now I don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending