University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread Watch

beteoubelle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
its so weird (but also pretty awesome ) to see so many other Americans here - I'm from North Carolina and just got my unconditional offer for politics and economic & social history an hour ago
imperialjunkie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! Since your from america (like me!) i'm assuming you submitted predicted AP grades? or had you already received your grades? I know they accept a lot of us because we pay so much more than students in the UK :P
beteoubelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes! I did submit predicted grades (three 5s and a 4), but since they gave me an unconditional offer, I'm assuming they don't really care about them and were fine with the ones I had already (three 5s, two 4s and a 3).

And yeah, they must love getting international tuition - lucky for us!
Parkie97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone on here from scotland?
Got an unconditional for GPG on friday so pleased
imperialjunkie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
have you ever heard of someone from the US getting an unconditional offer based on just predicted APs? I had taken a lot of APs but none relevant to my major until this year (i took all history and english APs but I recently decided to major in a science...)
beteoubelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by imperialjunkie)
have you ever heard of someone from the US getting an unconditional offer based on just predicted APs? I had taken a lot of APs but none relevant to my major until this year (i took all history and english APs but I recently decided to major in a science...)
I haven't heard of that - although I wouldn't call myself an expert. usually what I think happens is if you haven't met the minimum requirements with previous test scores (specifically, the requirement that you have a certain number of AP tests relating to your course), they will give you a conditional offer that is based on AP scores you take in may (assuming that will allow you to meet the minimum requirements).

but again, I'm basically in the same boat as you, so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless, best of luck!
cora06140
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys, congrats on all your offers! Approx how long did it take for you to hear back after applying?
Parkie97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cora06140)
Hi guys, congrats on all your offers! Approx how long did it take for you to hear back after applying?
Just over 6weeks but Im local so not paying fees might be quicker for english or non EU
nellybelly29
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I received my offer a month after applying.
arseniccornflak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
About a month.
cora06140
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arseniccornflak)
About a month.
(Original post by Parkie97)
Just over 6weeks but Im local so not paying fees might be quicker for english or non EU
(Original post by nellybelly29)
I received my offer a month after applying.
Ah, well zen and patience are on the cards then... Ommmhhh...
Thok1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's what I'm applying for too!! Got AAAAB at Higher, so my fingers are crossed. How long did it take for you to get an offer?
Parkie97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Thok1)
That's what I'm applying for too!! Got AAAAB at Higher, so my fingers are crossed. How long did it take for you to get an offer?
Who are you asking?
username1611059
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arseniccornflak)
Got an unconditional offer to study Chemistry with Industrial Experience MChem while I was on the toilet today.
Contrats ! I didn't know they gave unconditional offers ! I'm applying to the same course, what were your predictive grades?
Stierko
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi All,

I am current student in this amazing university. If you are still not sure which one you choose, maybe check this page. I just trying to put all possible sources together to encourage students to choose this one.

Of course feel free to ask any question
[facebook link removed by mod]

Marek
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Millymd)
Contrats ! I didn't know they gave unconditional offers ! I'm applying to the same course, what were your predictive grades?
They give unconditional offers to people who already have the required grades.
YuriG1961
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got my offer yesterday, AAA for chemistry, gonna be very difficult to obtain those grades as I got BBBB at AS-level averages around 75-79% UMS, so I need As in every exam I take this year
nellybelly29
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by YuriG1961)
Got my offer yesterday, AAA for chemistry, gonna be very difficult to obtain those grades as I got BBBB at AS-level averages around 75-79% UMS, so I need As in every exam I take this year
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
rockaka
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats all who got offers! I just got mine for Geography and Anthropology. Looks like they're evaluating the international students first. Another (part) American here
Dster77
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
join the offer holder's group on facebook!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/305911452942096/
Seriously join it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (121)
39.54%
No - but I will (16)
5.23%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.69%

Watched Threads