Failed my dissertation for plagiarism Watch

This discussion is closed.
kittyb99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by clh_hilary)
...Not everything after your undergraduate a 'postgraduate degree'. It just isn't. I've looked at lots of certificates.
The word 'postgraduate' by nature means something you do 'after' you have 'graduated'. Of course, you could do another undergraduate degree, which would not be postgraduate study, but the as a general rule Masters courses, PhDs, PGCEs, Law conversion courses etc. are all postgraduate courses and normally have entry requirements based on your undergraduate grade. If you have an example of a degree that you do only after you have an undergraduate degree, and it is not a postgraduate course, then please do enlighten us all.

I've enclosed a very helpful Wikipedia page for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postgra...aduate_Degrees

In the meantime, you might want to reconsider your tone on here. It's unnecessarily rude, which I believe is the result of misplaced arrogance. Why don't you try being nice to people and you will find you get much more from TSR. If you genuinely feel this negativity towards the TSR population, then I really don't know why you don't just deactivate your account.
The Champion.m4a
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kittyb99)
The word 'postgraduate' by nature means something you do 'after' you have 'graduated'. Of course, you could do another undergraduate degree, which would not be postgraduate study, but the as a general rule Masters courses, PhDs, PGCEs, Law conversion courses etc. are all postgraduate courses and normally have entry requirements based on your undergraduate grade. If you have an example of a degree that you do only after you have an undergraduate degree, and it is not a postgraduate course, then please do enlighten us all.

I've enclosed a very helpful Wikipedia page for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postgra...aduate_Degrees

In the meantime, you might want to reconsider your tone on here. It's unnecessarily rude, which I believe is the result of misplaced arrogance. Why don't you try being nice to people and you will find you get much more from TSR. If you genuinely feel this negativity towards the TSR population, then I really don't know why you don't just deactivate your account.
I said degree.

I didn't say it wouldn't be a 'postgraduate course'. I said it's not necessarily a 'postgraduate degree'. But nobody seemed to be able to read it properly. I underlined the original post with the word 'degree', I kept putting quotes with the term 'postgraduate degree'.

I hope this time it's obvious enough. Third time's the charm they say.

Also, LOL at me saying 'nope' and it's 'rude'. I may have been rude in numerous other posts, but 'nope' is not.

Since you seem to think this is the more polite and constructive way of doing things, maybe you'll find this useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_degree
Maarkk_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What university is it you attended?

It seems like they are being ridiculously harsh from the account that you have given us.

Sadly, I have to agree with many of the other comments on this thread. I fail to see how any amount of learned, professional academics could receive a document of "direct source material" (when they know they are meant to be marking a dissertation) and immediately think that you made a subtle attempt at passing off someone else's work as your own. I honestly struggle to even believe that they would award the work a fail without first contacting you to find out if there has been some sort of mistake.

However, I do believe your best option is to contact your dissertation supervisor/lecturer who you got on with. I'm sure they will make every attempt to be accomodating.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it a good plagiarism checker?

http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yamdude)
I think this one is among the worst. No direct hyperlinks to original sources, plagiarized parts are not highlighted, cannot load files and checking accuracy is of questionable quality as well.

As an alternative you can use https://unplag.com. All the above problems are absent and they have official partnership with Google and Bing, so even smallest plagiarized text fragments will be spotted.
Thanks, but it's not free...

Anyway, according to the free trial, I didn't plagiarize anything.
confusee123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
try the open university in milton keynes?
sorry to hear about what happened to you.hope it goes well.. keep us posted. Wish i could say more words of comfort but i don't know how it is since i'm an international applicant and still figuring out how stuff works here. in any case, i think you should try teesside kent and keynes, they might consider your application and grades.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zaheeruk07)
Having failed a Masters diss for plagiarism, I doubt the situation would be improved by the OP seeking help from an essay mill. Especially one which can't spell, punctuate or write in plain English.
sj27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Klix88)
Having failed a Masters diss for plagiarism, I doubt the situation would be improved by the OP seeking help from an essay mill. Especially one which can't spell, punctuate or write in plain English.
:toofunny:

PRSOM
Allie12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How much similarity score do u have
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads