(Original post by DiddyDec)
Looks like unicorns are real then.
Blazar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JC.)
I think you're getting confused between a "woman" and a "mutilated man".
To quote Laverne Cox, "When a trans woman is called a man, that is an act of violence."
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blazar)
To quote Laverne Cox, "When a trans woman is called a man, that is an act of violence."
How is it an act of violence?
Blazar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How is it an act of violence?
Because you're denying them their right to be identified as their preferred gender, which can cause or worsen dysphoria. It also marks them out as a target for transphobic abuse, both verbal and physical. Currently, the life expectancy of the average trans person is 30, due to the exceptionally high rates of trans people being murdered just for being transgender, and due to suicide rates from transphobes making trans people's lives a misery.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because you're denying them their right to be identified as their preferred gender, which can cause or worsen dysphoria. It also marks them out as a target for transphobic abuse, both verbal and physical. Currently, the life expectancy of the average trans person is 30, due to the exceptionally high rates of trans people being murdered just for being transgender, and due to suicide rates from transphobes making trans people's lives a misery.
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what a trans person is. As far as I am aware it is a mental disorder.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Laverne Cox, clearly has just as poor a grasp of the English language as you do.

If I cut the antlers off a reindeer and tried to sell it as a horse that'd be called, amongst other things, as misrepresentation.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what a trans person is. As far as I am aware it is a mental disorder.
Somewhere between a mental disorder and sadomasochism IMHO.

At the end of the day, you can call yourself what you like. In reality, however, a slide under the microscope reveals the real answers.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JC.)
Somewhere between a mental disorder and sadomasochism IMHO.

At the end of the day, you can call yourself what you like. In reality, however, a slide under the microscope reveals the real answers.
I agree entirely with the second part.
street.lovin'
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tibis)
"you can't really make up for it i'm afraid, some things are just too broken"

if you think that i lack knowledge than you only need explain to me the issue which you claim i lack knowledge of.

"i just thought it was not very sympathetic"

so you are now writing that i am not ignorant? you're writing that i was no showing ignorance and that you were just trying to express that you felt that i was not being sympathetic?

the word for not being sympathetic is 'unsympathetic', not 'ignorant'. if you think that someone is not being sympathetic then you can write that they are unsympathetic.
see how easy yours was to 'fix'?

"to people who went through hell to change themselves to become who they want to be and comfortable with."

sadly their 'hell' usually doesn't end once they are changed. all people will experience alot of what they feel is disrespect and inconsideration in life, no need to over dramatize it. my friend is experiencing hell from what happened to him when serving this corrupt and perverted nation for minimum wage and he doesn't get much respect.

"you were basically saying that it was pointless because it makes no difference"

i never said that it is pointless or makes no difference. of course if you chop your penis off and have a artifical vagina like thing sewn up then it is going to make a large difference to many aspects of life such as sex and urinating and i have also heard of the misery of having a 'phantom penis'.

you may have heard how that often when people lose a limb or part of their body then at times they can still feel the limb which is not htere. they may feel an ache or an itch which they cannot scratch.

apparently similar and far worse things can be felt when you lose your penis. you can feel extremely aroused and that you have a huge raging hardon which you feel you desperately need to touch and satisfy but it is not there.
doesn't that sound like hell to experience? i've heard that it causes such regret that it often leads to suicide.

infact, having thought about this, i do think that in a way i am unsympathetic as i am so unsympathetic that i am not arguing to make it illegal in order to prevent these people from possibly putting themselves through this misery just so surgeons can make money. as far as i'm concerned, let people have the freedom to cut their penises off if they want.

however i wouldn't say that i was as unsympathetic as someone who actually condones people having it done.
well, that isn't just being unsympathetic because if they are aware of the likely results then condoning it is more like evil sadism.

"atleast show some respect"

i will express my opinions without insulting anyone.

you telling people to show respect is very hypocritical after you just called someone 'ignorant'.
you realize how disrespectful you yourself could be seen to have been and how you have contradicted yourself by making this ridiculous statement?

"there was nothing wrong with what you were wondering"

thanks for the support but i'm already very comfortable with wondering and asking what it is like to make love to a man peach.

"(whether it was better than the real one or not)"

i never said that is what i was wondering. obviously some dodgey procedure does not result in something which is anywhere near as satisfying as a real vagina.

"you could have done it in a better way"

i think my question was fairly clear and to the point, though i'm still not sure if the person who he had sex with had a fake vagina or not. i assume he did as i can't imagine someone sodomizing someone who had a penis and coming away from it referring to the person as 'she'.

"can't expect much from people on internet who think they can say whatever they want and get away with it, i guess"

why would they not be able to get away with it? if someone wanted to then they can get away with using the internet to steal nation's secrets, sell drugs and arms, harass people, commit major fraudand steal credit card details etc and get away with all sorts of major crimes.

i am not doing that, i am asking a question and expressing my opinion without insulting anyone, which you have failed to do.

"i am sure in real life you wouldn't say such a thing"

damn right.

to be honest, i'd be cracking jokes to a person face to face in 'real life'. in person i would never have been as respectful as i have been, but i think this forum should have fairly civilized discussions so i have been friendly and not expressed my real opinions as i don't want to upset anyone.

"it is the magical computer screen that made you."

monitors do not possess magical qualities.

"your response to op sums you up pretty weel. i feel sorry for you"

again childishly resorting to personal insults.
i appreciate your sympathy but you do not need to feel sorry for me as i wouldn't change a thing about my greek god body, besides a scar and a pain which i sometimes get in my right shoulder (i think it's a trapped nerve) and am very wealthy, happy and satisfied financially, socially and sexually.
but thank you for your concern.

"all we are trying to say is 'show some respect'."

do not demand that people show unnecessary levels of respect as it is very obnoxious and dogmatic and does you no favours.

repsect is earnt, not naively demanded.

especially do not demand respect when several times out of frustration you have already attempted to insult and have been disrespectful yourself.

"you seem mad after being called a little boy"

yes, i am so angry. i am incandescent. if only i could write about homosexual expoits then i would feel that i were a man and no longer a little boy.

np. thank you and good luck to you too and happy xmas
lool sorry man, you took a long while to reply and i lost interest in the subject. i didnt read. :'(
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads