If this man totally wrong and cameron totally right Watch

otester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by German123)
I do not know where you are getting the above from. Your ideology is wrong because satan and lucifer are the same thing-do your research and see.
Some Christians started referring to Satan as Lucifer due to him being mentioned as lucifer (a morning star) in the Bible, this is an incorrect assertion because using the same logic, Christ among others, would also be Satan...

(Original post by SophieSmall)
Lovely as your chat is, how is it relevant to this thread?
Oh dear, here comes the...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4jn77VKlQ
Pseudocode
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
she is on benefits now and has been for some years.
Why? Unless she is disabled to the point whereby she cannot work there is no reason for her to have been on benefits this long.
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by otester)
Olester it really isn't relevant in the Politics post. Perhaps post it in the religion thread. I'm sure Xelios and Hermes would approve.
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by DErasmus)
It seems you don't know who MatureStudent is otherwise this would be an axiom not necessary to state.
I don't know how old MatureStudent is or what course he does etc since he doesn't seem to open up about personal things. If you ask him nicely I'm sure he'll open up.

In MatureStudents defence I will say there is a huge number of unemployed people exploiting the welfare system but they haven't been effected by the majority of the cuts from 2010 to 2014. Parents who tend to spit child after child out while being on welfare have continued to get more & more benefit entitlements. Then there are alcoholics and drug users.

Personally I don't think giving benefit money to alcoholics or drug users fixes their problems. There should be a program for drug & alcoholic users to go into rehab or prison. Get them clean as soon as possible instead of feeding their habit.

As for families which keep spitting out babies for state welfare I agree with the current Tory policy to restrict state benefit for up to 2 children. Well I agree with it some what. I think if a family has been working for more than 3 years and then finds themselves unemployed they should get benefit for all their family. However for those who have purposely had a child on benefits they should be penalized.

But I think MatureStudent should also recognize the points made in this thread where a lot of sanctions have been given to people who dont deserve them.
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lovely as your chat is, how is it relevant to this thread?
what i said may not be relevant to this thread but i was only responding to someone who quoted me.
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by otester)
Some Christians started referring to Satan as Lucifer due to him being mentioned as lucifer (a morning star) in the Bible, this is an incorrect assertion because using the same logic, Christ among others, would also be Satan...

Oh dear, here comes the...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4jn77VKlQ
When you are dealing with God you can never use your logic to solve problems concerning this as it will not work. Also the Bible stating that Lucifer is the devil is correct imo.
moggis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Current economic policy is to ensure there is a large number of unemployed to keep wages down. You can't then complain that there is a large number of unemployed people :facepalm: This doesn't even take into account those who work and need to use food banks etc
My sympathies are entirely with those on benefits but I need to pick you up on this.

It's simply not true that current economic policy is to keep wages down.In fact low wages are giving the Chancellor a huge headache due to the ensuing shortfall in tax revenue.Not to mention the small matter of the Tories needing every vote they can get if they are to win the election.People who aren't paid enough aren't usually too happy.
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DErasmus)
not paying attention and defending ill informed prejudice is his speciality, see: climate change denial, views on immigration, etc
I don't know what his views on immigration are but if he is against then it seems he's in the clear majority.If he's one of the minority who is happy with it I shall immediately follow him
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
Then a mistake was made, but I'm fainting it hard to believe that the staff would do it for that. Activity like that is normally a response to a general c**tish activity from the claimant before.

I understand your disbelief.However I think I'm right in saying that Panorama had a programme about claiming benefits in which they interviewed a benefits office worker ( who I think had to have their id hidden) and it was clear in that programme that staff were making a lot of mistakes.However I think that was concerning the implementation of the new system in one area.But it does go to show what can happen.
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
I don't know how old MatureStudent is or what course he does etc since he doesn't seem to open up about personal things. If you ask him nicely I'm sure he'll open up.

In MatureStudents defence I will say there is a huge number of unemployed people exploiting the welfare system but they haven't been effected by the majority of the cuts from 2010 to 2014. Parents who tend to spit child after child out while being on welfare have continued to get more & more benefit entitlements. Then there are alcoholics and drug users.

Personally I don't think giving benefit money to alcoholics or drug users fixes their problems. There should be a program for drug & alcoholic users to go into rehab or prison. Get them clean as soon as possible instead of feeding their habit.

As for families which keep spitting out babies for state welfare I agree with the current Tory policy to restrict state benefit for up to 2 children. Well I agree with it some what. I think if a family has been working for more than 3 years and then finds themselves unemployed they should get benefit for all their family. However for those who have purposely had a child on benefits they should be penalized.

But I think MatureStudent should also recognize the points made in this thread where a lot of sanctions have been given to people who dont deserve them.
As far as your comment on drug and alcohol users is concerned,that's fine,I personally am happy to go along with what experts think and I'd imagine many would agree with you,but of course it would cost more money!Thats the main reason we just give them benefits.As for your comments about the Tory policy regarding a 3rd child,thanks I hadn't known that.Its policies like that that keep the Tories from getting the overall power some of their other policies may deserve.No wonder they are still hated by millions
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stoltguyboo)
Yet they can always afford to buy **** and booze and food for the endless amounts of cats/dogs and other animals they've got these people make me sick.
I realise you may have not been entirely serious but in case you were let me try to make you feel a bit better by reminding you that of course much of the money that goes on booze and cigs returns directly to the exchequer by way of heavy duties. And indeed very little of the money that goes to these people actually leaves the country.Instead because they spend it all in this country it is put back into circulation immediately.So it's not as much a drain as many seem to think.Of course the biggest cost is often housing benefit.Whivh goes to private landlords but that's another matter.
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The epitome of this crazy economics is workfare. Literally force people to work for nothing. Employer (who normally has friends in government) gets free labour and reduces the amount of paid employment on offer. This drives wages down even further due to the standing army of unemployed ever increasing. Smaller businesses can't compete with the giant chains with their slaves so offer less pay. In all of this the state has to step in and give people benefit money (since we haven't gone full on letting people starve like some third world country yet).

What is effectively happening is the state subsidizes the wages of working people that employers should be paying. The real benefit scroungers are the employers! Some of these big employers then pay next to no tax! They benefit from the state but refuse to contribute themselves. All the while the benefit scrounger narrative is created by the media and the people running the country to win votes for this shameless example of crony capitalism.

If the min wage doesn't exist people would probably be on something stupid like £1 an hour... and the problem would be even worse. Yet the min wage gets the blame and any talk of increasing it is met with extreme skepticism. Wage repression is whether manufactured or accidental is bad for everyone other than the few who benefit (in the short term) and even then in the long term there can be bad repercussions even for them.

It makes me so mad

(if you read all that all that and don;t think I am nutcase well done )
Gosh.I got a headache trying to get all that!I take it you won't be voting Tory then? Just wanna pick you up on a couple of things.Its surely a bit unfair to claim that businesses are benefit scroungers because they should be paying higher wages when if this was America many benefits claimants would be forced to compete for jobs and so in this country the level of wages is higher than it would be if we had the American political will.And what about the taxes employers pay when they employ someone.As as for big businesses only paying the tax it needs to pay,well that's the job of a business as I'm sure you know.Its not the businesses fault.Its the consumers fault for buying from such businesses and we mostly know who they are don't we? I spend a fortune with amazon.Do I really care how much tax they pay.Apparently not enough to pay higher prices in other book retailers.I don't know how much affect workfare has on wages and I'm not sure I understood your point about smaller businesses not being able to compete but what would you do about those people who have been out of work a long time? It's a difficult problem.

oh and I'm not sure the media are responsible for the current anger towards benefits claimants.Rather I think they may well be responding to the genuine grievances of someone who works really hard only to find that the family next door lives in a similar house without working.The housing benefit system is causing a great deal of unhappiness among voters.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pseudocode)
Why? Unless she is disabled to the point whereby she cannot work there is no reason for her to have been on benefits this long.

Disabled.
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They should just learn how to cook porridge.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by moggis)
Gosh.I got a headache trying to get all that!I take it you won't be voting Tory then?
Of course not. If I were a proper right wing libertarian I wouldn't either. It;s not even a left wing thing. It's an anti crony capitalism thing.

The fact some student managed to get out of being forced to work for nothing by cleverly using anti slavery laws should say everything. Being forced to work by the state is an abuse of your freedom. It's something the Bolsheviks would have done. :rolleyes:
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My sympathies are entirely with those on benefits but I need to pick you up on this.

It's simply not true that current economic policy is to keep wages down.In fact low wages are giving the Chancellor a huge headache due to the ensuing shortfall in tax revenue.Not to mention the small matter of the Tories needing every vote they can get if they are to win the election.People who aren't paid enough aren't usually too happy.
They do that by creating ill founded justification narratives. Like blame the unemployed for the global financial crisis then hit them with a stick (which in this case is the slavery workfare scheme). If every single person voted in their own selfish interested the conservatives would never get elected. They get voted in because they and the media are good creating convincing lies which lots of people latch onto.

The natural rate fo unemployment is a real thing that those who run the country believe in. They are lieing if they say they want full employment.
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They do that by creating ill founded justification narratives. Like blame the unemployed for the global financial crisis then hit them with a stick (which in this case is the slavery workfare scheme). If every single person voted in their own selfish interested the conservatives would never get elected. They get voted in because they and the media are good creating convincing lies which lots of people latch onto.

The natural rate fo unemployment is a real thing that those who run the country believe in. They are lieing if they say they want full employment.
Well if the Tories are creating ill founded justification narratives they aren't doing a very good job of it since Labour has one of the most ineffective leaders in its history yet still have a good chance of winning.Although UKIP has taken a lot of the Tory vote it's also taken votes from Labour. "If people voted in their own self- interest the Tories would never win"? Ha,that certainly got me thinking and that actually may be true if you included all the non- voters.So your point is presumably that that shows that most are worse off under the Tories.The problem is however that Labour would have no choice but to make a great many cuts if they were to win because of the huge deficit.If they don't then they will have next to no chance of winning the election after that unless of course everyone votes which they won't of course.Most people who vote Tory do so for the same reason most Labour supporters vote Labour,because they expect to be better off.They are usually successful people and they are quite capable of seeing through blatant lies.I mean you see through these lies.Why do you think that you can and they cant? And I really don't think the Tories blame the unemployed for the global financial crisis.Do you have any quotes at all to back that up?Also,if by full employment you mean absolutely no one being unemployed then yes no government wants that and anyway it's un achievable. But I think that this unemployment business is a bit of a red herring.I mean that as far as I know unemployment benefit / JSA or whatever it's called now only costs the government a relatively tiny amount of money.What they are trying to do is change the way people think about work and entitlement to benefits.Its a very very hard thing to achieve and I think they've got no chance of succeeding.But it's the purpose of the Tories to try, and a lot of people do not blame them for trying
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chazwomaq)
They should just learn how to cook porridge.
Indeed.I am going to admit that I spent 5 and a half years dossing around on the dole.It was partly to prove I could be happy on very little money ( and partly cos I hate working) and the only problem I had with food was that I found myself sharing a goat with a mentally ill kleptomaniac who never bought a single item of food the whole 6 months I lived with him.However I've never smoked and there's no doubt that it's a lot easier to get by if you don't smoke.Also I should say that I supplemented my income by playing wiz machines but I actually saved that money.
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A flat! Not a goat.Bloody ipad predictive text that was.NOT a Freudian slip!
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found myself sharing a goat with a mentally ill kleptomaniac
A goat sounds much more fun
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.74%
No (573)
60.32%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.95%

Watched Threads