Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulpha)
    If I was in the early stages of seeing someone then it would probably cross my mind. But I've had a few notable LTRs where after the years I was with them, their hair wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they lost it.

All of the men worldwide who have ever married and gone on to lose their hair (including many in my own family) whose wives could care less.

You're missing the point though. Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulpha)
    If I was in the early stages of seeing someone then it would probably cross my mind. But I've had a few notable LTRs where after the years I was with them, their hair wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they lost it.

All of the men worldwide who have ever married and gone on to lose their hair (including many in my own family) whose wives could care less.

I find it impossible to believe that a man would wake up next to his partner in bed to see her completely bald, and not even care in anyway. Not even the slightest. Come on, you seem to think here that we're suggesting that hair loss would be a serious threat to a relationship. We aren't, we are simply saying that some people will be slightly disappointed with it, if they liked their partners hair beforehand.

If I had a boyfriend with lovely hair who went bald in later life, I would feel it was a shame. But it wouldn't make me love him any less, I'd still find him as attractive.

I honestly don't see why you were so defensive, saying I'm not capable of loving someone. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ShotsFired-9941)
    All men will eventually go bald.
    *Most men :p:

Anyway OP,

His older brother is completely bald and I just don't find the look attractive at all
    ^ Not sure how this is relevant unless they look exactly the same otherwise. You can't use your boyfriend's brother to gauge how attractive you're going to find your boyfriend when he goes bald...

It will be a change. And yes it will be a shock if he shaves it all off one day instead of it going gradually. But you'll get used to it. You might even come to prefer it one day.

This seems very akin to your boyfriend coming on here and starting a thread called "My girlfriend's boobs are sagging...", because chances are it's going to happen and you would hope that he would just accept it as a fact of life and not find you any less attractive because of it.

(Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I feel really sorry for guys who bald early. There isn't a lot that can be done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    um yes there is. hair transplant. a lot of people did it and it's a high success rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uw0tm8_)
    How stressful for you. Omg wow i cant imagine how you can go out with someone let alone love someone with no hair??? Omg wow youre so strong.

(Your attitude will make him feel more self conscious about his hair, he deserves better. I hope he dumps you.)
    stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    um yes there is. hair transplant. a lot of people did it and it's a high success rate.
    But it's not really easily affordable is it..
    Also, you still have to have a base amount of hair to distribute. Beyond a certain point, it doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like it, break up with him. Only you know whether this is a deal breaker or not. But please don't draw attention to it, because trust me, he will be incredibly self conscious about it.

My partner is bald but lost his hair before we got together. I'm just used to it now because it's all I've ever known him as, but he's very self conscious about it, even though it's been that way for about 8 years now!

ReputationRep:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2111131049279883/

Hipster with shaved head and beard.. Shaved/bald can work..!

I do kinda think it's a little shallow, I mean, you may not have chased a bald/balding guy when you were single, but you're with this guy and he wasn't when you met him.. Unless you've been with him for a short time (I get the impression that it hasn't been very long, based on your attitude towards the situation, but I could be wrong..) then I think this is a pretty shallow minded attitude. Shallowness has its place in new relationships I think, as you haven't established a strong emotional connection straight away, usually. If you have been with him a long time, then are you really sure he's the one for you if something superficial like this can put you off?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    More people than I thought are balding at a young age guess we don't know what we have until we lose it.
    I started to go bald at 21. 25 now and it has to be shaved or it's really noticeable.

Best thing to do is just shave it off and get it over with, embrace it. It looks silly when you see people with longish hair who are balding; hanging on to a thinning mess like they are hanging on to the glory years.

At first I was a bit gutted but I did expect it as my dad went bald at 23. I can honestly say it doesn't bother me these days.

ReputationRep:
    Reading the posts on this thread has made me wonder if there are now more trolls than legitimate posters these days :moon:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Probs more trolls tbh :troll2:

Serious question:
    How stressful for you. Omg wow i cant imagine how you can go out with someone let alone love someone with no hair??? Omg wow youre so strong.

(Your attitude will make him feel more self conscious about his hair, he deserves better. I hope he dumps you.)
    Also I genuinely can't tell if you're taking the piss
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend was going a bit thin when we met but it was barely noticeable until he pointed it out. He has such lovely hair (one of my favourite things about him) and now a year later he has a noticeable bald spot and a receding hairline. He is self conscious so usually wears hats or tries to style it to hide it. His older brother is completely bald and I just don't find the look attractive at all . my boyfriend is kind of skinny and indie/hipster looking and a shaved head would just look weird. Obviously I'll love him regardless but the thought that one day soon he's gonna turn up with a smooth head is freaking me out. I like hair!
    Just so you're aware though some guys lose their hair and then it stops and they don't lose anymore :nah: Or they'll lose more but like wayyyy in later years. :yep::yep::yep:

:flybye:

ReputationRep:
    Give me a blowjob and I will help you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girls sniper)
    Give me a blowjob and I will help you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    best solution e v e r

ReputationRep:
    Haha u can do it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Jheeeze!

ReputationRep:
    Try regular inversion postures in yoga. Once the blood supply to scalp and hair improves, the fall should hopefully stop. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Finasteride will sort him out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

It's a multi-purpose drug that's often taken to limit male pattern baldness. A lot of people swear by it, and it's fairly cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    But it's not really easily affordable is it.. t
    Also, you still have to have a base amount of hair to distribute. Beyond a certain point, it doesn't work.
    Can't you just transplant the root off someone else's head?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.