What's happened to TSR? Watch

XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
True, I think a good point has been made now that I really think hard - as we grow older, from being quite young on TSR, through to being one of the older members, things are bound to seem less and less mature until one day we stop and it hits us. I reckon, thinking back, that's probably the point at which I started this thread.

Not sure if I'll be around much longer anyway though - graduating in 12 days, at which point I won't really have place here anymore.
-sniffle-
Pseudocode
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All forums have these ridiculous threads. It's nothing new and it's not going to change in the future.
starlight4711
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
TSR users make it so easy and satisfying for trolls to troll them.
hahahahah, I just fell into that trap (on another thread)
trustmeimlying1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LPK)
Holy. Crap. The nostalgia. :eek:

Although, it's quite sickening to read some of my posts from 2003. Admittedly I was 13 at the time, but I'd still go back in time and kick my former self in the crotch.

I absolutely butchered the English language as a teenager. Capital letters and full stops had no chance.

But yeah... as nostalgic as that was, let's keep the past as hidden as possible.

I bloody miss some of those old school members though. They're awesome.
(Original post by the bear)
i errm misread this part as Who has the longest member :giggle:
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
2005?! :awesome:

You must at the very least be our longest serving bear, but I suspect also one of the longest serving members of any kind of mammal.

Who is the longest serving member, out of interest? Captain Jack?
wtf its scarey over ten years ago there was people like us on here! **** me!

jaysus thats crazy.but cool.god haha so weird p
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interesting...
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XMaramena)
It seems over the last few years, the number of (at least in my eyes) ridiculous threads - often in the Current Affairs section - are just taking over the forum like a plague. Even just on the top threads that show up now while writing this:

- Do you think subjects like Drama and Media should be abolished?
- Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from the days of slavery?
- What's the point of emotion if we all die in the end?
- Which facts would you disbelieve in if it was against your religion?
- Why is homosexuality being rampantly encouraged?
- Women will always be less successful than men.

I mean this is just a few titles that stand out, but is this really the kind of nonsense that TSR threads are becoming now?

I'm all for debate and discussion, and I know there are some young teens on here, but lots of these threads are just ridiculous - some of them I'm sure are created just as attempts to rally up hatred on others.

I'm sure it never used to be like this!
Haha I agree with this. The amount of ridiculous threads that are on the TSR now..LOL.
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XMaramena)
It seems over the last few years, the number of (at least in my eyes) ridiculous threads - often in the Current Affairs section - are just taking over the forum like a plague. Even just on the top threads that show up now while writing this:

- Do you think subjects like Drama and Media should be abolished?
- Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from the days of slavery?
- What's the point of emotion if we all die in the end?
- Which facts would you disbelieve in if it was against your religion?
- Why is homosexuality being rampantly encouraged?
- Women will always be less successful than men.

I mean this is just a few titles that stand out, but is this really the kind of nonsense that TSR threads are becoming now?

I'm all for debate and discussion, and I know there are some young teens on here, but lots of these threads are just ridiculous - some of them I'm sure are created just as attempts to rally up hatred on others.

I'm sure it never used to be like this!
At least they're better than:

ktt - bring back ventilated kickstarter
super secret subs video games thread - imagine justifying your Watchdogs purchase
TSR sexy posts - servin' it up hot, and also some really bad ones

And no, the second thread doesn't exist. :grumble:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads