The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Chinese/Korean/Japanese Studies at University of Sheffield 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Livvyxo
What does everyone plan to do with their chinese/japanese/korean degrees? Just curious!

My initial plan was to teach, but there are companies that apparently look at the graduates an offer them jobs. So i'm really up for doing anything :biggrin: but teaching was the first step.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 41
Original post by Livvyxo
What does everyone plan to do with their chinese/japanese/korean degrees? Just curious!

I want to gain experience teaching but my main aim is to go into Law or the public sector at some point~ ^^ I shall see how things go and maybe my interests will change.

By the way, anyone going for the earliest applicant open day on 18th Feb? That's when I'm going for mine c:
Is there a Fb group?
Original post by JamesJones777
Is there a Fb group?

I don't think there is one for this year yet. I just looked on Facebook and last years is the only one that appears.
Original post by JasonEvans
I don't think there is one for this year yet. I just looked on Facebook and last years is the only one that appears.

There is a Sheffield one in general https://www.facebook.com/groups/993665860650691/
Anyone applied for Chinese?
If people want I could start off the Facebook group for this year. Does anyone know who started it last year?
If people want I could start off the Facebook group for this year. Does anyone know who started it last year?

The current University Students start it each year so they can answer any questions that we have.

The group wasn't up until like February last year.
I could ask the current ones SEAS students saying there are a few of us now and if they could make one??
Original post by Danderlilly
I could ask the current ones SEAS students saying there are a few of us now and if they could make one??

I already have asked 2, they said to make and they will join/ answer questions.
I already have asked 2, they said to make and they will join/ answer questions.

Really? Because i already tried to make one but they said they would do that so i deleted it...
Really? Because i already tried to make one but they said they would do that so i deleted it...

Well as long as they will be able to join I think it will be fine.
Well as long as they will be able to join I think it will be fine.

Oh well thats fine then, problem is you need a second person to add to the group before it can be made.
Oh well thats fine then, problem is you need a second person to add to the group before it can be made.

Do you want to be that guy, I can get on one knee if I have to lol:biggrin:
If somebody could post the link when the Facebook group is made, I'd appreciate it. Would love to join and be able to know some faces :tongue:
Do you want to be that guy, I can get on one knee if I have to lol:biggrin:

Sounds good just spoke to Rebecca :biggrin:
Original post by Ice Dragon
If somebody could post the link when the Facebook group is made, I'd appreciate it. Would love to join and be able to know some faces :tongue:

Don't worry we will :biggrin:
Sounds good just spoke to Rebecca :biggrin:

Bet you didn't think I was Darren's brother :tongue:
Okay we have made the Facebook group for this year if people would like to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529385583987565/1529385993987524/?notif_t=group_activity
Hi guys!

Congratulations on your offers! I'm a second year Japanese student about to go on my year abroad next year, so feel free to ask any questions. Hope to see you at the open days :smile:

Hanis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending