Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyf has changed completely but i still love him watch

Mad to think that I'm coming to a decision about leaving my boyfriend, something I never thought would have been the case 24hrs ago. Mad.

ReputationRep:
    IDK but this reminds me of the beginning stages from the itv documentary "murdered by my boyfriend"

(Original post by Uw0tm8_)
    IDK but this reminds me of the beginning stages from the itv documentary "murdered by my boyfriend"

NOOO

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Mad to think that I'm coming to a decision about leaving my boyfriend, something I never thought would have been the case 24hrs ago. Mad.
    the power of a paradigm shift...

(Original post by Uw0tm8_)
    oh yeah ! though I think it was BBC. I remember that, and they had a child together before he killed her.

Check out this little extract from when he had hurt her I think the first time :

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/4295380

This is what abusers do, and how victims often rationalize staying with them.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, there is only one thing that could lead me to such behaviour! Someone telling me: my gf was cheating on me, got laid often when she was drunk (and she enjoyed/consented to have affairs), her ex is back etc... (Even if I know it is not true)

Yea sure I trust her but ... (following sentence)

--> The possession he shows is proportional to how much he is attracted and "in love" with you (for me love is obsession with balanced caring towards an individual, when it gets unbalanced, its called possession).

To be honest, try to see if you can fix him. Obviously only if he still can behave like a mature person. I honestly hate drinking too much and I cannot see a drunk person acting like an adult, so maybe when he is sober?

Tell him "I am worried about you, tell me NOW ALL the troubles you have or dream you want to achieve". And try to lead the dialog to fix some of his behaviour.

If he can't then break up! Sorry for that but yea better now than after marriage or being pregnant (does he wanna marry you and have a complete family?). Most of the guys start to care so much about the partner that they get possessive.

To be honest leaving one in such behaviour would be good for you but not for him. Also, suggesting to have "a break/pause/get a bit of distant love" would irritate me the most. I would not want to get back and if someone wants, must be because he wants to "feel" you again, whether affection or sex...

Good luck with your decision.

P.S.
    I would suggest my policy, but it is up to you if you wanna follow some of the aspects stated. No comment or critic is allowed for this statement, because this is my policy, not your and not forcing to others.
    "Move forward and leave people behind if they are a hindrance. Enjoy your life to the fullest by being honest with yourself and respectful. It is your life, you have one shot, do not regret your time! If you know there will be a period of regrets try to make it lasts short. Be direct to people when making connections/relationships. Be in a relationship where one is mainly emotional and the other is mainly logical."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.