Turn on thread page Beta

Couple who tortured and killed 3-year-old could face death penalty in Pennsylvania watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AL230492)
    KILL THOSE WHO FIND IT ACCEPTABLE TO KILL OTHERS. - where does it end?

How about we stop with the killing, and come to an understanding that yes, people do upsetting things, but who are we to warrant their death? They need help, not executing. I wouldn't kill you people just because you're not educated enough to understand or even value a human life as an equal.

A human life is a human life - no matter what that person has done.

Mental illnesses are indiscriminate. You could one day become psychotic and do something unspeakable. Would you deserve to be killed? No.
    And here we have a prime example of a liberal who lives in a Magical fantasy world where killing doesn't exist.

Killing will always exist liberal get used to it. Humans have been killing each other for thousands of years.

Killing is a very natural thing

Murderers like this don't need help they need punishing. Thank god you aren't in a position of power. You would end up turning what ever country you are in charge of into a third world hellhole where criminals roam freely.

You make me physically sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESPORTIVA)
    I did couldn't find hundreds

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you find any to the contrary? I'm guessing you have found loads agreeing with me.

ReputationRep:
    And here we have a prime example of a liberal who lives in a Magical fantasy world where killing doesn't exist.

Killing will always exist liberal get used to it. Humans have been killing each other for thousands of years.

Murderers like this don't need help they need punishing. Thank god you aren't in a position of power. You would end up turning what ever country you are in charge of into a third world hellhole where criminals roam freely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Funny how Britain has become a much better place since abolishing the death penalty and becoming a more left wing country. No one said killing doesn't exist either...

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I see the death penalty as an easy way out for these people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    How should it be decided if someone gets an appeal or not? I asked this question but you didn't answer.
    No one...

Nor would I actually support doing this in practice, precisely because knowing guilt for sure is so hard.

But just from a moral perspective, if these two are guilty, then they should get killed. I see no point rehabilitating these people. In ideal case they would just be killed.

You (or someone) mentioned the emotional reaction to this - mine wasn't that the punishment went from prison to murder because I was so outraged, but instead was skipping the judicial system.

ReputationRep:
    I would actually support the death penalty for them, however the only reason I wouldn't is purely because it apparently costs more than sending them to jail, for a life sentence

Even in prisons, there is some sort of "justice code" they have. If you're in for murdering an innocent child, that doesn't bode so well with a lot of prisoners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    No one...

Nor would I actually support doing this in practice, precisely because knowing guilt for sure is so hard.

But just from a moral perspective, if these two are guilty, then they should get killed. I see no point rehabilitating these people. In ideal case they would just be killed.

You (or someone) mentioned the emotional reaction to this - mine wasn't that the punishment went from prison to murder because I was so outraged, but instead was skipping the judicial system.
    So by your reasoning we have to give them loads of appeals (because no one can decide that they cannot have them), which costs more than life in prison. You haven't given a way of executing them more cheaply than life in prison (unless you are talking about lynching them).

ReputationRep:
    So by your reasoning we have to give them loads of appeals (because no one can decide that they cannot have them), which costs more than life in prison. You haven't given a way of executing them more cheaply than life in prison (unless you are talking about lynching them).
    I was. I meant from a moral perspective I would have no quarry with someone just shooting them on the spot. I believe some humans are so despicable the world is better off without them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    I was. I meant from a moral perspective I would have no quarry with someone just shooting them on the spot. I believe some humans are so despicable the world is better off without them.
    It would certainly save money doing that and I would not be upset of they dropped dead right now. But I see no way of having the death penalty without it either costing loads (so being pointless) or having a huge risk of innocents being killed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we have the right to choose who lives or dies, thats should not be a decision we as humans should be making, kill one couple today, in 10 year time it would become a norm and then where will our humanity be. Punishment they do deserve, and hope they feel deprived and worthless in prison or forced labour but not death in the hand of man, your just as bad as them if you think its acceptable to take a life. In any case you can almost never be 100% if someone is guilty of what the "Media" have portrayed to the general public, which risks some innocents life being taken away, even though if you gave the law or authorities some time they might of been proven not guilty but it would of been too late. I'v have seen this happen through the news far too often when the wrong person spends there life in prison for 10-15 years. I don't know about you but I could not live with that on my conscience. Some people comments on here are disgraceful, I'm so glad that the UK had realised the inhumane death law and got rid and treats people as humans, e.g. when so called 'criminals' are still treated with good healthcare from doctors and nurses. I feel so sorry for the emotionless and stuck up people who would never realise the cruel nature of the death penalty because no matter what anyone says their attitudes will hardy change on the subject.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello, ESPORTIVA, If I may call you that?

Firstly; politics has never been of interest to me. Only science :cool:. So as to go so far to label me when in actual fact, I don't even label myself on a political standpoint, is a bit far fetched...

Secondly; I made no such suggestion to killing not existing. I'm sorry you misunderstood that. Maybe I wasn't clear.

Thirdly; thank you for trying to educate me about how humans work. I have studied psychology for awhile so I have a good understanding, but thanks anyway.

And finally; The aim for the human specie is to survive for the longest period of time until we die of old age. It's biologically coded within us. So I apologise if my views of equality, offend you.

I am also sorry that you misplaced your anger towards me. I do not affiliate myself with any group of people. I am an individual just as you, who has individual thoughts and feelings.

FYI: Murderers (unless caused by accident), are mentally ill people. Plenty of people kill for plenty of reasons, some we may relate to, others we can't. Just because we can't understand or relate to what is going on in somebodies mind, does not make them a monster that deserves death or pain.

For example with another topic; taking or buying drugs for personal use is illegal in most 1st world countries. Does punishment work? No... Because people do their time, and go back to drugs. That solves nothing. They need to be rehabilitated if they wish to get better, and those who don't try or don't want to get better, to be sentenced to attend a reform centre for as long as the psychologists permits.

If we were to understand this and identify the roots of these mental illnesses and help these people before it gets to the point of murder, then we would be better off. Is that not agreeable in even the slightest?

Anyway, back to the point :rolleyes:. I still stand by what I say, and I respect your opinion whatever it may be.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather they spent the rest of their lives in a poorly governed prison where the prisoners treat them the same way as they treated that poor boy. I want them to suffer and feel for what they did, not let them off with a simple injection. And I wouldn't shed a tear when they inevitably hang themselves out of desperation and madness. They deserve to suffer every form of pain until they die, and I would not choose to rehabilitate these subhumans.

ReputationRep:
    Send them to jail, once the prisoners get word of what they did, I imagine their anguses could never be peppered well enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=facebook-post

Truly sickening. I simply don't know how people can be so depraved. They left the boy for dead whilst they had sex, ate pizza and went out shopping. It's just unbelievable. Is the death penalty the right mode of punishment here though?

The mother and her partner can be seen here:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It sounds cruel but in this case i would support the death penalty regardless of what anyone says.

ReputationRep:
    It would certainly save money doing that and I would not be upset of they dropped dead right now. But I see no way of having the death penalty without it either costing loads (so being pointless) or having a huge risk of innocents being killed.
    Sadly that is true

ReputationRep:
    I would go for death penalty but that's too easy, they should be made to suffer for the rest of their life! But not jail, something much more harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=facebook-post

Truly sickening. I simply don't know how people can be so depraved. They left the boy for dead whilst they had sex, ate pizza and went out shopping. It's just unbelievable. Is the death penalty the right mode of punishment here though?

The mother and her partner can be seen here:

Spoiler:
    Show
    This is why not anyone should be allowed to have kids.

ReputationRep:
    Death penalty? God some of you are such barbarians!

I say show them some mercy, simply give them a long jail sentence to reflect on their crime. Of course I think it would be fair for all prisoners to know why they were serving their sentence, deriving some sort of sick pleasure from torturing a 3 yr old for weeks, maybe put up some photos of the boys body to give a visual representation of the results. If any prisoner takes issue with one of the two for what they've done. then it's probably best for any guards to leave the area for a time until they've sorted it out amongst themselves amicably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    Tbh, I see the death penalty as an easy way out for these people
    Only a deluded liberal will say that being dead is better than living comfortably in a first world country

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Death penalty? God some of you are such barbarians!

I say show them some mercy, simply give them a long jail sentence to reflect on their crime. Of course I think it would be fair for all prisoners to know why they were serving their sentence, deriving some sort of sick pleasure from torturing a 3 yr old for weeks, maybe put up some photos of the boys body to give a visual representation of the results. If any prisoner takes issue with one of the two for what they've done. then it's probably best for any guards to leave the area for a time until they've sorted it out amongst themselves amicably.
    Lol I hope you are joking.

Liberals hope that other prisoners rape the criminal in question as punishment.

The same anti death penalty liberals are pro prison rape

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.