Girls: if a guy called you "moderately pretty"? Watch

FuelBowser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
Lol in your dreams. If you said that to me when others had complimented me properly, I wouldn't even give you the time of day.
Liar
tupper_ware
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FuelBowser)
She will be intrigued as to why I am not blown away with her like other men, making me more of a challenge
No she won't, something is wrong with you.
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Liar
Can't handle the truth, can you?
natashag98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't take that as a compliment. They're basically saying you're average and there are people who are better looking than you.
Louanneee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if you're going to say that, you might as well say nothing at all, don't bother. i'm a girl and if someone said that to me i wouldn't take it as a compliment
iama
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It sounds more bad than good :/ and personally I would take it as an insult. Especially since she's used to guys calling her pretty, don't you think she would take it badly? I doubt her ego is not boosted enough and that your comment would do that much change. Also, since you want to flirt with her, she should get the message that you are interested enough. By telling her that she might just think you are simply making an observation or telling her to mind her business and don't think she should approach you/ she has any chance with you. In any case, I don't see it as good.

I doubt you calling her simply 'pretty' will make her think you must have her, you can't live without her. Pretty is not too big of a word either. I call some pets pretty (even objects) and I have no romantic attraction to them (You'll have to trust me on that one)
Peaches and Cream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you want a kick in the balls and to get nowhere with this girl, sure, go for it.
Lularose83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd be insulted and probably never talk to him again
ssupernova
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Id say this was another way of saying average , or pretty . Which doesn't mean ugly at least ...
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't remember ever calling a girl moderately pretty before, quite pretty, pretty & really/very pretty yes. Just never used the term "moderately". It's better than being called ugly I guess but I don't think many girls would be ok with being called that :erm:
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it was someone I was flirting with/thought it was going somewhere...I'd leave and not come back. I'm not interested in anyone who thinks Im distinctly average.

If it were a platonic friendship Id probably swat them around the head and insult them back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
Lol in your dreams. If you said that to me when others had complimented me properly, I wouldn't even give you the time of day.
actually it can work, assuming the girl is a drop dead 9-10/10

oh but "moderately pretty" that's just an awful low social skill sentence to say to her, try and be more flirtatious.
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
haha I do rubbish like this all the time.... maybe why I'm awful with women.

As long as it's done in a cheeky way, and you make it obvious your joking etc and you do actually find them pretty it's fine. I normally do that when I'm in a cheeky or teasing mood. You know it's worked if you hear a laugh or jokey hit on the shoulder or something.... if not go into damage control
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would you take it as a compliment? Or take it badly ?
You're basically saying she's about a 6-7/10.
FuelBowser
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
You're basically saying she's about a 6-7/10.
Saying she's better looking than 80% of women

0-4 = ugly
5- average - 50%
6- kind of pretty (top 40%)
7- moderately pretty (top 20%)
8- very pretty (top 2%)
9- drop dead gorgeous (top 0.1%)
10- impossible (top 0.0000001%)
William Turtle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Saying she's better looking than 80% of women

0-4 = ugly
5- average - 50%
6- kind of pretty (top 40%)
7- moderately pretty (top 20%)
8- very pretty (top 2%)
9- drop dead gorgeous (top 0.1%)
10- impossible (top 0.0000001%)
I hate that women just don't tend to understand the logarithmic nature of the /10 scale.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by William Turtle)
I hate that women just don't tend to understand the logarithmic nature of the /10 scale.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, technically by saying someone is a 6, they're more attractive than adverage.....

Although the vast majority of girls would be offended if you said anything lower than a 7-8.
King_Julien
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would you take it as a compliment? Or take it badly ?

She'd love it. Its different to what she normally hears day in day out. Plus it will capture her attention for you as she'll be constantly thinking about the two words. Yep so definitely go for it. You have my backing!
Musie Suzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I'm the guy.

I'm planning on telling a girl I want to flirt with that's she's "moderately pretty"

Don't want to call her "pretty" as that's too much of an ego boost and she gets told that by too many men already.

I want her to know that I find her OK looking but I'm not head of heels for her
Don't fall for that PUA bull, you tool. And don't plan how you're going to flirt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads