Why do people keep messaging even if you ignore them? Watch

Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)
By 'doesn't take a hint or even an obvious message' are you referring exclusively to simply not responding? Because this isn't an obvious message and isn't really even a hint either.

Firstly, a little growing up is required. Secondly, you tell them that you are flattered by their interest in you but you would rather not pursue any further communication. If they are 'constantly messaging' and this is your beef with them, it may be an idea to ask them not to message so frequently.

It never ceases to amaze me how emotionally unintelligent TSR users are.

OOoosh, shot em down my man!
Texas cowboy style YEAH!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
BTW TSR; I'm anon because certain people on here do this and would know if I posted.
c_k62
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well i was persistant with my ex for just over a year and it worked.. haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zenarthra
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Either you're trolling, or you should know that any user can press 'make post anonymous' to make it 'anonymous'. I.e. they're all different people under a pseudonym.
For one, no one person could have achieved the ~500k posts that have been made under anonymity without having no life or being deleted.

Eastern European.
And I don't really know, my opinion changes a lot I do get a lot of attention, but most of the aforementioned guys don't make anything obvious if that's the reason, and I don't think it's the case for all of them (unless I'm being naive..)
Yeah bu liek, why dont you just message them?
Why did you give them your number?
And you dont want to talk to them because they're not on your level in terms of attractiveness or because you think its annoying?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zenarthra)
Yeah bu liek, why dont you just message them?
Why did you give them your number?
And you dont want to talk to them because they're not on your level in terms of attractiveness or because you think its annoying?
It's not on my phone, it's on facebook/twitter where I have most of my association friends.
I messaged the one who sent me 20 today last night saying that the constant messaging was annoying, made me less likely to reply and I was busy but the 20 today show that made no difference.
And I'm not looking for anyone, and the messages aren't of that nature anyway. I don't enjoy small meaningless talk, and the one who sent 20 sends many that are irritating, try to wind me up or try to whine about others in the association. If I haven't replied it tends to be something insulting to get my attention like 'oi kipper' or something.
Zenarthra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not on my phone, it's on facebook/twitter where I have most of my association friends.
I messaged the one who sent me 20 today last night saying that the constant messaging was annoying, made me less likely to reply and I was busy but the 20 today show that made no difference.
And I'm not looking for anyone, and the messages aren't of that nature anyway. I don't enjoy small meaningless talk, and the one who sent 20 sends many that are irritating, try to wind me up or try to whine about others in the association. If I haven't replied it tends to be something insulting to get my attention like 'oi kipper' or something.
LOL, what did da kipper say when you told him it was annoying?
Bet he was like "Oh yeah she defoo wants me, send a few more texts tomorrow and Yano DATS ma date SORTED!!!"
Aight kipper, what are some of the texts that he sends?
You could learn things from talking to others though?
Anonymous #1
LOL, what did da kipper say when you told him it was annoying?
Bet he was like "Oh yeah she defoo wants me, send a few more texts tomorrow and Yano DATS ma date SORTED!!!"
Aight kipper, what are some of the texts that he sends?
You could learn things from talking to others though?
They said sorry, then carried on straight away. Didn't reply today at all.
Usually, random **** about UKIP, asking if he is annoying, saying everyone hates him (I would keep in mind he insults everyone and winds them up too), and at one point he kept hassling me for a 'witness statement' for an altercation that happened between him and one of my good friends even though I told him I wanted nothing to do with it.

By talking to others I'm guessing you mean my dislike for small talk? I mean that as in people who say nothing other 'hey how are you' and nothing else. Also I have enough useful people who help me tbh rather than annoying me :P
TheGreatImposter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's really annoying,

One guy tried to message me from two different numbers and tried emailing me, I mean can he not take the hint?

I eventually blocked them
Gouki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You must be fit.
Quick. Marry a rich man, then divorce him and get half his riches.

Note: You only have until 25 and after 35 you will be invisible to most men
Hogwartianwand14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fabulasmic)
I agree, I could never put myself through being ignored so many times, I would definitely take the hint!

Plus it makes me unreasonably irritable. One person I ignored quite a few times recently (our friendship drifted apart maybe about six years ago) and finally I thought I would be nice and say hi. He asked how I was, I said good thanks, he asked why that was. And I just thought "how dare you, get out" and didn't reply. I'm quite no nonsense, which is not always good haha.
I don't know why, but reading that made me laugh so hard :p:
Sam Walters
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is due to a creation of an emotional spike. This may have been created due to a number of things. Your personality. Your appearance. The way you acted. Yada yada.

Its human nature to chase what spikes our emotions positively. Think about abusive relationships that go on for ages. Love is followed by abuse, physical or emotional then the cycle repeats. This results in a craving on the victim for the love that is shown.

Ultimately id be looking at myself if it was I in your position.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
need pics of op
Zenarthra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by noshahmad)
That's really annoying,

One guy tried to message me from two different numbers and tried emailing me, I mean can he not take the hint?

I eventually blocked them
BADMAN alert.
TheGreatImposter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BADMAN alert.
LOOL, not even :cool:
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know, I usually get the hint when people don't wanna talk to me. It's frustrating & does hurt but you just gotta move on to people that actually want to interact with you. These people just find it hard to accept I guess :dontknow:
Zenarthra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They said sorry, then carried on straight away. Didn't reply today at all.
Usually, random **** about UKIP, asking if he is annoying, saying everyone hates him (I would keep in mind he insults everyone and winds them up too), and at one point he kept hassling me for a 'witness statement' for an altercation that happened between him and one of my good friends even though I told him I wanted nothing to do with it.

By talking to others I'm guessing you mean my dislike for small talk? I mean that as in people who say nothing other 'hey how are you' and nothing else. Also I have enough useful people who help me tbh rather than annoying me :P
The simplest conclusion i could give you is to go out of your comfort zone, confront them tell them to stop messaging you its really annoying.
BUT, on the other hand find out why he thinks UKIP is annoying, what is his views on UKIP?
Ask him why he thinks people hate him?
That was you can learn more about this type of person.

Wagwarn, handled that lika boss :cool:
Zenarthra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gouki)
You must be fit.
Quick. Marry a rich man, then divorce him and get half his riches.

Note: You only have until 25 and after 35 you will be invisible to most men
Think rich men are that dumb. LOL
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by noshahmad)
LOOL, not even :cool:

OOoooooohhh check dem shades out, wanna see ma teeth girl?
Gouki
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm just giving OP some career advice as clearly she must be an attractive lady to garner this much attention
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Tell them to stop messaging you? :dontknow: lol Simplest and easiest way to get these people to stop messaging you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (16)
18.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (36)
42.35%
Nope, not that interesting (33)
38.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed