Reveal a secret about yourself Watch

JWH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by somemightsay888)
I have depression.
My parents and friends think I'm the happiest guy going.
I have no clue how to kick on from it.
ditto to be fair. Though for me people know I have had it just don't know how bad. I kind of make jokes out of myself for it as I find it's easier to deal with that way.

Oh also to add to this even though everyone thinks I am fun and friendly I dislike 95% of the people I meet and in fact just tolerate their existence......
gonnagetrejected
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonynous)
But yet you feel the need to bully others. I still remember what you said about me.. And if broken bones hurt more than the names we were called.
stop quoting me
Lularose83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not mentally/emotionally stable
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Taylor Swift is my homegirl...
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
I think I'm hideously ugly and I've had depression since my young teens over it. :dong:
Feraligatr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sometimes think I'm abnormal (like totally different from everyone else in every manner) and that I'm unwanted
clonedmemories
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was sexually assaulted just over a year ago.
miser
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think most people are unethical.
Firenze26
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's not a well-kept secret but I'm a hypocrite but not because of the more obvious evidenceof my hypocrisy but because while I do like to 'preach', as some may call it, about accepting who you are, being true to yourself and not caring about other's opinions, I do the opposite of what I say.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
realunited
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile
Kangie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have anxiety. Only my closest friend knows and everyone else thinks that I'm normal (or they see me laughing my head off at the silliest things) and my parents think that EVERYONE around my age is going through the same thing.
realunited
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have a laughing problem ...if I find something funny ..I cannot stop laughing no matter what .....people who don't know me think I'm retarded when that happens :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
6Jesus6Christ6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by businessisgreat)
I'm incredibly afraid of embarrassment and can never stop thinking about embarrassing myself, the way i walk/talk/look its so annoying but i get through day by day
The solution is to go out and purposefully embarrass yourself, for the purpose of feeling embarrassed. Then you'll find that feeling embarrassed isn't that bad, in fact, like everything in life, it's all in your head, and everyone else's life is in theirs.

Think of a time where you saw someone embarrass themselves. Was it the most important moment in your life?
6Jesus6Christ6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I think most people are unethical.
"Selfish ethics" is probably a more apt and less harmful description.
little_birdie
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i once stole a ring from a shop.
hdaindak
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by businessisgreat)
I'm incredibly afraid of embarrassment and can never stop thinking about embarrassing myself, the way i walk/talk/look its so annoying but i get through day by day
look up the spotlight effect
miser
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6)
"Selfish ethics" is probably a more apt and less harmful description.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, but I don't want to tip-toe around it or tie a bow on it - I think most people are unethical rather than that they follow a selfish ethic.
6Jesus6Christ6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, but I don't want to tip-toe around it or tie a bow on it - I think most people are unethical rather than that they follow a selfish ethic.
My bad. I meant to convey that everyone is selfish, that the concept of ethics doesn't exist in objective reality, therefore to put the label of "unethical" on what can be more aptly described as a truth of life (people are selfish, care only -mostly- about themselves) is to negatively distort one's perception.

However, we do live in subjective realities, so you can do as you like and I'd be inclined to agree with you on some level.
miser
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6)
My bad. I meant to convey that everyone is selfish, that the concept of ethics doesn't exist in objective reality, therefore to put the label of "unethical" on what can be more aptly described as a truth of life (people are selfish, care only -mostly- about themselves) is to negatively distort one's perception.

However, we do live in subjective realities, so you can do as you like and I'd be inclined to agree with you on some level.
I think that's a bit of a leap to make really. I agree that it's natural to be selfish, but I think selfishness is a trait whose extent varies according to the person. To the degree that selfishness affects a person's moral choices, I think we can talk about selfish ethics, but I don't think it makes a discussion of ethics redundant.
miser
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
[As in, on balance? :erm:
Yeah, or at least much less ethical than they tend to think they are.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads