The Student Room Group

Do you have a tattoo? Would you get one?

Scroll to see replies

No I hate tattoos.
Reply 41
Original post by Nerdy_Birdy96
Yes, I agree. People are very... arrogant in their opinions, shall we say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf you can use both to decribe em, but yh arrogant as well.
Original post by Simes
The quote was actually: "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." You will be criticised for that by people who know the original.

The expression 'most inexhaustible' is poor English. An inexhaustible thing is infinite, so there can be no 'most inexhaustible' thing. You will be criticised for that by people whose English is good.

When you get older, people will ask why you have a quote from a children's book as a tattoo. By the time you are in your late 20s, you will be sick of that. Once you are in your 40s, you will be utterly ashamed of it.

Sorry.

Wow... as well as clearly knowing the OP and their feelings, you can predict the future too? Amazing.
Original post by carlaraptor
Wow... as well as clearly knowing the OP and their feelings, you can predict the future too? Amazing.

Hmm I was thinking about what this person said to me and when I spoke to a friend about it, she said something that made think.
She said, "but a tattoo is for you not anyone else. So who cares if they criticise you?"
Just gave me a pause for thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nerdy_Birdy96
Would you guys mind telling me what you think of my design? It is a very very very rough design so it's not the final piece. I don't have a tattoo yet so I just wanted to make sure people thought it looked okay. It's a Harry Potter quote that both symbolises my love for the series and my love for all things literature. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1420734794.000885.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do yourself getting older wearing this on your skin for life? will it mean the same to you later on or is it a present emotional impulse :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have three small ones myself - one I regret having as its quite big for the place it's at but it was my first one. Hoping it have it removed or covered up with another design. Advice is to be sure before you have it done or as I have said to friends Virgin to tattooing - "think before you ink!" Because it's for life!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not actually allowed one but I'm hoping to get a small one in the shape of a heart on my wrist
I don't have a tattoo, but if I want to get an one, it would be a chinese dragon over my back. The option to that one would be latin words in latin letter on arms and in neck.
Reply 48
I don't have any tattoos nor would I get one in the future.Tattoos look incredibly beautiful on some people, but my low pain tolerance will make the application a terrible experience haha. Sometimes I feel that some people get tattoos for the sake of it and to show them off rather than actually having a symbolism behind it, which I think is the correct reason to have a tattoo. However, if something significant ever happens in my life, I'm sure it will be in my mind. I don't need ink to remember it again.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm not actually allowed one but I'm hoping to get a small one in the shape of a heart on my wrist

Sounds nice and tasteful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
I have the word 'Hope' on the side of my left wrist in white ink.

Got a lot more planned in the next couple of years :smile:
Original post by esjae
I have the word 'Hope' on the side of my left wrist in white ink.

Got a lot more planned in the next couple of years :smile:

I'm tempted to have white ink in some design :smile: thanks for reminding me about them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Quiet _One86
I'm tempted to have white ink in some design :smile: thanks for reminding me about them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay :smile: I love mine to bits, even though I forget its there some days haha
a heart at the back of my neck, probably with henna. =D
I have a couple of large tattoos, but they're in relatively hidden places e.g. ribs and back. Personally I think mine are really beautiful and artistic but I get they're not going to appeal to everyone. They don't particularly mean anything, I got them because I liked/wanted them and I'm very happy with how they look. I'm definitely not a 'chav' or a slag - I was privately educated and I'm currently single, have never slept around...
Original post by esjae
It's okay :smile: I love mine to bits, even though I forget its there some days haha

Wish I had mine in white ink or namely just one of them but I couldn't now - will think about a cool design. How are you? It's been a while?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Wish I had mine in white ink or namely just one of them but I couldn't now - will think about a cool design. How are you? It's been a while?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it has been a while, I've been alright, just come down with this virus thing that's going around, how about you?
I have a little one on my wrist that my granddad bought me for my 18th birthday! Hoping to get more! Specially one this year! :smile:
Sounds nice and tasteful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I actually saw a tattoo which was a heart made out of music symbols so since I played the piano it might work :smile:
Original post by NatalieMT
I have a couple of large tattoos, but they're in relatively hidden places e.g. ribs and back. Personally I think mine are really beautiful and artistic but I get they're not going to appeal to everyone. They don't particularly mean anything, I got them because I liked/wanted them and I'm very happy with how they look. I'm definitely not a 'chav' or a slag - I was privately educated and I'm currently single, have never slept around...

Ouch the ribs?

Quick Reply

Latest