I'm 5" 8' and my bf is 5" 3' haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lerjj)
Where even is this stat? The whole article is a mish-mash of random numbers that presumably no one cares about... elsewhere it states that only 63% even think taller men are more attractive. Implying of course that 10% of women find shorter men equally as attractive, but wouldn't date them?
Exactly, this could be a another good example to cite in the 'Why do so many people hate the DM?' thread, they take vague and dubious statistics (unless I'm missing something, they haven't included any details of the survey itself) and dress them up as facts and make a news story out of it, ridiculous.

And what even was the question they asked these women, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something along the lines 'Would you prefer a man to be over 6 ft' or 'What would your ideal height for a man be?' and then they've just twisted the results and made out that the results mean the majority of women wouldn't even go out with a man under 6ft which is of course absolute nonsense, I assume the words 'wouldn't stand a chance' were nowhere near the survey. There's a big difference between stating a preference and saying something would be a complete deal breaker.
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My boyfriend is 5'8" and I'm 5'7". It's great! I wouldn't like him any less if he was 6', but it makes cuddling perfect with us being a similar height.

Also, daily mail = garbage
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by missfats)
Sorry for short men?

No.

Feel sorry for 6+ gals

Posted from TSR Mobile
poor you lol
Helloworld_95
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Username unknown)
I'm 5" 8' and my bf is 5" 3' haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, a 5 foot difference in height, that's like you kneel down and he still has to stand on a stool (Hint: ' is for feet, " is for inches )
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i doubt 70% would not give a guy under 6 foot a chance, that don't sound right at all.

More likely 70% of girls would prefer if the guy was 6 foot and over.
Tiger Rag
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
someone who is 6ft tall is too tall for me.
Camerxn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Smh it's the daily mail
Super Troll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who gives a **** about what they think?

Considering these women are competing for 5% or less of men odds are they are going to have to man up.

Opps is that not progressive enough?

Most men would not prefer 5'11 + amazons, being as the average male height is 5'8-5'10 and?

Grow up.

EDIT: STONK MISC ITT, MANLETS WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?
lerjj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Seeing as they state the average female height is 5'4"... that implies that at the very least, the median girl requires her man to be 8 inches taller. As a minimum. (whichever end you take your 70% from it still includes all the 5'4" people, which is probably quite a lot).

Basically, this is the most dubious statistic I've seen in the last 39 1/2 months with 78.3% probability.
Zander01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most male sex icons are/were under 6ft...
noneofthemknew
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Greg Jackson)
70% of women say a man 'wouldn't stand a chance' if he was under 6 foot, feel so bad for manlets srs it's a death sentence

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...eth-Green.html

feel so bad for manlets
Given that these types of "surveys" and the ensuing "news reports" on them almost always turn out to be PR fluff pushed by a company with a special interest in the subject at hand, I was wholly unsurprised to find that this one was conducted by a clothing chain that caters to larger than average men.
Mankytoes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Greg Jackson)
70% of women say a man 'wouldn't stand a chance' if he was under 6 foot, feel so bad for manlets srs it's a death sentence

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...eth-Green.html

feel so bad for manlets
That headline totally misrepresents the data given, which is why you shouldn't accept stories from trashy tabloids. If you actually read the article-

"71 per cent of females still say the ideal height for a male partner is between 6ft and 6ft 6ins, according to a new poll."

So they didn't say short men "don't stand a chance" at all, just that their ideal preference is 6 to 6 and a half foot. If you read further- "Of these women, 71 per cent want their man between 6ft and 6ft 6ins, 26 per cent between 5ft 7ins to 5ft 11ins, and three per cent between 6ft 6ins and 6ft 11ins." That adds up to 100%, suggesting women weren't given the option of "don't care". So these women may find height irrelevant anyway.

And perhaps most importantly, always look at the source- "according to the study of 1,400 British women by men's big and tall brand High And Mighty." Totally neutral then.

You know what really gets girls wet? Good critical thinking skills.
hellodave5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They should go to a country like Spain then where the average is... small. I feel tall at 5'10.
anonwinner
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Damn. Would hate to be < 6 feet lmao.
scavi2008
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Absolute nonsense, girls really don't care about height as much as it's made out!!
lightningdoritos
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In other news, 100% of Daily Mail articles are made up rubbish.
Mankytoes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lightningdoritos)
Gypsies are eating our pets!
Simes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mankytoes)
Gypsies are eating our pets!
We knew that anyway. But:
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tbh many girls would not really turn down guys between 5'10 and 6ft IMO. Shorter girls would likely be even less picky with height.

Like I'm 5'11, about average for a guy, and I see shorter mates do perfectly fine with the ladies.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise