Girls, if your boyfriend beata you, will you stay with him? Watch

Poll: If your boyfriend beats you, will you stay with him?
Yes (1)
3.23%
No (27)
87.1%
Depends (3)
9.68%
Musie Suzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No. If a partner ever hit me once, that would be it, no matter how grovelly he was afterwards.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bittr n swt)
Yeah but you've never been physically abused before by a bf from what to you said. Don't admit defeat before it's even started.

Victims can die from abuse.
I'm just imagining how i'd react based on my behaviour from other incidents of much milder 'abuse'.
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Years in the past come on dude
If they're good for the job I'll employ them. I won't care about morals when I'm running a business
There is more to being an asset to your company than simply being an effective worker.

Not causing annoyance or distress for other workers, not harming the public perception of the company and not pissing off the boss are all examples of this and domestic abusers tick all three of those boxes.
amberskye
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Many girls stay in abusive relationships, some by force, some voluntarily.

I'm here to understand why a girl would want to stay with a man who physically beats them regularly. I don't think having good moments is a good excuse.
Having kids, financially depending on them also isn't a good enough reason.
If you're scared then the police can help

Guys can answer too if it were your partner
You can't make it as black or white as that. In some abusive relationships the abusive partner uses tactics such as threatening suicide if the victim tried to leave, to force them to stay. Or, if they did have children, they might use them as a weapon of persuasion, i.e. "if you leave you'll never see your kids again" etc. Financially depending on someone is a pretty good reason: the victim might see the abusive relationship as preferable over living alone with financial insecurity. Abusive relationships can cause the victim to make desperate decisions that may seen irrational to people outside of that situation.
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Many girls stay in abusive relationships, some by force, some voluntarily.

I'm here to understand why a girl would want to stay with a man who physically beats them regularly. I don't think having good moments is a good excuse.
Having kids, financially depending on them also isn't a good enough reason.
If you're scared then the police can help

Guys can answer too if it were your partner
I'm not female, and I've never been in an abusive relationship, but from experience I'd say most women in abusive relationships who appear to be staying voluntarily aren't. Emotional abuse has a significant effect on the victim, whereby they're mentally beaten to the point that they're reduced to thinking they'd be worse of without the abuser. Couple that with fear of what will happen if they leave and they trick themselves into thinking the 'relationship' is good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
32.65%
No - I got the required grades (27)
55.1%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (6)
12.24%

Watched Threads