Literacy & numeracy assessment? Watch

Lila A
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys,
I have my literacy and numeracy assessments this friday at City university. What are the pass marks for both tests? Also, what is the essay writing based on? What do I expect in numeracy?
Calisia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No replies for you on this, but I'm having mine in 2 weeks time, it would be great if you can update this, how many questions in maths for how long and are they multiple answer based? Can you use a calculator? What essay question came up on literacy? Thanks!!!
Lila A
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry calisa, I don't understand your txt
Calisia
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was just wondering if you have taken the maths and literacy test, can you let me know how the tests went. I am having the test in 2 weeks time, so wanted to know how many questions are in the maths test and are they multiple choice answers? And in the literacy test, what essay question came up? Thanks
Lila A
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh ok.
Iloveladygagaxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Calisia)
No replies for you on this, but I'm having mine in 2 weeks time, it would be great if you can update this, how many questions in maths for how long and are they multiple answer based? Can you use a calculator? What essay question came up on literacy? Thanks!!!
The maths are multiple choice questions and you can use a calculator

The essay question in the literacy paper is about nursing and your passion for the course, it varies depending on whether you want to be an adult/child or mental health nurse.
Lila A
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for your tips dear. I guess I will be ok then.
Iloveladygagaxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lila A)
Thanks for your tips dear. I guess I will be ok then.
Honestly the tests aren't anything to worry about, they were the easiest ones I sat when I applied

Good luck!
Lila A
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
👍👍👍👍
Lila A
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tnx
KingK16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guysss how did your assessments and the interview go? Mine is coming up in a few weeks. Since I'm applying through extras i feel like I'm not gonna get through the first stage. Mind to share your experience about the interview, pleaseeeeee thankss
Iloveladygagaxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KingK16)
Guysss how did your assessments and the interview go? Mine is coming up in a few weeks. Since I'm applying through extras i feel like I'm not gonna get through the first stage. Mind to share your experience about the interview, pleaseeeeee thankss
The assessments are very straight forward - There's a Maths test consisting of basic addition, subtraction, division, measurements ect. The English test consists of two sections and an essay. Then depending on the kind of nursing you want to do, there's some short scenario based questions to answer.

The Maths and English were by far the easiest I sat (nearly in my 3rd year now, if I can do it anyone can, I'm terrible at maths!)

The interview itself is very relaxed - again, depending on the branch of nursing/level depends whether you do an individual or group interview. The questions are really relaxed and the interviewers are lovely - they want you to do well!

Good luck
Ale90
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by babyshawte)
Hi Guys,

City didn't work out. I was 3 marks off maths and 2 marks off English.

I'm going to firm middlesex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi dear, My name is alessandra and i have been invited to a maths and literacy test for midwifery course at MDX. I wanted to ask a suggestion for the essay as english is not my first language and I am really anxious about it. Would be much appreciated x
Rachmaths
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by User1731925)
Awh thanks for replying. Thing is iv already had my assessment and it was fir child nursing so i had a numeracy and literacy test but it was multiple choice so it wasn't too scary, now just waiting on results
How many did u have to get right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• City, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Feb '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Are you chained to your phone?