Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 6'5 a turn off for girls or a turn on? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It isn’t a turn off but I am bordeline dwarf 5ft3 so 6ft is usually my cut off height. But depending on a guys qualities and personality that could go out the window.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm 5ft 5.5 and I won't wear heels (when needed because although I can walk in them, I hate them) smaller than 4in, so I need a guy who is 6ft or taller.

(The boy I took to my formal is only an inch taller than me. My male friends couldn't stop laughing at me in my heels, taller.)

Also, hugs from tall guys are great.

ReputationRep:
    I love threads like this.

I get cheap kicks from someone sat at home questioning whether their height alone can get a girl squirming.
    It's unlikely any woman (unless she possesses a fetish for height), would be turned on or off, simply because a man is 6'5.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's a turn off or a turn on- as long as someone is taller than me (5'5) then I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    I have a friend who is probably between 6' - 6'5. Now I'm small and we once went out for a few months. He is loud, his mannerisms are overbearing and he makes you feel slightly intimidated even though under it all he is a good guy. It totally turned me off for obvious reasons in fact occasionally I felt like is it not enough that you're ginormous? You could work at making me feel a little less intimated.

Now if he was the same height but with an entirely different personality so less overbearing and maybe a little self conscious and self aware and maybe even quiet then I'd want to mount that personality daily. I appreciate I'm making an assumption not every shy person is necessarily considerate but I think it's just the fact that they're more contained I like the idea of bringing him out of himself. Mmm hot.
    Ahhh that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate at uni was 6ft 5 and he had swag with it.

I remember being out with him, a girl comes up to him

"Wow, your tall haha"
    - Oh I know little lady
    "How tall are you haha?"
    - 6ft 5
    "Wow thats crazy! haha. Is everything 'in proportion' then " *looks down at his crotch*
    - If it was in proportion, I'd be 7 ft 5

ReputationRep:
    At 5ft 10 I find anything under 6ft unappealing so 6ft 5 is fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mully99)
    I'm pretty shy when it comes to flirting with girls because I feel as I am intimidating them with me being 6'5 and 95kg. Do you girls think its a turn off or not and have you got any tips for flirting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm about the same size as you (6'4.5", 93kg), and I've had a girlfriend for over a year and a half pretty happily. She's tall (5'11"), but loads of girls (of all different shapes and sizes) tell me I'm attractive, try flirting with me, and talk to me about important emotional stuff.
    Just be confident and happy, and good things will come your way! If a girl's so superficial she can't get past your size, she's not for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frodokins)
    When will guys realise the taller the better! You're blessed to be that tall as long as you're not lanky - you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I actually love tall and lanky.

But yeah, 6'5" is a good height... I can't see many girls complaining. A lot of my male friends are around that height and I like that they can make me feel small! (I'm 6ft, it doesn't happen often... apart from when I'm with my brothers, who are 6'6" and 6'7" :awesome:)

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely doubt it's a turn off for the majority of girls. However, bear in mind that kissing when there is a foot between your faces (I'm 5'4, my ex was 6'4) is more complicated than it sounds (backache anyone?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeMoiLove)
    Looool you're a hypocrite - you're sad that people judge you based on your height but you are on here doing just the same, you can now see where people are coming from, no?
    I'm not sad about anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeMoiLove)
    You asked and she answered. You're clearly wayyyy too sensitive.

Care to elaborate?
    I'm not sensitive. Do you love to just hate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty shy when it comes to flirting with girls because I feel as I am intimidating them with me being 6'5 and 95kg. Do you girls think its a turn off or not and have you got any tips for flirting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I'm in heels it's fine. I mean height doesn't matter, just don't be head to head with me or shorter. I am average height but I have been called short here and there. So I do like a man where my head reaches his shoulder. Barefoot or heels. Anything else I feel awkward.

But I know if I really am feeling a guy, I'll take that I-look-like-your-daughter-when-we-stand-next-to-each-other look.

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen a girl that finds 6ft5 a turn off, unless they are a complete smurf. I'm 6ft3. I wish I was your height lol.

ReputationRep:
    It has nothing to do with height. Here is what you need to attract women: good looks (must be at least 8 out if 10), lots and lots of muscle and plenty of money. Then you're good to go. I heard they don't go for guys below 5'10".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah, but you just went off at her for taking the time to answer your question. If you didn't want honest answers you should ask any questions!

I'm not sensitive. Do you love to just hate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I refer you to Peter Crouch's reported observation, although he is 6 foot 7. Something along the lines of 'what would you be if you weren't a footballer? A virgin'.
    Tbf he seems like the sort of nice bloke who'd have done just fine if he was an unemployed Quasimodo lookalike.

(Original post by zantebabesx)
    Not for me cos i like dwarfs
    I like you.

Not a dwarf though

ReputationRep:
    Tall guys :blush:
    I have a real thing for guys who are about 6ft+ even though I'm only 5'1. I don't care if it looks silly to other people, there is just something so appealing about guys of that height.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    That's not too tall. Maybe you should aim for the NBA. :idea: I think girls would find that hot but don't let shyness criple your romantic life - its so freaky when men break out in cold sweat over talking to a girl properly. I do wonder when I get faced with such scenarios if their ***ls flew south for the winter with their romantic ideas. :rofl:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.