(Original post by Mackx)
    Awesome job!
    Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast:
    Banana (105 kcals)
    Protein smoothie (142 kcals)

Lunch:
    Salmon with beetroot, cottage cheese and some turkey (weird, I know) (312 kcals)

Dinner:
    Peanut butter on crackers (253 kcals)

Total kcals: 812

Exercises:
    Stiff-legged deadlift (3x8)
    Kneeling one-arm row (3x8)

Lazy Sunday, basically!

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast:
    Honey and Almond porridge (195 kcals)

Lunch:
    Pulled pork and bean soup (130 kcals)
    Two slices of turkey (44 kcals)

Dinner:
    Sweet potato with cottage cheese and beetroot (340 kcals)
    Total kcals: 814
    Total water: 1.7L

Exercises:
    Upright row (3x10)
    Seated shoulder press (3x10)
    Front raises (2x10) Ouch.
    Bicep curls (3x10)
    Tricep kickbacks (3x10)

Can't increase the weight without doubling it so increasing reps instead for now.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast:
    Honey and Almond porridge (195 kcals)

Lunch:
    Pulled pork and bean soup with roast turkey (174 kcals)

Dinner:
    Roast turkey and peanut butter crackers (385 kcals)

Total kcals: 754
    Total water: 1.4L

Exercises:
    Squats (4x10)
    Lunges (4x10)
    Side lunges (4x10)
    Toe raises (4x10)

Had the absolute worst​ day at work today. I've never wanted a chinese, curry, kebab, mcdonalds AND pizza so badly. It's hard to not eat my feelings but gotta learn some day!

ReputationRep:
    Really interesting day today food-wise, it's amazing how quickly your body can adapt to a new diet. Will explain more below!

Breakfast:
    Honey & Almond porridge (195 kcals)

Lunch:
    It was a working lunch so we had a selection of sandwiches (all mayo-y or cheesey ) and some sweet stuff, of which I had half a muffin and some orange juice (Idek how many kcals)

Dinner:
    Banana (105 kcals)

So, I've not really eaten any added sugar since I started three weeks ago, completely unwittingly, just avoided them. Then I had half a muffin and some orange juice and oh my god I thought I was going to die! I was SO light-headed and nauseous it was awful. Makes me cringe when I think about how much sugar I used to eat! Anyway I just had the banana in the evening because I basically still feel like ****!

Exercises:
    Chest press (4x10)
    Crunches (4x10)
    Leg raises (4x10)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not A Prick)

Dinner:

Banana (105 kcals)

So, I've not really eaten any added sugar since I started three weeks ago, completely unwittingly, just avoided them. Then I had half a muffin and some orange juice and oh my god I thought I was going to die! I was SO light-headed and nauseous it was awful. Makes me cringe when I think about how much sugar I used to eat! Anyway I just had the banana in the evening because I basically still feel like ****!
    I find whenever I have a sudden influx of simple sugars after or during a period of lowish carbs, it seems to induce sleep within 30mins or so. Guess it affects us in different ways.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    On an empty stomach and especially if you're low carb dieting the carbs are rapidly absorbed into your blood system and are metabolised into melatonin (along with a small bit of protein) and this is the sleep hormone hence you feel damn sleepy

It's also why you're knackered after Xmas dinner as turkey has a high amount of tryptophan which is the amino acid that is made into melatonin

ReputationRep:
    The last 7 days have been an absolute disaster. I was out for a special occasion from Thursday last week until Saturday and I've not yet managed to get back in the swing of it Needing some serious motivation right now.

I've been being good at work, porridge for breakfast and soup for lunch as usual, but when it comes to the evenings things have just gone to pot. I've been having takeout or some other **** most nights this week

HELP! I am scared to weigh myself!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Has your diet improved over the last week or so?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.