Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the colour of success? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Schwarz, Rot und Gold!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    Who's first thought was gold?
    My exact thought. But then I thought twice, because gold could also be associated with wealth and.. I don't know, not stuff I would necessarily put in the same sentence with success.
    Maybe white, because of the purity of it perhaps. Maybe even green, because I associate it with hope, variety and happiness.

ReputationRep:
    If we're going versatile I'd say potato. Although it's not a fruit which is a shame, but in other languages a potato is known as an apple-of-the-earth (Aardappel - Dutch, Pomme de terre - French) so it counts somewhat?

But potatoes though, gosh. Chips, wedges, jacket potato, mashed potato, potato dumplings, roast potato, french fries, crisps, vodka, croquettes, hash browns, potato cakes, potato waffles, cottage pie.. I mean this is barely scratching the surface of potato potential.

I don't know man I'm getting emotional about potatoes now.
    :yy:

This literally enlightened me.
    Thank you so much, you've made my whole weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    My exact thought. But then I thought twice, because gold could also be associated with wealth and.. I don't know, not stuff I would necessarily put in the same sentence with success.
    Maybe white, because of the purity of it perhaps. Maybe even green, because I associate it with hope, variety and happiness.
    I thought gold more as in gold medal, the winner. That surely is success!

Green seems like a good colour, it's used a lot for confirmation and acceptance [[Green and gold is a really nice colour combination too, how about that?]]

ReputationRep:
    I thought gold more as in gold medal, the winner. That surely is success!

Green seems like a good colour, it's used a lot for confirmation and acceptance [[Green and gold is a really nice colour combination too, how about that?]]
    Green and gold are quite a good match actually. I'm happy with that !
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Got to be gold

ReputationRep:
    A minty brown- the colour of a good old fashion poo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sanguine, my brother.

ReputationRep:
    Prussian Blue

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I’m currently a medical student. I had many interviews in the last 2 years and last year I have been successful after many failed attempts.

I have some books for sale that really helped me so message me if you are interested.

• Dawn Sellars - MMI Multiple Mini Interviews for medical school
    • Secrets of success - Getting into medical school The Royal Society of medicine Press
    • The Gold Standard - Medical School Interview. DVD Questions, Tips & Answers
    • A career in medicine: Do you have what it takes? The royal Society of medicine
    • How to become one of tomorrow's Doctors. A student's Guide to applying for medical school

Many thanks
    Maria

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.