Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I should be going to the March one so hopefully I'll see you there. I always thought that working with big cats is an interesting career. I know that the two careers I'm interested in is an Animal Welfare Officer and a Dog handler but I do like the thought of working with exotic animals. Do you have your accommodation deposit saved up?

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely if im going would be great to see you! Yeah for me i think either working with exotic animals or with dogs would be amazing. Im not actually sure, how much is it haha?

ReputationRep:
    Those are my main ideal jobs. I know that for accommodation you have to book it on the 2nd of February, so on the Monday. I think you don't have to pay the deposit until 2 weeks after but the deposit varies depending on which accommodation you book. I know that the deposit for Liberty Atlantic Point is £200. It should tell you on the accommodation website. I saved up some money from my part time jobs so I have it all ready to pay out

ReputationRep:
    You have to book the accommodation in February? I dont think i'll be able to, i havent gotten all my offers yet so i cant make LJMU my firm choice, and i think you have to make the uni a firm choice before you can actually book accommodation etc, but yeah i've a part time job so it should be grand 😊

ReputationRep:
    The accommodation booking opens on the 2nd of February but to guarantee a place they recommend that you book it as soon as possible so you can book as soon as you can. If the places go I think you can sign up so that they alert you if a place becomes available. I didn't want to wait for one more offer to get back to me so I withdrew my application for that place and made LJMU my firm choice

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats a good idea actually! My other two choices were back ups anyway. And I think for both you have to go for an interview and i hate all that caper haha. I'll have to look into doing that!

ReputationRep:
    I was just waiting for one to get back to me. I didn't want to wait because the accommodation booking was this Monday and I had no idea when they would reply so I just withdrew my application with them and chose my firm ad insurance choice. You only really need two universities so the others don't really matter. I specifically chose the universities that I liked but that didn't have an interview requirement

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my 5 choices are the 3 from LJMU, one in Edinburgh and one in the University of Liverpool. God this Monday? So soon, i never realised!haha

ReputationRep:
    I had 4 offers back for the University of Lincoln, Manchester Metropolitan University, Liverpool John Moores University and the University of Chester. I already had all the offers I needed/wanted so I just withdrew the one I was waiting for and picked my two choices. I've had the event in my calendar for ages to ensure I get a place. I don't have another £50 for another accommodation and this was my best choice. I already checked the accommodation out and I think that Liberty Atlantic Point is the best choice

ReputationRep:
    University on Lincoln, wheres that?haha yeah i looked at the Liberty Atlantic Point there on their website and it looks really nice. If i decide to go I'll definitely pick there.

ReputationRep:
    Its in Lincoln its further right of England than Manchester. I thought that Liberty Atlantic Point was the best but I know that there's quite a bit of competition for places there. There was so many people checking out the accommodation who said they're going to apply for it

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? I really need to figure out what im going to do. Get everything sorted. Still dont know if i want to go to uni or stay at home. I hate decisions like this haha

ReputationRep:
    I was unsure too. At the start of college I was adamant that I was going to go straight into work after college and not university. The more I look at university the more I want to go. At first I wasn't sure if I was going stay at home and to go to MMU and get the train to university everyday but I thought its not worth it for the traveling costs and I'd miss out on such a big part of the university life. Once I went to the open day it changed my mind XD now I'm going to LJMU and staying in accommodation there. It's all down to your preferences really, if you need time to figure things out you can always defer your entry for a year whilst you figure everything out

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i wasnt even going to apply but i just went for it and was honestly shocked that i got any offers. I had originally planned to go to Greenmount which is a Veterinary nursing campus, but now i have no idea what to do haha your lucky your quite close though, or is it? Haha

ReputationRep:
    My tutor made out that applying for university is so hard and competitive that barely anyone gets in, so I was panicking like mad as to whether I'd get in or not. Almost everyone on my animal care & management course applied to do veterinary medicine, its so popular and that course is very competitive. I'm about 45 minutes away from Liverpool on a good traffic day. It mainly takes longer than that because the traffic is pretty bad in the centre and the streets are so complicated to navigate XD haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh im doing Animal Managment at College. Well in my class there were 18 but theres now 9, so many people dropped out haha. Awk well thats not to bad, better than a 45 min flight anyway haha i couldnt imagine trying to get round Liverpool in my own, like i get lost in Belfast lol

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of people at my college studying animal management at different levels and years. In my class there was 22 in year one and by the end of it there was 12-9 on a good day XD Mine was the same, loads of people dropped out. I made 2 friends at the start of the year and in the first month they dropped out and it was awkward to make friends because everyone had already split into their own friend groups. I have to get the train on my own in March for the applicant day and I've never got a train before so I have to navigate to the train station and figure out how you buy a ticket XD haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats the exact same with me. I had 2 like main friends and they both dropped out at the beginning of the second year and left me but because our class is so small now there is two friend groups, the ones that are in my group we're all pretty close which us good. Oh i hate trains, couple of years ago i had to get a train by myself. I had no idea what to do, or what platform to stand at, its all very confusing. Im more of a bus person until i can drive haha

ReputationRep:
    I had two main friends who dropped out then I made another 2 friends and one dropped out so I only have one main friend now XD haha. I'm not looking forward to the train situation, busses weren't very good to me. I got on a bus for the first time ad the driver yelled at me for handing him a £5 note and another time I got shouted at for not having an igo pass XD busses aren't my friend

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that happens to me too, like they shouted at me because i gave a £10 and made me go to the shop ti get change, so annoying. The only solution is to drive haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.