Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hither once said Jesus is the son of a Jewish whore and aimed to make nazi Germany an atheist state eventually. Stalin never believed in God and supressed the orthodox church .

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    So just because some people stone others do you think all Muslims condone it?, what ignorance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    The UK is not a Protestant state. It's an Anglican state.

The British also didn't invent freedom of speech, at least in the modern sense of the phrase.
    Have you not read the English Bill of Rights? Or that the Presbyterian Church of Scotland was offered establishment within the British state but refused because of couldn't accept William of Orange as their Monarch.

Also Anglicans are Protestant and the Monarch's role is defender of the Protestant faith. So Britain is a Protestant state where the Anglican Church is established.

I never said Britain inventing freedom of speech, I am saying it created it over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    So just because some people stone others do you think all Muslims condone it?, what ignorance!
    did i say all muslims condone it? i think it's your ignorance and poor reading skills. the other chap said to me that i am a racist and ignorant, and we were talking about attitudes etc ... and i said get back to me when your muslim countries advance to the 21st century basically (because they are not). What's wrong with that?

As a muslim you can't really point the finger because the middle eastern countries are so backwards.

ReputationRep:
    I remember after the 9/11 attacks, there were big groups of muslims in my town celebrating and claiming that they deserved it.

Even though they say these muslims who carry out these attacks are the minority, there are a lot of muslims who actually support them. That's the real problem.

Also muslims don't really integrate, they tend to all hang around with other muslims, and that's not because they wouldn't be accepted, it's because they try to force their ideologies on other people who want nothing to do with Islam, so they stick to other people who can't see past the horrible religion that Islam is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    I remember after the 9/11 attacks, there were big groups of muslims in my town celebrating and claiming that they deserved it.

Even though they say these muslims who carry out these attacks are the minority, there are a lot of muslims who actually support them. That's the real problem.

Also muslims don't really integrate, they tend to all hang around with other muslims, and that's not because they wouldn't be accepted, it's because they try to force their ideologies on other people who want nothing to do with Islam, so they stick to other people who can't see past the horrible religion that Islam is.
    Exactly. This is what they don't want to accept. It hurts them to think about this. They keep labelling them extremists as though it's a lone Anders Breivik causing havoc once in a blue moon. They have many many millions, perhaps into the hundreds who support these acts because their ultimate goal is to have Sharia Law imposed on the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    did i say all muslims condone it? i think it's your ignorance and poor reading skills. the other chap said to me that i am a racist and ignorant, and we were talking about attitudes etc ... and i said get back to me when your muslim countries advance to the 21st century basically (because they are not). What's wrong with that?

As a muslim you can't really point the finger because the middle eastern countries are so backwards.
    You are very right, Muslims are generally backward than other communities at this time. This is due to few obvious and clear reasons:

1. They deviated a lot from the real Islam and in many aspects; they twisted the real theme of the religion for their own physical and sensual interests. They took something of Islam and, rejected something (in their actions) which made them neither genuine Muslims, nor genuine non-Muslims when Islam clearly directed that it is not a religion for worship only but a complete lifestyle for practical practices.

2. They, specially, the leaders are generally, greedy and selfish in nature and not at all sacrificing minded for the fellow Muslims. Look at the Middle East history and the present events, you would see the reality. Islam never suggested anyone to migrate to other places unless someone is at risk of life or it is a religious issue. But the Muslims, as you have mentioned are going to the western countries for their own better lives and pleasure which is not an Islamic norm.

3. Over stressing on the minor issues of the religion (like veiling the faces of the adult women) and ignoring the major ones (like education and women rights) put them behind the contemporary development of the world and portrayed a defaced picture of Islam in the world.

However, I am to remind that Islam is not a ‘terrorist’, ‘inhumane’ or ‘backward’ religion. It is a very practical religion that focuses on the ‘works’ with precise accountability not only to the existing laws (may be Islamic or non Islamic) but also to self and God. But it is the so called Muslim leaders who made a different face of this noble religion. If we read the Quran, we would see, what real Islam said and what the so called Muslims are doing now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But it doesn't mean they all share the same backward views. You are racist and ignorant, the way you are blaming all Muslims

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with the religion itself or the Quran. There are different cultures that are unfortunately twisting the real meaning. Islam is a religion of peace and humanity. And as for terrorism, the majority of Muslims do not agree with this view, they are fake Muslims and are using religion as a shield of their own messed up uneducated minds. Please open your eyes and stop being so ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_0)
    But it doesn't mean they all share the same backward views. You are racist and ignorant, the way you are blaming all Muslims

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't blame the individual. I blame the Islamic culture and way of life which I believe is filtered with mass corruption. Just like the other guy said there are so many Muslims who support these extremists acts. Let's not forget that. A lot of Muslims try to brush that under the carpet. Of course there are many good muslims too, but the 'terrorists' and supporters are not 1 in a million like Muslims try to pretend. You go to any community in England like Luton or Bradford ... you will find tons of corrupt Muslims - and their corruption stems from their relationship with their faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_0)
    There's nothing wrong with the religion itself or the Quran. There are different cultures that are unfortunately twisting the real meaning. Islam is a religion of peace and humanity. And as for terrorism, the majority of Muslims do not agree with this view, they are fake Muslims and are using religion as a shield of their own messed up uneducated minds. Please open your eyes and stop being so ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tell that to all the other millions of 'ignorant' Europeans who have the same viewpoint as me.

Edit: Not just Europeans actually, all around the world.

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame the individual. I blame the Islamic culture and way of life which I believe is filtered with mass corruption. Just like the other guy said there are so many Muslims who support these extremists acts. Let's not forget that. A lot of Muslims try to brush that under the carpet. Of course there are many good muslims too, but the 'terrorists' and supporters are not 1 in a million like Muslims try to pretend. You go to any community in England like Luton or Bradford ... you will find tons of corrupt Muslims - and their corruption stems from their relationship with their faith.
    Do u actually know any Muslims, like personally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sumyya)
    Do u actually know any Muslims, like personally?
    Yes I lived and went to school with them for a terrible 7 years or so.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I lived and went to school with them for a terrible 7 years or so.
    okay. and did they follow terrorist idelogies?

ReputationRep:
    No you have not. Where are the protests? Where are the condemnations from the squeaky clean mosque leaders such as Mr. Finsbury Park?! aha

And tell me some Christian fundamentalists of today who commit crimes in the name of white people/christianity the degree to which it is becoming a serious global problem? NONE

Edit: You say you don't need to but this is now a global programme whereby people will hate more and more on Islam as a result of the actions of a section of people who represent a large number of people and therefore represent a serious problem in your community. So yes, you need to do something.
    Firstly, I'm not a Muslim - I'm an atheist. Secondly, see here, here, here, here and here for dozens of examples of Muslim condemnation of both ISIS and the Paris shooters.

Your logic is that all people who belong to group x should apologise for the actions of a few members of group x. So, whether group x is Christianity or Islam is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder how many threads there have been on Islmam in the past week alone

ReputationRep:
    First you said:

...decide as a force to come together and denounce these people and their acts on the streets in a similar manner to the way the people came out in Paris.
    And then later said:

...the way they camp together and segregate their communities and try to take over collectively, just felt completely wrong and I couldn't put my finger on why.
    Make your mind up please?!

Muslims like me are trying our best to show how we condemn the murder of innocents. But we need your help, not your hate. Stop labeling us as terrorists and work with us.

We're caught in the middle here; the terrorists call us infidels for condemning the attacks and people like you call us terrorists for something we didn't do. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sumyya)
    okay. and did they follow terrorist idelogies?
    what is your point? i don't know, secretly they might well have. Infact the more I think about it I was surrounded by Pakistani fundamentalists - so yes they will likely have terrorist ideologies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    First you said:

And then later said:

Make your mind up please?!

Muslims like me are trying our best to show how we condemn the murder of innocents. But we need your help, not your hate. Stop labeling us as terrorists and work with us.

We're caught in the middle here; the terrorists call us infidels for condemning the attacks and people like you call us terrorists for something we didn't do. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    your point being? there is no contradiction in those two statements. you are contradicting yourself by misinterpreting my comments.

edit: fair enough at least you have admitted it is an islamic problem. that's a start unlike the other muslism who deny it.

ReputationRep:
    well isn't this ironic, now one of your lot is coming out against you! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-minister.html

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.