Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just watched the first four episodes and I was really sceptical at first. Most spin offs I have seen have been really bad but I love Better Call Saul! I'm curious to see how Mike gets into it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amctv.com/shows/better-call-saul/video

You can watch it for free on the amctv website, if you use a VPN to change your IP Address from a British one to an American one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Episode three was great. So many cultural references (allusions to The Sopranos, Riley's etc.) and great to see Mike come out of the booth!

Kim seems a really interesting character. If there was one negative about Breaking Bad, it was the lack of strong and well-rounded female characters. Hopefully Kim becomes a major part of the plot.

Also, Jimmy's "here's Johnny!" line when ripping open the tent made me laugh much more than it should have.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Jimmy's advertising campaign against HHM was a lot of fun in episode four. I'm loving Kim more and more by each scene, too.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Bad was amazing, so I think I should give this show a go sometime Is Saul able to pull off the role of the main character well? I thought he was great in BB, not sure where he'd stand without Walter and Jesse though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by WeatherToFly)
    Breaking Bad was amazing, so I think I should give this show a go sometime Is Saul able to pull off the role of the main character well? I thought he was great in BB, not sure where he'd stand without Walter and Jesse though.
    He and Mike are great together.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great fifth episode. LOVED the sex toilet scene and dialogue exchange.

ReputationRep:
    The 1st, 2nd and 3rd episodes were alright, I'm gonna watch the 4th now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Bushido Brown)
    The 1st, 2nd and 3rd episodes were alright, I'm gonna watch the 4th now.
    The fourth is OK, but the fifth is amazing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Great fifth episode. LOVED the sex toilet scene and dialogue exchange.
    That was hilarious :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Episode six tonight. Hope to see more of the dynamic between Mike and Jimmy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    WHAT an episode that was.

ReputationRep:
    It was a little Mike-heavy for my liking but good to see his emotional side and how much of a badass he is!

ReputationRep:
    I have to try that lock opening trick with the string!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lentil)
    It was a little Mike-heavy for my liking but good to see his emotional side and how much of a badass he is!
    This was a brilliant short film-episode. Jonathan Banks hit this one out the park. His acting was up there with Bill Cranston in my opinion. He brings a lot of depth and grit to the show. Awesome episode. The final scene goes without saying, but I really liked the shootout too. It was realistically done rather than a movie-like shooting that was clean.

The writers in these series are incredibly talented. I have never seen such well written drama on television. This series is slowly shaping up to be something special too. So far, every episode has delivered more than I expected. Bob Odenkirk is a revelation too - he can really pull off the drama. I thought he'd be a one-trick pony (comedy) but he's filling the role beautifully.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Banks' performance was award-winning. It was so great to see those deeper layers and characteristics to Mike. He's such a crucial character to Breaking Bad, and it always felt like he had a hidden backstory. So glad that that's finally being explored. What an actor, what a character.

ReputationRep:
    Very disappointed with the latest episode. I get that they're trying to explore Mike's backstory, but the episode falls flat on its face and the writing fails miserably, on every single level. This is truly a bad episode. Horrible pacing, weak acting, stupid writing. I give it 2/10. I thought breaking bad was bad, but this show takes bad to whole new level that I haven't seen previously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Vondas)
    Very disappointed with the latest episode. I get that they're trying to explore Mike's backstory, but the episode falls flat on its face and the writing fails miserably, on every single level. This is truly a bad episode. Horrible pacing, weak acting, stupid writing. I give it 2/10. I thought breaking bad was bad, but this show takes bad to whole new level that I haven't seen previously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you taking the piss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vondas)
    I agree, this was one of my least favourite episodes so far.

ReputationRep:
    I loved learning more about Mike and thought it was a great episode! I think the show started off slowly and it's still finding it's footing but it is genuinely quite an interesting show. I think they mix comedy and drama quite well and Jimmy is amazing - I can't wait for him to fully transform into Saul. I would also love to see badger or even Jessie make a cameo but I think this is just wishful thinking....

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.