Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do guys think it's unfair? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misha_k)
    Yeah, not always. I suppose it depends upon ur environment as well. Suffice it to say I'm surrounded by quite a few hot girls.
    But do you have a better personality than them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    Why do the less attractive guys tend to hold a grudge?

for the same reason girls hold a grudge when they are rejected (they're actually much worse)

And it is personal. How can it not be personal? It's like saying you don't like their DNA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    Not to sound arrogant, but I know that my personality is ****ing kick ass :sexface:

However, from my experience, people tend to judge by looks first, personality after. And atm, need to work on the looks department and work out XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    If there's two guys interested in me, each have great personalities but one of them I'm more attracted to physically, of course I'll be more interested in him and choose to date him first. Why do the less attractive guys tend to hold a grudge? It's not like I tell them in a harsh way but rather that I'm interested in someone else right now.

Guys do the same thing with women. It's nothing personal but just the way it is.
    I guess because they lost the match and a better looking guy got it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    Can't see image.
    When do images get approved? D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I've literally never seen an approved one on my 1+ month on this site so just host it somewhere else if you want us to see.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I've literally never seen an approved one on my 1+ month on this site so just host it somewhere else if you want us to see.

The queue for images and stuff can be pretty manic. You'd be surprised how much is actually getting posted on here that isn't from users but advertisers etc, and besides it's only really in chat that users are meant to post images and get sidetracked. :ninja:

On topic with the thread, I know I'd be feeling pretty insecure if someone got picked over me, and when people feel insecure they get a bit grudgy and nasty, so wouldn't be surprised by guys doing it. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    i refer you to your own words. If there's two guys interested in me, each have great personalities but one of them I'm more attracted to physically, of course I'll be more interested in him and choose to date him first.

So even if she has a great personality but guys are more attracted to another girl with a similar personality of course they will choose to date them first. Nothing personal or anything its just the way the word works.

I have a lot of experience of this sort of thing as i like most of us get judged on my looks rather than personality first a lot of the time, human beings get upset but we don't start resenting people for rejecting us. resentment i.e holding a grudge, and being upset are two different emotions that you might want to learn to tell the difference between.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillybop)
    The queue for images and stuff can be pretty manic. You'd be surprised how much is actually getting posted on here that isn't from users but advertisers etc, and besides it's only really in chat that users are meant to post images and get sidetracked. :ninja:
    It doesn't surprise me that you get spammed, it surprises me that a forum with 1.5 million users asks its moderators to manually approve images in the year 2015.

https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=16464531

ReputationRep:
    Ones self-esteem shouldn't really be tied up in such trivialities

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.