Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BPTC Website DOWN?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPP Law School)
    HI typonaut,

You need to complete the Bar Standards Board Conditions of offer. Once you have met the condition of offer, there is a section of the application system that allows you to upload confirmation documents. Applicants do not need to confirm you have met these conditions to receive an offer; however, it is advisable that you do notify the system as soon as you have.

I hope this helps

Thanks
    Lucy
    Hi Lucy,

Thanks for posting and do you have any idea what type of evidence is acceptable for proving that you've joined an Inn? Would it necessarily have to be an acceptance letter, or would something like a scan of a membership card suffice in lieu of such a letter?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from BPP that they have received my application and that they are reviewing it (along with a couple of others). So it seems the system is working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typonaut)
    Just got an email from BPP that they have received my application and that they are reviewing it (along with a couple of others). So it seems the system is working.
    Was this via BarSAS or directly from BPP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLaw23)
    Was this via BarSAS or directly from BPP?
    It appears to be directly from BPP - their return address and from servers in their domain space.

ReputationRep:
    It appears to be directly from BPP - their return address and from servers in their domain space.
    Thanks. It does make me a bit worried that I haven't got anything from them yet though, as they were my 1st choice and both my refs seem to have been submitted...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. It does make me a bit worried that I haven't got anything from them yet though, as they were my 1st choice and both my refs seem to have been submitted...
    They are probably working in reverse alphabetical order, that would make Typonaut before LadyLaw23

ReputationRep:
    They are probably working in reverse alphabetical order, that would make Typonaut before LadyLaw23
    lol

Though you're actually probably right about it being alphabetical/by BarSAS app no...
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Lucy,

Thanks for posting and do you have any idea what type of evidence is acceptable for proving that you've joined an Inn? Would it necessarily have to be an acceptance letter, or would something like a scan of a membership card suffice in lieu of such a letter?

Thanks
    Hi LadyLaw23,

If you do not have a confirmation letter, you are able to upload the membership card. You will need to bring this proof in to the School when you officially register on the programme.

I hope this helps
    Lucy

ReputationRep:
    Hi LadyLaw23,

If you do not have a confirmation letter, you are able to upload the membership card. You will need to bring this proof in to the School when you officially register on the programme.

I hope this helps
    Lucy
    It does indeed, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The whole system appears to be working. This afternoon I received an invitation to go to a UoL BPTC selection event.

ReputationRep:
    The whole system appears to be working. This afternoon I received an invitation to go to a UoL BPTC selection event.
    Is it a shortlist type selection event or for everyone who applied? I haven't had any e-mails from any of the providers yet... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Is it a shortlist type selection event or for everyone who applied? I haven't had any e-mails from any of the providers yet... :confused:
    Um, don't really know. UoL says it is going to be more selective about the students it takes on for its BPTC (picking up the ball that Kaplan dropped), so everyone who eventually gets on the course first has to go through the selection event.

I don't know if they will reject people without giving them the opportunity to go to the selection event. I seem to recall hearing that they wouldn't be taking anyone on who didn't have a first or 2:1..

I expect they are doing it alphabetically - my real name is Aaron Aardvark.

ReputationRep:

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can tell me whether my references have actually been submitted. It looks like but the exclamation marks make me think otherwise. What does the 'not checked' mean? And BSB 'required' status

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuugi)

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can tell me whether my references have actually been submitted. It looks like but the exclamation marks make me think otherwise. What does the 'not checked' mean? And BSB 'required' status

Thanks in advance!
    No idea but mine looks exactly the same.

Um, don't really know. UoL says it is going to be more selective about the students it takes on for its BPTC (picking up the ball that Kaplan dropped), so everyone who eventually gets on the course first has to go through the selection event.

I don't know if they will reject people without giving them the opportunity to go to the selection event. I seem to recall hearing that they wouldn't be taking anyone on who didn't have a first or 2:1..

I expect they are doing it alphabetically - my real name is Aaron Aardvark.
    I'm predicted a 1st and got a 1st in yr1 and high 2:1 in yr2... Guess I'll be calling them on Monday to find out. My initials are IP, so if alphabetically by surname, I'd probably be quite far down the list...

ReputationRep:
    WTF?!?!?! Just got off the phone with BPP and apparently any applications where the references were submitted after the APPLICATION deadline have gone into clearing instead of first round!!!!!!

Except the BarSAS guidelines specifically say "There is NO OFFICIAL DEADLINE for the submission of references..." (own emphasis). My first one was submitted about 8-9 days after the application deadline, the 2nd on the 27th Jan. The Guide also says that applications will become "visible" to providers once the 1st reference is submitted, which seems to completely suggest that the application is valid, and simply 'invisible' until refs are received.

Anyone know what the complaints procedure is? No info at all on the BarSAS site, so I'm assuming the BSB?

Edit: Just confirmed this with Uni of Law as well. It's official. Just sent a complaint in to the BarSAS email as well. Anyone else in this position, check with your providers ASAP as they may or may not have received your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuugi)

Thanks in advance!
    Based on your screenshot, you need to see my post above ASAP re references!

ReputationRep:
    I think this is not right. I have checked my reference submission dates, and both say 26 Jan - but I'm sure that's not right either, I'm fairly sure they weren't done on the same day. Yet I am getting info that indicates my BPTC application is being considered.

However, I think the real distinction might be that my application was submitted on 9 Jan, which is before the "real" deadline, and the reference requests were sent out that day. Where the screen shot above shows that (probably) the application was completed 14 Jan, and the references went out that day. ie the extension deadline after the BarSAS site crashed the weekend previously.

So I would guess that this has nothing to do with the date references were submitted, but something to do with the deadline being 10 Jan, and your applications coming in after that. ie that although they say the deadline has been extended, something in the software is causing a bug, so that the applications are considered to be late (and thus in clearing).

Either way, supreme f-up.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I'm going to have to clear this up because one of my referees specifically told me he had already completed it on / before 14th, and I highly doubt both of my references were sent on the same day. The whole system is confusing at this point. I shall contact Barsas first.

a) "There is no official deadline for the submission of references however applicants should
    advise their referees to submit their references as soon as possible. In the first round,
    applications will not become visible to Providers unless at least ONE of the references has
    been attached. - Done

b) If a reference has not been received two weeks after the applicant has submitted their
    application, an automated email will be sent to the nominated referees. - Done (2 weeks from the 11th or 14th is still the 25th at the latest, so I would still be within the time frame.

No worries anyway. I am sure it will be sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuugi)
    Thanks. I'm going to have to clear this up because one of my referees specifically told me he had already completed it on / before 14th, and I highly doubt both of my references were sent on the same day too. The whole system is confusing at this point. I shall contact Barsas first.

a) "There is no official deadline for the submission of references however applicants should
    advise their referees to submit their references as soon as possible. In the first round,
    applications will not become visible to Providers unless at least ONE of the references has
    been attached. - Done

b) If a reference has not been received two weeks after the applicant has submitted their
    application, an automated email will be sent to the nominated referees. - Done (2 weeks from the 11th or 14th is still the 25th at the latest, so I would still be within the time frame.

No worries anyway. I am sure it would be sorted.
    Re the date shown for refs on BarSAS, it seems like it shows the date the second reference was submitted for both. But if you submitted your application on 13 or 14 Jan, and/or know for certain that your 1st ref was submitted after 14 Jan, I'd call your chosen providers to check just in case. I myself got a very nasty surprise today.

I think this is not right. I have checked my reference submission dates, and both say 26 Jan - but I'm sure that's not right either, I'm fairly sure they weren't done on the same day. Yet I am getting info that indicates my BPTC application is being considered.

However, I think the real distinction might be that my application was submitted on 9 Jan, which is before the "real" deadline, and the reference requests were sent out that day. Where the screen shot above shows that (probably) the application was completed 14 Jan, and the references went out that day. ie the extension deadline after the BarSAS site crashed the weekend previously.

So I would guess that this has nothing to do with the date references were submitted, but something to do with the deadline being 10 Jan, and your applications coming in after that. ie that although they say the deadline has been extended, something in the software is causing a bug, so that the applications are considered to be late (and thus in clearing).

Either way, supreme f-up.
    Agreed, especially on the last line! And thanks for posting generally - one of the reasons I called to check with the providers was because you'd posted that you're receiving emails from them which I hadn't been.

PS. The "real" deadline was noon on 12 Jan, not the 10th

ReputationRep:
    Hi LadyLaw23,

I hope this helps
    Lucy
    Any thoughts/comments on the above? Are the providers aware of this?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.