Of course <3 <3
Original post by Gott
No I'm a masichistic. Deal with it lol

You have no idea what masochism really is :cool:

:spank:
sums up my showers

Original post by Gott
As long as you don't mean scolding as in the punishment lol

haha no it's a safe temperature don't worry :tongue: I ain't some masochist lol, I've never burned myself in the shower
Reply 44
Original post by andersonsophie_8
Yes and I also wonder if it really save water. I don't think so.
Ah, an opportunity to show you how to work out something for yourself, rather than leap to conspiracy theories.

Method 1.
Are you standing in the bath when you take your shower? If so, put the plug in. When finished, is there more or less water than you bathe in?

Method 2.
Can you see the water meter? Or, does your water company provide online access to live meter readings (some do)?

If so, read it before and after taking a bath and before and after taking a shower.

Method 3.
I have one of those flat plugs that works in any sink. I put that over the shower drain hole and had a normal shower. When the water filled the shower cubicle floor section bit, I removed the plug, drained it, put it back and carried on. It filled the shower cubicle floor section bit times.

The shower cubicle floor section bit is about of the bath area. The depth is about 8cm. I used enough water to fill that to about 20 cm but I fill a bath to about 30cm. So I use ⅑th as much water as in the shower, despite me liking long lazy showers.

Method 4.
Do you use one of those rubber things that go over the bath taps? If so, the flow rate from that will be less than from the taps direct. If you spend less time in the shower than it takes to fill the bath, the shower uses less water.

Method 5.
Number of minutes running the bath water = b
Number of minutes running the shower water = s

Seconds to fill any container from the bath taps = t
Seconds to fill same container from the shower heads = h

Water used in bath = b x t units.
Water used in shower = s x h units.

Extra:
We have two showers. Both are powerful showers that can provide scalding hot water.

The downstairs one runs of mains water pressure and is electrically heated. It costs a fortune to run.

The upstairs one is a power shower and is heated from the gas boiler. It costs pennies to run.

It might not be just the water you need to worry about.
(edited 9 years ago)
No. But I love baths. Love getting into scalding hot water and relaxing in it while scrubbing with soap.
Original post by futuremedic19
Hahaha. My sister does the same to me all the time but she switches the boiler off so I end up standing there under the freezing cold water.

Naw my dad just pulls the wire and its out.
Yes, but I spend way too long in there thinking about the point in life and the infinite possibilities of the Universe.
I enjoy them but I always end up feeling really dizzy after them.
Original post by Frostyjoe
Naw my dad just pulls the wire and its out.

Hahahah why does he do that btw ??
My sister does it to just annoy me. Does your dad do it because u spend to long in the shower or does he do it to just annoy you ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ImagineCats
Showering in the dark is so calming

I used to do that all the time, glad I'm not the only one. But my extractor thing is linked to the lights, so it gets very steamy as well if I do that.

Original post by ImagineCats
I have a window on the roof so I usually shower with the moon light coming in- it's usually the highlight of my day ahah!

I'd love to be able to do that in my house.
(edited 9 years ago)
If my speakers have enough battery in, I usually have a little disco while I'm in the shower. Nothing brightens up an otherwise dull part of the day by having a bit of a boogie and a sing-a-long to a bit of Nicki Minaj and Ed Sheeran
Nope. I love baths, but at University, I only have a shower. The water is also usually cool-warmish, and never mildly hot, which is how I like it. Horrible first thing in the morning, but I have to do it.
Original post by skd1996
I enjoy them but I always end up feeling really dizzy after them.

Orthostatic hypotension?
Prefer baths. And thankfully I'm the only one in my uni block to, meaning I get the bath to myself :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice warm showers are the best.
Original post by skd1996
No idea what that is :colondollar:

Same with me! :biggrin: The only time my flatmates use the bath is when they're sleeping in it drunk...

It's when your blood pressure drops when you stand up from sitting down/lying down. As your brain doesn't has less blood, you feel dizzy. I always get it when standing up and getting out of the bath.
Original post by futuremedic19
Hahahah why does he do that btw ??
My sister does it to just annoy me. Does your dad do it because u spend to long in the shower or does he do it to just annoy you ?

we have quite a big house so its the bills etc but I think hes a bit tight. Very irritating and it always causes rows.
I love showers! I spend about a half hour in there, being perpetually doused in warm water is so relaxing.
Original post by RFowler
I used to do that all the time, glad I'm not the only one. But my extractor thing is linked to the lights, so it gets very steamy as well if I do that.

I'd love to be able to do that in my house.

It's greeeeaaattt! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest