Do you enjoy showers? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Never tried shampoo myself apart
    from in the eyes accidentlly lol

#ahhhhh
    We've all been there buddy :console:

ReputationRep:
    This might be just me but i intentionally try to make myself freezing before i have a hot shower. It feels sooo good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Nah, I lock the door and play music so it's all good. Plus I have a window on the roof so I usually shower with the moon light coming in- it's usually the highlight of my day ahah!
    That actually sounds fascinating. Might have to try it out

Nah, I lock the door and play music so it's all good. Plus I have a window on the roof so I usually shower with the moon light coming in- it's usually the highlight of my day ahah!
    Marry me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Never tried shampoo myself apart
    from in the eyes accidentlly lol

#ahhhhh
    Was it truly an accident? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    Marry me?
    Of course <3 <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    Was it truly an accident? :cool:
    No I'm a masichistic. Deal with it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    No I'm a masichistic. Deal with it lol
    You have no idea what masochism really is :cool:

:spank:

ReputationRep:
    sums up my showers

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    As long as you don't mean scolding as in the punishment lol
    haha no it's a safe temperature don't worry I ain't some masochist lol, I've never burned myself in the shower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    You have no idea what masochism really is :cool:

:spank:
    Teach me master hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersonsophie_8)
    Yes and I also wonder if it really save water. I don't think so.
    Ah, an opportunity to show you how to work out something for yourself, rather than leap to conspiracy theories.

Method 1.
    Are you standing in the bath when you take your shower? If so, put the plug in. When finished, is there more or less water than you bathe in?

Method 2.
    Can you see the water meter? Or, does your water company provide online access to live meter readings (some do)?

If so, read it before and after taking a bath and before and after taking a shower.

Method 3.
    I have one of those flat plugs that works in any sink. I put that over the shower drain hole and had a normal shower. When the water filled the shower cubicle floor section bit, I removed the plug, drained it, put it back and carried on. It filled the shower cubicle floor section bit 2½ times.

The shower cubicle floor section bit is about ⅓ of the bath area. The depth is about 8cm. I used enough water to fill that to about 20 cm but I fill a bath to about 30cm. So I use ⅑th as much water as in the shower, despite me liking long lazy showers.

Method 4.
    Do you use one of those rubber things that go over the bath taps? If so, the flow rate from that will be less than from the taps direct. If you spend less time in the shower than it takes to fill the bath, the shower uses less water.

Method 5.
    Number of minutes running the bath water = b
    Number of minutes running the shower water = s

Seconds to fill any container from the bath taps = t
    Seconds to fill same container from the shower heads = h

Water used in bath = b x t units.
    Water used in shower = s x h units.

Extra:
    We have two showers. Both are powerful showers that can provide scalding hot water.

The downstairs one runs of mains water pressure and is electrically heated. It costs a fortune to run.

The upstairs one is a power shower and is heated from the gas boiler. It costs pennies to run.

It might not be just the water you need to worry about.

No. But I love baths. Love getting into scalding hot water and relaxing in it while scrubbing with soap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuremedic19)
    Hahaha. My sister does the same to me all the time but she switches the boiler off so I end up standing there under the freezing cold water.
    Naw my dad just pulls the wire and its out.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I spend way too long in there thinking about the point in life and the infinite possibilities of the Universe.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy them but I always end up feeling really dizzy after them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    Naw my dad just pulls the wire and its out.
    Hahahah why does he do that btw ??
    My sister does it to just annoy me. Does your dad do it because u spend to long in the shower or does he do it to just annoy you ?

ReputationRep:
    Showering in the dark is so calming
    I used to do that all the time, glad I'm not the only one. But my extractor thing is linked to the lights, so it gets very steamy as well if I do that.

I have a window on the roof so I usually shower with the moon light coming in- it's usually the highlight of my day ahah!
    I'd love to be able to do that in my house.

ReputationRep:
    If my speakers have enough battery in, I usually have a little disco while I'm in the shower. Nothing brightens up an otherwise dull part of the day by having a bit of a boogie and a sing-a-long to a bit of Nicki Minaj and Ed Sheeran

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I love baths, but at University, I only have a shower. The water is also usually cool-warmish, and never mildly hot, which is how I like it. Horrible first thing in the morning, but I have to do it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.