Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6 foot 3 and people at school keep on trying to stand on their toes to show they're taller than me, it's annoying. But I can get things the other people can't get and hide things where the teacher can't see them

ReputationRep:
    Men under 6'3 are short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahbuba1997)
    Haha no way! It's actually really common for girls to go for a taller guy
    Yeah it's common for girls to like height in a man, but not to give it priority above everything else physically speaking. Girls like that I can only assume have a very submissive/stereotypically-feminine personality, and I noticed that Graceful_Lawyer said a couple of times how she likes to be small because it makes her feel "feminine" so that would make sense.

Let's put it this way: if you ask a guy whether they'd rather be good-looking and average height or tall but average looking, they will say the former. Those are the types who attract a lot of girls not average-lookers. Obviously it's best to have both worlds but there we go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macromicro)
    Yeah it's common for girls to like height in a man, but not to give it priority above everything else physically speaking. Girls like that I can only assume have a very submissive/stereotypically-feminine personality, and I noticed that Graceful_Lawyer said a couple of times how she likes to be small because it makes her feel "feminine" so that would make sense.

Let's put it this way: if you ask a guy whether they'd rather be good-looking and average height or tall but average looking, they will say the former. Those are the types who attract a lot of girls not average-lookers. Obviously it's best to have both worlds but there we go...
    I agree with you but what I meant was that I don't look for a perfect guy, rather average looking. Of course, if a guy under average but tall, I won't consider him unless he has a great personality. But yes, in general terms, I do prefer average looking tall men over good looking average height men.

Btw what is wrong with being 'submissive/stereotypically feminine' personality? I mean I accept myself as I am, I don't want to be any shorter or tall. Just like men want to be more masculine, women want to be more feminine too and being short does make me feel feminine. This is not for attracting the other gender, rather according to me to be comfortable within.

ReputationRep:
    5ft to 5ft 1, kind of insecure about this sometimes

ReputationRep:
    No way is liking tall guys a fetish, I've heard tonnes of girls say it, esp the tall ones themselves x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kim K is like, 5' 2". Some think of her as the hottest woman in America.

Think about it.

The potential.

Idk, I'm sleep deprived lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarte Tatin)
    5ft to 5ft 1, kind of insecure about this sometimes
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Under 6'0" for a guy is short, 6'0" is bang average. As for girls personal preference is taller than 5'9".

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6ft 6, low ceilings are not my friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graceful_Lawyer)
    I agree with you but what I meant was that I don't look for a perfect guy, rather average looking. Of course, if a guy under average but tall, I won't consider him unless he has a great personality. But yes, in general terms, I do prefer average looking tall men over good looking average height men.

Btw what is wrong with being 'submissive/stereotypically feminine' personality? I mean I accept myself as I am, I don't want to be any shorter or tall. Just like men want to be more masculine, women want to be more feminine too and being short does make me feel feminine. This is not for attracting the other gender, rather according to me to be comfortable within.
    Oh no there's nothing wrong with it at all. I wasn't saying that you try and emphasise your personality in order to attract the opposite gender; I was saying it's because of your personality that you prioritise height, which makes sense. A lot of girls are submissive/very feminine, but I just haven't met one for whom height has this much importance as it does for you. It's interesting that's all, certainly nothing wrong with it, I just like to (over)analyse.

And I have of course been leaving personality out of all of this but in reality you just can't. After the very first time you lay eyes on someone, their personality will then come into play even if you don't talk to them directly but just from the way they laugh and their mannerisms and body language; this will all have a huge effect on how attractive you find them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-s-R)
    Aha, take it you're into tall guys then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Without a doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macromicro)
    Oh no there's nothing wrong with it at all. I wasn't saying that you try and emphasise your personality in order to attract the opposite gender; I was saying it's because of your personality that you prioritise height, which makes sense. A lot of girls are submissive/very feminine, but I just haven't met one for whom height has this much importance as it does for you. It's interesting that's all, certainly nothing wrong with it, I just like to (over)analyse.

And I have of course been leaving personality out of all of this but in reality you just can't. After the very first time you lay eyes on someone, their personality will then come into play even if you don't talk to them directly but just from the way they laugh and their mannerisms and body language; this will all have a huge effect on how attractive you find them.
    Oh okay. Well, in that case I'm sorry for assuming you meant that. And it sounds a bit weird to me tbh that you haven't yet seen or met a girl which gives more importance to height. I know many girls who at first look find tall guys attractive even if they're average looking. However, yes I know a few girls who gives more importance to looks. I guess every girl is different but generally, women, be tall or short, prefer tall men.

As of the 2nd point you made, I seriously couldn't agree with you any more. Personality is the key after you get the person that you found attractive and if that attractive person turns out to be bad, their face wouldn't seem attractive.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.