Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My brother committed suicide this morning. watch

ReputationRep:
    May he rest in peace.. I can't imagine what I would do if I was in your situation stay strong!

ReputationRep:
    Each and every time we find out more information the situation gets more and more complex.

I have to go back to university on Friday too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Each and every time we find out more information the situation gets more and more complex.

I have to go back to university on Friday too.
    How irreverent! A week should be given at least.

Hope that you have people around you who are sustaining you. My deepest condolences!
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm feeling hollow reading this. RIP to your brother and I'm so sorry for your loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    I don't know what to do. I feel quite numb and sick.

We returned home at about half 4 this evening to two police officers stood on our drive way.
    They told us that it was an overdose.

He lives at my mums and he came around to ours yesterday to use my computer etc. He was completely fine and my dad was meant to pick him up this afternoon to take him to get his computer fixed.

He spoke to my uncle too and nothing seemed abnormal.

I don't really know what I'm asking for. I'm just lost. He was only 22, with his own business.
    This is similar to what happened to one of my classmates last week. He tried to commit suicide by overdosing on drugs. Luckily he survived it.

I'm really sorry for your loss. My condolences are with you and your family at a dreaded time like this x:console:

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sorry for you and your family having to deal with this kind of loss. I couldn't imagine what it feels like.

ReputationRep:
    Extremely Sorry for your loss, I pray that your brother is in a better place. Condolences to you and your family.

ReputationRep:
    I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family x

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for your loss. I hope you get answers that will allow you to move forward. Unfortunately not much can be done as people give no warning of their intentions.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you on TSR during this time?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by AntisthenesDogger)
    Possibly because by talking it through with people; the OP may be trying to make sense of what's tragically happened? Just talking about things can help no end.

ReputationRep:
    It's sad when people who committing suicide are sad. I don't think suicide itself is a bad act, it can actually pretty peaceful ending but when people do it based on emotions and impulses it really is sad. A simple simple Could have stopped it.

All I can say is feel sad and then continue with life. But don't forget him, he will truly die when his name is mentioned for the last time in history. Allow his legacy to live with you.

Good luck. Chin up. I doubt he'd want you to feel sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntisthenesDogger)
    I guess it's better to sit at home and bawl your eyes out and isolate yourself from the world. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My condolences to you and your family.
    May his soul rest in peace.
    May God help you pull through this situation.
    My sincere apologies for you loss.
    God bless.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So sorry to hear about this. I recently lost someone close to me to suicide as well. Its normal to feel a whole range of things in the next coming while. I think I felt every emotion under the sun while trying to process what had happened. I hope you and your family will be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.