Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is there one type of Indian food you could eat continuously? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    Wat.

I did exactly that on the street right outside where Chennai Dosa once used to be. :moon: New place has opened... Kailash Parbat. Its meh.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't eat a lot of Indian food, but I do like those poppadums - I still can't locate them at Giant. :xmasgrin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    I BEEN THERE. That place has the best pani puri, dahi puri, sev puri. Damn.

(Original post by Asklepios)
    Wembley is basically an indian enclave tbf. Chennai Dosa <3

We don't have that many great indian eateries. Just the standard curry houses.

Although for me: Butter chicken (with tandoori roti/naan), Chole bhature, Samosa, pakora (onion, bread, aloo), papri chaat, masala dosa (with sambar)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Tennumbers)
    Wembley Chennai Dosa has closed down. </3
    Check out Saravana Bhavan. It's just across the road from where Chennai Dosa used to be. Really diverse menu with all kinds of Indian dishes and even quite a lot of Indo-Chinese. Cheap as chips for crazy good quality (imo... ) Great atmosphere, clean and relatively fast service (if you can get a seat) from my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "Wanted")
    Check out Saravana Bhavan. It's just across the road from where Chennai Dosa used to be. Really diverse menu with all kinds of Indian dishes and even quite a lot of Indo-Chinese. Cheap as chips for crazy good quality (imo... ) Great atmosphere, clean and relatively fast service (if you can get a seat) from my experience.
    Been there too Thier Paneer Chilli is to die for! And omg service is crazy fast! No one beats Chennai Dosa's dosas tho.. they were just brilliant for dosas and salted lassi! Saravana Bhavan was nice tho.. enjoyed it :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where it originated from but Biryani & Pilau. A traditional delicacy in my birthplace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graceful_Lawyer)
    I've never had Peshawari naan, is it salty?

I love Saag, use to hate it before. And oh, palak paneer is just WOW!!!
    Peshwari Nan is filled with ground, sweet almonds.
    It's mildly sweet.
    And now I'm thinking about it.

NOM

ReputationRep:
    I think Paneer.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.