The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel English Language - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by zahanara
I have a feeling climate change: webpage is gonna come up!! but there are no notes on it anywhere!! Every time I try to look for it, the facts come up. Any notes on climate change: webpage?
I WILL ACTUALLY BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL IF YOU DO!!

I have hardly any notes. but my teacher isnt very good
I have some notes, i hope theyre helpful.
On the webpage, bold text is used for emphasis. The main body of text has statistics which makes the text more believable and trustworthy. The main focus of the text is climate change. The piece uses words like "we" which includes the audience in the text. Words like "inevitable" make the piece come to life - we are interested instead of being bored and falling asleep. Things like "add your voice!" is an imperative which are popular in adverts. There is some repetition in the text like "catastrophic" its emotive language that sets the mood and tone of this climate change webpage. The webpage uses first and second person. The use of imperatives is also to get the reader involved. The colour of green promotes the colour of nature, it symbolizes growth. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. The layout of the webpage is student friendly, its easily accessible and its vibrant. It has images which are visual aids - they usually attract a young audience.
notes on headless goat and touching void?
thanks
Original post by IGCSEKid
Literally this short, short analysis of the Webpage is the only one I can find online: http://englishtutorhome2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/analysis-of-climate-change-greenpeace.html

I don't think The Webpage is going to come up because its very short and there's just isn't much that can be said about it considering the usually marks are 10.

What I predict is Climate Change: The Facts and Passage to Africa (I know this came up in 2014 but only in R paper so Edexcel may want other parts of the world to analyse it.) are most likely ones that will come up.

Thanks!! I found another useful site too, may help you!

http://igcsenglishlangaugenotes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/climate-change-webpage-greenpeace-uk.html
Original post by Ruby.d
I have hardly any notes. but my teacher isnt very good
I have some notes, i hope theyre helpful.
On the webpage, bold text is used for emphasis. The main body of text has statistics which makes the text more believable and trustworthy. The main focus of the text is climate change. The piece uses words like "we" which includes the audience in the text. Words like "inevitable" make the piece come to life - we are interested instead of being bored and falling asleep. Things like "add your voice!" is an imperative which are popular in adverts. There is some repetition in the text like "catastrophic" its emotive language that sets the mood and tone of this climate change webpage. The webpage uses first and second person. The use of imperatives is also to get the reader involved. The colour of green promotes the colour of nature, it symbolizes growth. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. The layout of the webpage is student friendly, its easily accessible and its vibrant. It has images which are visual aids - they usually attract a young audience.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
This may help you too, its got notes on everything:
http://igcsenglishlangaugenotes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/climate-change-webpage-greenpeace-uk.html
Reply 44
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Thank you, those notes you sent seem a lot better than mine

No problem. Thanks for finding this site, seems good :biggrin:
Original post by IGCSEKid
No problem. Thanks for finding this site, seems good :biggrin:

Have you done any revision on Explorers or boys messing about? That's the only text I haven't even looked at. Do you think edexcel is messed up enough to try to **** us over by putting that in the paper tomorrow?
So, you know how on the unseen passage, long 12 mark question...it gives you three things to write about (three bullet points), and it literally sections, those points only, off on the mark scheme...so do you think four valid P.E.A paragraphs on each section is sufficient (because 3 sections x 4 short P.E.A paragraphs = 12 therefore 12 marks?) Is that a good idea? I did a lot of waffle in this question and consequently got 7/12 in my mock exam so need advice! Thanks :smile:
Original post by chazer154
So, you know how on the unseen passage, long 12 mark question...it gives you three things to write about (three bullet points), and it literally sections, those points only, off on the mark scheme...so do you think four valid P.E.A paragraphs on each section is sufficient (because 3 sections x 4 short P.E.A paragraphs = 12 therefore 12 marks?) Is that a good idea? I did a lot of waffle in this question and consequently got 7/12 in my mock exam so need advice! Thanks :smile:

A paragraph for bullet point is what are told to do. Each paragraph should be 1 side (if you have medium sized handwriting) or 1 and a half (larger handwriting).

For each bullet point, you should have 2 quotes and 3 explanations.

"...................." ---- Explanation 1
"..................." ---- Explanation 2 + 3 (3 will be your alternative interpretation).

Or vice versa. Plus, if you're aiming for A/A* always comment on structure!
I'm dreading this exam. I'm just going through the Anthology now, but haven't looked at it for about a year. :\
Reply 50
Original post by stableintegral
I'm dreading this exam. I'm just going through the Anthology now, but haven't looked at it for about a year. :\

thats good because i havent revised much either
what text does everyone think will come up from the anthology???
Original post by alice.ronalene
what text does everyone think will come up from the anthology???

Climate Change the facts + Veronica
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

omg this site is so helpful thankyou so much for posting it !!! good luck for tomorrows exam
Original post by GCSEStudent903
Climate Change the facts + Veronica

damn it i hate the climate change one i really hope its a passage to africa :smile:
Reply 55
I'm going to be cheeky and say I found an hour-long video on the Greenpeace Webpage on Youtube.... :P

EDIT: If you'd like it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzJoh3s2JL0
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know what texts came up in January 2015?
Reply 57
Original post by sunnyrays07

Explorers was the Section A Text. :smile:
Original post by sunnyrays07

i think it was taking on the world not sure about the other one
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by alice.ronalene
i think it was chinese cinderella not sure about the other one

Just checked - King Schariar and Explorers or boys messing about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending