Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a 'Fundamentalist Muslim' AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PopaPork)
    Not if they HAVE their usual print run is 60000 this one is 5 million

and of you believe any of this makes islam or muslims look good you are seriously deluded
    I never said anything about us looking good, I just said there's a possibility of mere curiosity that someone would do further research. You don't think that out of the 5 million people, and more because of news on TV, that not a single person is likely to convert?

There are some people who don't blame one thing on all Muslims BTW. They decide not to believe all the bull**** the media feeds us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    i was yes.
    Well, I'm on to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 286001)
    I never said anything about us looking good, I just said there's a possibility of mere curiosity that someone would do further research. You don't think that out of the 5 million people, and more because of news on TV, that not a single person is likely to convert?

There are some people who don't blame one thing on all Muslims BTW. They decide not to believe all the bull**** the media feeds us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I'm saying not a single person who buys the magazine in support of freedom of speech will suddenly decide that they were wrong and Islam is right (so that's 4400000 people)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Which country are you from?
    Wales.
    Originally Irish, African and Bajan tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Well, I'm on to you.
    You are on to me because I attempted to make you look like a Hypocrite?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm saying not a single person who buys the magazine in support of freedom of speech will suddenly decide that they were wrong and Islam is right (so that's 4400000 people)
    I wonder for how many it will be the last straw for their own faith, though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professor Purple)
    Wales.
    Originally Irish, African and Bajan tho
    That sounds cool
    I'm sorry your AMA thread has turned out into a big debate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    I wonder for how many it will be the last straw for their own faith, though?
    True. I know a few muslims who have now started to question their faith and their mindless adherence to it.

They may not become ex-muslims but I know they will become much more moderate

drip-drip we will make change

ReputationRep:
    are your parents also Muslim?

btw a lot of people on TSR lack common sense so don't be offended, some people are just born ignorant

ReputationRep:
    Again, like I said, there's still a possibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's your opinion on women? Do they have the right to work, become educated, drive, and other things?

ReputationRep:
    Should Homosexuality be a punishable offense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    That sounds cool
    I'm sorry your AMA thread has turned out into a big debate
    Aha its fine, I expected it

(Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    are your parents also Muslim?

btw a lot of people on TSR lack common sense so don't be offended, some people are just born ignorant
    Yeah, my dad is a 'revert'
    (Original post by Grantland)
    What's your opinion on women? Do they have the right to work, become educated, drive, and other things?
    My mum drives, 2 of my sisters are in college and university, the oldest is a lawyer.

Does that answer your question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AVGA17)
    Should Homosexuality be a punishable offense?
    In this country? No.

In a muslim country, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Creepy indeed

No I feel that everyone has the right to free speech, but they shouldnt abuse it.
    Muslims would lay down our lives for the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), so if someone makes disgusting and false statements about him and mock him, do we not have the right to be upset?

Imagine if someone published extremely offensive and false things about you or a loved one, and they ended up dead after, would you feel bad they were dead???

Everyone has the right to be upset no one had the right to commit mass murder.

ReputationRep:
    My mum drives, 2 of my sisters are in college and university, the oldest is a lawyer.

Does that answer your question?
    Not exactly, you might have family who aren't fundamentalist as you assign yourself. I assume however you're fine with women being on equal standing to men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnooFnoo)
    Everyone has the right to be upset no one had the right to commit mass murder.
    I already said that I do not condone the killings.

ReputationRep:
    Should religion control a country?

Ie should laws be based on religion and not democracy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grantland)
    Not exactly, you might have family who aren't fundamentalist as you assign yourself. I assume however you're fine with women being on equal standing to men.
    Yes we all are lol. We all believe in the teachings if the Prophet (pbuh)

Why wouldn't I be?? The good treatment of women is the duty of all muslim men, or have you been brainwashed by the media to think otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    Yes we all are lol. We all believe in the teachings if the Prophet (pbuh)

Why wouldn't I be?? The good treatment of women is the duty of all muslim men, or have you been brainwashed by the media to think otherwise?
    Why can't women show their face/hair?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.