The Student Room Group

Duncan of Jordanstone applications 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sketchey
Anyone know what happens when you're getting your folio couriered back to you? The guy on the day said that I'd get it delivered but I haven't heard anything from them and am worried now that I may need to collect it.

I dont know about the courier service, I'm sure you could give them a call though - just to check!
Reply 41
Anyone heard anything yet? Ugh I'm so nervous! :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Original post by Makker

Me too :/ but nope still waiting :O
Reply 43
Original post by Makker

Still waiting too! Checking my email has never been so nerve wracking :frown:
Reply 44
Original post by Makker

Don't think we'll hear back anytime earlier than tomorrow! People are still collecting portfolios today :frown:
Reply 45
I do hope I find out soon though - whether its good or bad. The wait will kill me D:
Reply 46
I don't suppose anyone's willing to share their portfolio, then. xD

Is there a date set by which we are supposed to get answers? I know the UCAS deadline for universities is May 6th or 7th, but I couldn't find anything about Dundee specifically.

I'm kind of twitchy too. :I
Reply 47
Original post by Nyriel

Is there a date set by which we are supposed to get answers? I know the UCAS deadline for universities is May 6th or 7th, but I couldn't find anything about Dundee specifically.

Oh my goodness! I took a load of photos of mine but they all turned out awful when I uploaded them and I completely forgot xD

Dundee said that they would be out by the 7th as well.
Reply 48
Original post by Nyriel

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/x19nw25ttxf4y27/AAA3spVFlAfxDPy5Sroy5XK-a

Aah here is mine.

And I really want to get the results soon :/ I can't even focus on my final exam ( 4th May ) >.<
Reply 49
Ah, I get what you mean! It's impossible to take satisfying pictures, and then you have to tweak them on the computer and it's never right anyway.

Well then, that's after most of my exams, so I don't know if it's a good thing, or bad. :P
Edit: rivvies, same here. Fast-forwarding to that date would be good, but then again, I haven't learned everything yet.
Love your people!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 50
Is anyone applying straight from sixth year? :smile:
Original post by Olivcj
Is anyone applying straight from sixth year? :smile:

I'm curious as to who is too actually, I'm applying after doing a year of college but did you have Advanced Higher art at your school? I didn't, and wasn't allowed to switch to the portfolio class... It definitely killed my chances last year.
Reply 52
Original post by tronicfalc
I'm curious as to who is too actually, I'm applying after doing a year of college but did you have Advanced Higher art at your school? I didn't, and wasn't allowed to switch to the portfolio class... It definitely killed my chances last year.

I took Advanced Higher Art and did a 10 week portfolio course, although I've heard they only grade school applicants against other school applicants so just wanted to know how many others are direct from s6! :smile:
Reply 53
I just got an offer!
Reply 54
Original post by Olivcj
I just got an offer!

Congratulations! :biggrin: that's so great!
Reply 55
Wow, congrats! : D
So! They're giving them out. *sits tight and sweats, pretending everything is okay*
Reply 56
Original post by Nyriel
Wow, congrats! : D
So! They're giving them out. *sits tight and sweats, pretending everything is okay*

So do you think that they're being given out throughout the day or is there a certain time each day? Aw jeez so nervous
Reply 57
Uh, hard to say - I've tried to crack it for quite some time, and from what I've noticed, offers are mostly being given out before rejections, so I guess there's no telling! And I might be wrong, maybe it's mixed. Another thing is I think they're giving them out in batches, as you say, and for a few days maybe? One of my friends got a rejection from GSA a day prior to mine, so. Yeah. There is hope and there is none. xD
(I'm such a great contribution to this thread)
Well this is nervewracking. I was playing Skyrim but now all I can think about is waiting on a response o_o. Guess I'll kill some more dragons to pass the time... *nervous laughter*
Reply 59
Thank you guys! All the best for you, fingers crossed! X

Quick Reply

Latest