Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peli-Pelican)
    Brilliant, that's sorted my train conundrum. Thank you And congrats again on the place xx
    No problem and good luck with it all! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    I received an offer for Children's Nursing this morning (very exciting as it's my first choice!) however, the host hospital I've been given is Milton Keynes...
    I'm not sure what this means with regards to accommodation as I wouldn't want to live in Halls in Northampton if I had to travel to Milton Keynes Hospital - is there accommodation for nursing students there? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Just wondering what does the rent cover in the accomadation price and is their anything else I will need to pay for before I arrive and when I am there

Thanks Jordan

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the interview process works for mental health nursing?
    Got my interview on next Wednesday.
    Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Callum41)
    Is there a climbing society and a climbing wall on campus.( I know about the Pinnacle off campus)

Thanks for the reply!
    Hi Callum,

There isn't a wall on campus but there is at Benham Sports Arena which is pretty much next door - check out their website for more information http://www.acuk.net/benham-sports-arena/benham-rock

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLG90)
    Hello.
    I received an offer for Children's Nursing this morning (very exciting as it's my first choice!) however, the host hospital I've been given is Milton Keynes...
    I'm not sure what this means with regards to accommodation as I wouldn't want to live in Halls in Northampton if I had to travel to Milton Keynes Hospital - is there accommodation for nursing students there? Thanks
    The placements are on a first come first serve basis unfortunately and we only have halls on campus or in the town centre. It may be best to apply for St Johns in this case it is in walking distance to the bus and train station.

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan frodsham)
    Hey

Just wondering what does the rent cover in the accomadation price and is their anything else I will need to pay for before I arrive and when I am there

Thanks Jordan
    Hi Jordan,

The Cost of accommodation covers everything including electricity, gas , water, council tax etc.

Once you have paid your deposit you shouldn't have anything to pay until nearer the time.

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The University of Northampton)
    Hello everyone,

This thread is available to anyone who has made an application to the University of Northampton or is interested in applying.

My team and I are here to answer any questions that you have about the University no matter how big or small. This can be anything from 'What is Northampton like as a town' to 'Can I bring a kettle into halls', hopefully we will be able to help.

Just to note, if you have been offered a place then you will be invited to attend an Applicant Visit Day which we would strongly recommend coming to for the potential to meet lecturers, other applicants and view our brilliant facilties.

We hope to see or hear from you soon!

Laura and the team

ps. Congratulations !

Hello,
    I have been offered a conditional offer at the UoN to study OT in Sept. Please I am not clear about exams. Honestly, I hate exams!!!! I don't mind a couple but regular exams oh no!!!! I understand there is only Anatomy and Physiology exams in the first year and that is it. Is this correct? I really really want to make NoN my firm choice. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I was wondering if you could tell me which accommodation buildings are only same sex and which ones are mixed. I'm a female wanting an all female flat (en-suite room) in Park Campus. Which building is most suitable for me?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Zairanang,

You can apply for single sex halls as a preference in most of our halls whether you want en-suite or shared facilities,

Kilian (Marketing assistant)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just applied for halls and I was wondering how long does it normally take to hear back?
    Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, got an offer the next day. It was the one I wanted too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodafone)
    Hi,

I've just applied for halls and I was wondering how long does it normally take to hear back?
    Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, got an offer the next day. It was the one I wanted too!
    Hello,

You will usually hear a response back within 7-14 working day!

Laura

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I've accepted Northampton as my firm and have even accepted an accommodation offer. I was wondering if there was a list of all the items students are allowed and aren't allowed to bring into the halls during their stay. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zairanang)
    Hi. I've accepted Northampton as my firm and have even accepted an accommodation offer. I was wondering if there was a list of all the items students are allowed and aren't allowed to bring into the halls during their stay. Thank you.
    That's great news! Welcome to the University of Northampton!

Here's a link to our website with all the bits you will need to prepare before you arrive!

http://www.northampton.ac.uk/new-stu...ore-you-arrive

Laura

ReputationRep:
    Hi did you have any issues registering on the website because it keeps saying that my personal details are wrong xx

ReputationRep:
    I can't register online for accommodation as it says that my personal details are invalid and I'm really worried that I won't get a place of i don't register soon x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monangesolitaire)
    This probably sounds odd but at the accommodation on Avenue Campus, it looked like the beds in the show flat were camp beds rather than proper ones. Was this just in the show flat on the open day or is that what all the beds are like in those halls?
    Don't worry, they are proper beds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrydc123)
    Just wondering whether or not first year students stay in St Johns halls of residence.
    Also, if i were to put Northampton as my insurance choice, (holding an unconditional offer) would I be able to select accommodation?
    thanks
    Hi

Yes, you can stay in St Johns halls of residence if you wish to. The choice is yours. You will not be able to apply for accommodation though until you have made us your firm choice.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask!
    Michelle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince of Mind)
    Hi I recently did my online Maths and English tests for my application to Mental Health Nursing. I was wondering how long on average it takes to hear back after this stage?
    I was also wondering roughly how many applicants you get each year for the course and how many places there are to offer.
    Thank you in advance.
    Hi

Apologies about the delayed reply. Have you heard back now?

Michelle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose96_)
    Hi there!
    I just wanted to find out if you are holding an unconditional offer and you pick University of Northampton as your firm, do you have more of a chance of getting the room you want or is it the same as every other applicant?
    Hi Rose

If you have made us your firm choice you will be able to apply for accommodation. It works on a first come first served basis but as long as you have applied and confirmed by 30 April we will guarantee you accommodation.

Michelle

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.