Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester City v Arsenal 18/01 4pm watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You an Arsenal fan? Always thought you were an Everton fan?

Also why would I want you lot to lose or get thrashed, don't really care about you lot just take points off City. I want you to win.
    I am an Everton fan. I meant to say "win" lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    I am an Everton fan. I meant to say "win" lol.
    If they get thrashed or drop points wouldn't care too much either, there are many teams around lower midtable/relegation who i'd fancy more to get a point or 3 against City at the etihad than Arsenal anyway.

ReputationRep:
    feel bad for kosc and mert about to get molested when both monreal and bellerin caught 100 yards out of position.

ReputationRep:
    Why he doesn't start Walcott? Scored 2 goals against City last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If Balotelli was the intended replacement, why wasn't he bought earlier when he was openly available all summer? Milan were desperate to get rid of him, and your manager openly came out and said that he was a panic buy halfway through the season. The fact that a team who nearly won the league last season even contemplated signing a player like Lambert, and then gave him the #9 shirt, is worth ridicule.
    Because Sanchez was the obvious intended replacement earlier in the window? When that failed, we settled for Remy but that also failed so Balotelli was simply a panic replacement for Suarez as there was no one else (or our **** scouts couldn't find anyone else decent enough). Lambert cost £4m and would have been signed regardless of whether Suarez left or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If Balotelli was the intended replacement, why wasn't he bought earlier when he was openly available all summer? Milan were desperate to get rid of him, and your manager openly came out and said that he was a panic buy halfway through the season. The fact that a team who nearly won the league last season even contemplated signing a player like Lambert, and then gave him the #9 shirt, is worth ridicule.
    there was no intended replacement for suarez, that was the critical error.
    4m for an experienced striker who works hard and gives a plan B isn't a bad deal at all.

rodgers wanted to balance the team by buying many players, therefore evening out the load and making us less reliant on individuals.
    it was our inability to buy the right players for the right money was what let us down.
    it was clear we needed a 40-50m signing to replace suarez, and then to spend the rest of the money on the squad.

there was no direct replacement for suarez.
    the only thing worth ridiculing are our transfer staff.

it just seems like you're trying your hardest to chastise liverpool at every opportunity with little logic.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the Arsenal team selection. This will be a massacre.

Sanchez will hand in his transfer request tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    We're getting absolutely smashed. Might as well do it in style. 4-1.
    2 City penalties.

COME ON YA GUNNERSS.

ReputationRep:
    Is Ramsey even match fit? Good luck Bellerin (gulp)

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone dicking on the Arsenal line up, seems the expected line up tbh. Were people thinking Debuchy, Gibbs, Walcott and Ozil were all going to suddenly be fit and healthy for this game?

Only issue I have is Ramsey starting and Bellerin starting ahead of Chambers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Why is everyone dicking on the Arsenal line up, seems the expected line up tbh. Were people thinking Debuchy, Gibbs, Walcott and Ozil were all going to suddenly be fit and healthy for this game?

Only issue I have is Ramsey starting and Bellerin starting ahead of Chambers
    Everyone is dicking on the line up to show how poor the squad depth is compared to City's.

ReputationRep:
    Fine with Bellerin over Chambers with the pace city have going forward, surprised at a Ramsey start though.

No Campbell in the squad - either being preserved for next week's FA Cup game or expected to go on loan. Sanchez can always be moved forward to accommodate Ozil in the late-game if Giroud gets a knock.

ReputationRep:
    Why isn't Chambers playing?

Or Scz/Gibbs for that matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Everyone is dicking on the line up to show how poor the squad depth is compared to City's.
    Well no ****, City have spent hundreds of millions of their team, what is expected?

Also, squad depth? Apart from Yaya Toure and Nasri who isn't available for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    The point he's trying to make is that City's key players have all missed chunks of the season (Aguero, Silva, Kompany & Toure) and it's barely affected them. If you take Arsenal's 4 best players out of their team they fall to pieces.
    I agree with that, but again, I would be worried if a team spent well over 300mil building a team only to fall to pieces with only 2 key players out at a time.

ReputationRep:
    Sad to see known leader Flamini on the bench.

/s

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 Coq has Silva in his pocket all game.... hmm maybe not

This is sort of the best position to be in mentally as a fan, where you expect your team to be lose, so at least you won't be as pissed off when the inevitable happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeh that's true, City & Chelsea are so far ahead of everyone else at the moment. It'll take at least 2 seasons for anyone else to catch up.
    I don't really think a United fan can moan about it mind

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    better than welbeck

but srs, don't get too cocky bbz - we're 1 point behind you.

Funniest thing is none of them have been better than Welbeck roflllllllll

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.