Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could live in any time in history when would you pick? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aria Enoshima)
    Ah, I was only explaining possible reasoning and my own opinion. Poor future, not​ wanting me.
    :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    No, your analytical skills are below average. I was merely annoyed at you questioning my expertise in the field of history. Please continue I find this highly amusing.
    Ooh, I'm sorry I was being marked for my historical knowledge lol. I'll do better next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Ooh, I'm sorry I was being marked for my historical knowledge lol. I'll do better next time
    Nobody mentioned any 'historical knowledge' test? I clearly stated 'I was annoyed at you questioning my history' Your abstract reasoning skills are also below-par. Perhaps you're trying to read too much between the lines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammeyouareyou)
    Around 12 years ago.
    Was gonna say this tbh

12 years ago was pretty decent times. And medicine wasn't exactly amazingly behind...

Society was arguably more tolerant than it is today as well...

Definitely 21st century for me. seems to be the best century

You're not dying of the plague or being killed for being a witch...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    Nobody mentioned any 'historical knowledge' test? I clearly stated 'I was annoyed at you questioning my history' Your abstract reasoning skills are also below-par. Perhaps you're trying to read too much between the lines?
    So according to you why am I not allowed to live back in the 80s as opposed to earlier? Nope, I think you are. I answered OP's simple question and you seemed you not agree. You really think it would be alright for an ethnic minority in the UK to live amongst prejudice?

ReputationRep:
    WW2 era, so I could kill Hitler.

ReputationRep:
    Nazi Germany to test whether I would be sent to a concentration camp as I have a strong suspicion I would

ReputationRep:
    New York or Chicago in the roaring 20s, Colonial North America, or England in the 1400s (but just as a visitor). Ancient Greece would also be pretty cool.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by zhang-liao)
    :unimpressed: Three Kingdom's Era is something to appreciate :awesome:
    three kingdoms era?

tell me more
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    three kingdoms era?

tell me more
    Three Kingdoms Era of China link here for all the information you need

Long story short, Han Dynasty's split, Three Kingdoms Rise, (WU, SHU & WEI respectively) and they fight to the end but neither of them reach to power and establish their own dynasty.

What ends up happening is some retard from Wei (NOT ZHANG LIAO :mad:) takes control after the leaders of Wei die out and their idiotic and weak children take over and blah blah blah blah so the Jin Dynasty is established :angry:

SO MUCH FIGHTING HAPPENS :nutcase:

My TSR username is from a character from that period called Zhang Liao (NOT MY REAL NAME :mad: -duh, I'm a Pakistani :lol:) and he fights for Wei (in the north) against Wu and Shu (mainly Wu though) and he's just so epic though :lol: Google his name and you'll be like :awesome: :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't even know I typed everything so fast :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Nazi Germany to test whether I would be sent to a concentration camp as I have a strong suspicion I would
    Why do think you would be sent to a concentration camp?

I probably would because I'm Asian :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channies)
    Up to today, you cannot go into the future in this scenario

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Transatlantic slave trade.

ReputationRep:
    2006. Before Facebook became big, and people still used MSN. I would go back earlier but I don't want to lose Youtube.

Yes, my life revolves around the Internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    WW2 era, so I could kill Hitler.
    Think you should read this:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/b...l-adolf-hitler

ReputationRep:
    Why do think you would be sent to a concentration camp?

I probably would because I'm Asian :yep:
    See this is the thing. If I go back in time, I assume Im still going to be in England, and I dont fancy being the ONLY brown guy in a very racist society.... (Or at least only Pakistani guy) - or "Indian"
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    See this is the thing. If I go back in time, I assume Im still going to be in England, and I dont fancy being the ONLY brown guy in a very racist society.... (Or at least only Pakistani guy) - or "Indian"
    :yep: Completely have to agree but what if you could travel back into any other country though :holmes:?

ReputationRep:
    :yep: Completely have to agree but what if you could travel back into any other country though :holmes:?
    Tbh most of the world was pretty racist... so the only country I could legitimately go to, is India

Though that might not be too bad, cos of having a high caste (I hate the caste system btw)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Tbh most of the world was pretty racist... so the only country I could legitimately go to, is India

Though that might not be too bad, cos of having a high caste (I hate the caste system btw)
    Fair enough :lol:

I'm a freakin farmer according to the caste system :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Dynesores

ReputationRep:
    About 3 weeks ago.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.