Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

100% serious thread - WOUld you boycott your favourite food for life for 15 grand? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's slowly killing me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    can I boycott it, make other people eat it, kill them and then scoop it out of their insides?
    Lmao WHAT. That went down a dark path.

(Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    No because that would mean going without all seafood, I won't do that for any amount of money.
    Seafood :five: The thought of never eating prawns again...Couldn't do it OP.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I would give up Nachos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Lmao WHAT. That went down a dark path.

Seafood :five: The thought of never eating prawns again...Couldn't do it OP.
    no act is too evil when it comes to getting my biryani

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm a baller, £15k is like what I'd spend on an average night out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    you didnt specify age or type of job, so yes its absurd when you nonchalantly, assuming youre a teenager, say 15k NET, not gross, is piss easy in 3 months. so, what age and what job would you be looking at to earn 60k net profit?
    Didn't say it would be easy, I said it would include hard work. At 19, I'm barely a teenager btw

After training years, 60k would be something of a benchmark. Age 25/26, perhaps? Lets just say, I chose my degree tactfully (Not even going into the financial sector- that's where the real money is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutlohJ)
    No, I'm a baller, £15k is like what I'd spend on an average night out.
    i bet it is pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Didn't say it would be easy, I said it would include hard work. At 19, I'm barely a teenager btw

After training years, 60k would be something of a benchmark. Age 25/26, perhaps? Lets just say, I chose my degree tactfully (Not even going into the financial sector- that's where the real money is)
    medicine, dentistry, vet med? 19 is still too young to know the true value of 60k truly imo. yeah i know where the money is, look at my username

ReputationRep:
    I'd suspect the person giving me the money has an ulterior motive to put that particular food industry out of business and would pry as to why. I mean, why else would they give me so much to boycott a food? How many other people have they signed up to this? And how do they expect to enforce it? I could just take my money abroad and start eating whatever I like again, what could they do? Or are they more gangster than that? What kind of shady contract is this?

EDIT: Or I could just lie about what my favourite food is, and say I'm giving up whipped cream and pretend I love whipped cream. In reality I can't stand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powpowpowpowpow)
    I'd suspect the person giving me the money has an ulterior motive to put that particular food industry out of business and would pry as to why. I mean, why else would they give me so much to boycott a food? How many other people have they signed up to this? And how do they expect to enforce it? I could just take my money abroad and start eating whatever I like again, what could they do? Or are they more gangster than that? What kind of shady contract is this?

EDIT: Or I could just lie about what my favourite food is, and say I'm giving up whipped cream and pretend I love whipped cream. In reality I can't stand it.
    there is no lying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.