Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Crash Bandicoot Appreciation/Nostalgia Thread? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ah my childhood. Playing Crash Bandicoot on the Play station was definitely one of my very happy memories as a child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c.t.14)
    What exactly did you see?
    Crash making jungle loving with a random anthro-bandicoot. Coco should never be so hot. My eyes burned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Ah my childhood. Playing Crash Bandicoot on the Play station was definitely one of my very happy memories as a child
    welcome to the thread! I've got to say I have a gap in my knowledge where current-gen Crash comes in, Crash of the Titans etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Crash making jungle loving with a random anthro-bandicoot. Coco should never be so hot. My eyes burned
    ...That's just... not right.

All this talk of Crash since this thread started a couple of weeks ago has really made me want to play it again, but I can't since I'm at uni

Also, looking around TSR, Spyro has his own society on here but Crash doesn't - there isn't even a Spyro thread!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2071

ReputationRep:
    I had aallll the Crash games! AAALLLL of them! Even Crash Team Racing!

Thank you for making this thread!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upagumtree)

Join the club, I have them all too! I can't believe Crash is 20 years old next year, that is insane!

ReputationRep:
    ...That's just... not right.

All this talk of Crash since this thread started a couple of weeks ago has really made me want to play it again, but I can't since I'm at uni

Also, looking around TSR, Spyro has his own society on here but Crash doesn't - there isn't even a Spyro thread!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2071
    well what are you waiting for? Make the Crash Soc

ReputationRep:

glad you could make it!

ReputationRep:
    Join the club, I have them all too! I can't believe Crash is 20 years old next year, that is insane!
    Is that right?

Can't be!

I remember when Crash used to get hit by a baddie/TNT or some other dangerous item and he used to lose his protection mask. I was always certain i could hear him say "bloody hell!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    well what are you waiting for? Make the Crash Soc
    Genuinely making it right now haha

ReputationRep:
    The Crash Bandicoot Society is awaiting moderators approval

ReputationRep:
    Is that right?

Can't be!

I remember when Crash used to get hit by a baddie/TNT or some other dangerous item and he used to lose his protection mask. I was always certain i could hear him say "bloody hell!"
    It does kind of sound like that I suppose

I've always had theories about what it is that Aku Aku says when he leaves Crash, but I'm sure it was just supposed to be gibberish

ReputationRep:
    It does kind of sound like that I suppose

I've always had theories about what it is that Aku Aku says when he leaves Crash, but I'm sure it was just supposed to be gibberish
    Ha it's cool you still remember the names!

There was one level on the first game where Crash had to climb up the giant fence of some tribe headquarters and the music in the background you could hear them chant "oo na na na cha cha beava!"

ReputationRep:
    Ha it's cool you still remember the names!

There was one level on the first game where Crash had to climb up the giant fence of some tribe headquarters and the music in the background you could hear them chant "oo na na na cha cha beava!"
    Is it bad if I know the names of the levels you're talking about too? (The Great Gate, Native Fortress) I'm kind of a Crash superfan

Take a trip down memory lane:

ReputationRep:
    The Crash Bandicoot Society is awaiting moderators approval
    yesssss PRSOM dude!

can I be joint admin

ReputationRep:
    http://www.naughtydog.com/timeline/?...200212=1#crash

really enjoyed watching the Making Of shorts for Crash 2 and Warped. The sheer amount of effort put into crafting Cortex Strikes Back in particular explains a lot of why this feels so ahead of its time. They even admit that the levels were designed with an engine 10 times the memory of PSX :eek:

ReputationRep:

9/10 as good as it gets for the era

ReputationRep:
    Warp Room links to Crash 2 OST

hands-down 10 diss and I will slap you

ReputationRep:
    ditto Crash Warped 10

ReputationRep:

9.5/10. I'm not great at racing games but this was the racing game of my childhood. Never played Mario Kart until 2006 100% took fudging forever

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.