Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your preferred hair length, and why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    right now its near my belly button but not healthy at all so i am going to cut it just below my shoulder so i can grow it healthily
    my preferred is healthy long which is my aim

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expired Potato)
    Get better hairbands that are just fabric (without the metal). Thicker hairbands should do a good job, and invest in good ones (not a quid, but 3-4, it's worth it)

Maybe consider using a hair bungee, they're easier to tie around your hair and won't tangle it either.
    Got them. Now what I do is use 2 hair bobbles (just elastic no metal) to make a ponytail and then I use 2 hairbands on top of each other placed around the top of my forehead to keep random hair away from my eyes

Didn't know what they were, they look quite good and I might get them once my hair gets longer, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by perspiracious)
    Why won't you cut it to shoulder length if your ends look scraggly? Surely quality > quantity?
    Couple of reasons, really.

Firstly I've grown very attached to it and I don't really want to see it go. I know it's not well looked after but I don't particularly care.

Secondly I like it really long, as in I like the way it looks. Shoulder length seems short to me.

If I was going to have it cut I'd probably lop it all off. I have considered it on the basis that people definitely treat me differently. It's not so much distrust or a worry I'm going to do something nasty, but rather people are not as forthcoming or friendly as I've seen with other people. I have sometimes worn a hat and stuffed all my hair into it and there is definitely a difference in how I'm treated by others. It is a bit frustrating to always be *that guy with the long hair*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Does this apply to women as well? to be honest I cannot imagine that there is no woman who would not look nice with long hair.
    Try Sarah Jessica Parker.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by perspiracious)
    Try Sarah Jessica Parker.
    Gotcha! what a masculine face. Long hair does not fit to her. You have convinced me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I like medium length hair on me best. I don't suit short hair as my face is round and long hair looks too straggely on me and weighs my face down. I keep my hair length to just above my boobs usually. The longest my hair has been is down to my bum and thr shortest was a pixie crop.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I prefer short hair (just below shoulder length) because it isn't as much of a hassle compared to long hair.

The longest my hairs even been was just below my boobs and the shortest is when I was 7 my mum used to cut my hair so short (just below the ear) I'd cry after and refuse to go to school :nope:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.