The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by smurfomelettes
I've got to admit it is impractical when friends don't have facebook, but you just contact them in other ways. I've never saw it as a problem, but if you were speaking to someone new and they didn't have any social media, I can see why people would be suspicious, as most people our age have it, and you would wonder why. Normally it is from a break down, someone who simply doesn't want to be found or someone who has had some serious **** go down related to social media.

Normally, huh? Why thank you armchair psychologist for the enlightening statement (which is of course based on facts and not your opinion) :rolleyes:

To OP, I don't see why that should be a problem. Yes maybe Facebook is an easy mode of communication but it's not essential. Unfortunately, the general consensus in our generation is that anyone who doesn't have so-and-so social media account is a complete societal reject, but it's not true.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd date someone who didn't have a FB account. In fact, I'd prefer it if they didn't. A lot of people I know use their account to take silly selfies or just generally show themselves up. I wouldn't want my partner acting like that.
Would prefer if they didn't have facebook so we can have proper conversations and not be glued to a phone all day
I had fling with a girl from school who didnt have any social network but she had a proper phone. She was different. Different in a boring way. But because she was cute I gave it a GO. Never really lasted. Having no FB is odd

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's insane I'd rather go out with someone without one
Original post by lightningdoritos
Would prefer if they didn't have facebook so we can have proper conversations and not be glued to a phone all day

We're not all like this. And there are some people who don't have FB are who glued to their phones all day.
Reply 46
Most certainly, to me that is a feature which makes someone much MORE attractive.
Original post by OU Student
We're not all like this. And there are some people who don't have FB are who glued to their phones all day.

I know but I think FB is a big part of it!
Original post by james1211
Why not reactivate it then? Plenty of people myself included have it simply to communicate because it's convenient. You achieve nothing but isolation by removing yourself from this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it peculiar whem people say they deactivate their accounts to live a happy life
How does that even happen ?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen-bee
Y'all be tripping,who even uses fb anymore

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsandaLFC
I find it peculiar whem people say they deactivate their accounts to live a happy life
How does that even happen ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I kinda get the impression that sounds like their life revolves around FB.:confused:
Original post by Sulpha
Sounds like my perfect woman.

Self-assured and doesn't obtain her validation from the likes and comments of a photo of her sausage legs blocking out the background of Cornwall.

Well you are surely attracted to borinf women. I like fun women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I wouldn't care if the person I was seeing had an account or not. Being on FB and making your relationship 'FB official' isn't the be all and end all, maybe if you are 12 yeah, but not if you are older and in a serious relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulpha
What about the people who value privacy and don't want an electronic record of their personal life up on the internet ?

Nowadays privacy is conflated with self-harm and doing nothing all day ?

Called privacy settings :facepalm:
Reply 54
All anyone ever does on FB now is watch videos and look over pictures. It's not important. It used to be important when people posted statuses daily but those times have passed.
Attachment not found
Wouldn't be a problem for me at all.

I use facebook to keep in touch with family who live far away, and of course old school friends now that I've left school. I don't really have another way to contact those people. This obviously doesn't apply to a partner - you'd spend time with each other, and use text/whatsapp to keep in touch when you're not with each other.

It could even be a little bonus - no embarrassing facebook statuses about me.
Original post by Sulpha
What's the point in using Facebook if you're just going to hide everything ?

You may as well just use the phone or email ?

Oh but then apparently that means people lie on the sofa all day whilst slicing their wrists...

Why would you hide everything from your friends? Paranoid much? :rolleyes:

And it's not easy to organise social gatherings via email or phone compared to facebook. Must be socially reclusive not to have it. And that's the kind of people who self harm and are lazy aint it?
Hell yes! I met a guy that doesn't have any social media accounts and first I found it strange.. But when I thought about it its not a big deal. I mean if I wanna interact with him I just call or text him.

I have a Facebook account and I deleted more than half my contacts. There was no need for the majority, I had accepted requests from people I went to school with knowing very well I've never spoken to them. It was pointless. I log in from time to time to keep in touch with my distant cousins and I'm often tagged in posts so I take a peak. I have about 30 followers on Twitter and no interest in hunting for any more - twitter sucks but I vent on there from time to time.. Then there's instagram which I used to love and I would find memes funny, now it's a little boring. I upload pictures every few months, I don't feel the need to share much or care about how many likes I get.
Reply 59
I would find you much more interesting for not using facebook. It's the reason people can't seem to have proper conversations, gossip about total ****e and seem to try to fit in by all dressing the same, acting the same and listening to the same ****e music. The people who I have come across who don't use it have been much better to talk to. The sooner it falls into decline the better

Latest

Trending

Trending