Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if you were offered 500k to spend a year in jail , would you agree? watch

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on the conditions. If I can come out of jail after a year, with no criminal record, the 500k and return to my job then yeah I would spend a year in a jail. That's a no brainer and if the OP has made the scenario like this he/she has made it a bit too easy?

Perhaps the OP should have added that you would have a criminal record and would have to look for a new job after you come out of prison (after a year) with the 500k? That sort of scenario would really make people think harder?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Without a second thought, yes
    ... but you haven't been told any of the conditions yet! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It depends. I wouldn't if it was one of those prisons for the most dangerous criminals, or if it was a prison similar to that shown in the series "Oz."

ReputationRep:
    defo, i'd come out absolutely ripped nothing to do but train eat and sleep

ReputationRep:
    Could be interesting to experience but would need all the info before deciding. Might still be difficult to get a job after..."what have you done for the last year?" "well i went to prison and got paid 500k for it"...awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    ... but you haven't been told any of the conditions yet! :eek:
    True that, true that.

But I'm 98% sure I'd say yes to be honest :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stehay)
    i wouldnt but would you?
    It depends? Would I be in Jail of the rest of my life or would I be released after 10 years having saved a few million?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stehay)
    i wouldnt but would you?
    Also, what would you spend £500K on in Jail anyway? It's not like you could nip out to Tesco or Currys to buy a 100'' TV?

Also, you've said nothing about the prices of commodities in prison. The black market of goods could contain very inflated prices. For example, the person who smuggles inn a mobile phone for you may want £100K because of the risk they face of getting caught.

ReputationRep:
    If it didn't come with a criminal record then I would.

ReputationRep:
    After working in a prison for 4 years, I would definitely say I would, though it would have to be on the proviso that I could continue with my current job after the year was up.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.