Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I ask him if I can touch his hair? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklenshine)
    Well, there's this guy I know on my course. He has great hair..and I always dream of touching it. I talk to him a bit but I don't think he likes me and I don't really like him but I think he's attractive..I'd love to touch his hair..but the problem is he's never alone but always with his friend who I also know.

Now, would it be weird if I just randomly asked during a conversation with the two of them that I think he has great hair and can I touch it? Of course I'd say this with a laugh..but I'm wondering what his friend would say about it and whether he'd make it awkward etc..guys, if a girl you didn't really know asked this, what would you do or say? And does she seem weird or just kind of funny? Because I don't want to seem weird. It just looks so soft..
    Thanks!
    Hey aren't you that girl who posted that thread earlier about your confidence with guys?
    Glad you are making progress ...definitely do it ..its cute...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    lol. Thats what I thought. White people should NEVER touch a black persons afro, it comes across as rude. If you ask and they let you touch it then fair enough.

I have seen too many white people touch black peoples hair without permission, like we are some kind of zoo attraction (which we were in the past tbh in some European countries).
    PREACH!! I don't even let my black friends touch my hair, let alone my white ones. It's just so unnecessary imo.....OP I think there are better ways to introduce yourself to this guy than by asking to touch his hair

ReputationRep:
    What kind of hair does this guy have? If it's curly/in a bun/in a curly bun/long and curly/voluminous and curly then it will be an incredibly normal occurrence for him for people to want to touch it, and he'll oblige, unless he's flirting, due to the tedium of the question, he will not be shocked, surprised and only mildly flattered. His friend might be like WTF!?! But its unlikely because the friend has probably touched it in the past. But ultimately the friend doesn't matter that much.
    I am talking from experience as I have had curly hair for years which I have now grown and put in a man bun sometimes. Pretty much from high school onwards its been a regular occurrence for people to random come up to me and touch my hair, or ask to touch it, oft times people I've never met. So the guy in question is likely to be used to it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Touch his **** instead, he'd probably prefer it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realunited)
    Hey aren't you that girl who posted that thread earlier about your confidence with guys?
    Glad you are making progress ...definitely do it ..its cute...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I am lol..but I don't really know if I can do this. It's a bit much for me ..and especially if he says no. I don't know how I'll face him again.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by GillSmith)
    I guess you're experienced in touching peoples cocks, keep it up, but nobody needs your brilliant advices here...
    Alright precious, sorry if I offended you

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am lol..but I don't really know if I can do this. It's a bit much for me ..and especially if he says no. I don't know how I'll face him again.
    Sh** happens to all of us....learn from ur mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually why don't you introduce yourself to him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, that's great lol. I definitely want to smell his hair too. It looks like it smells great. In fact, he looks like he smells great. I'd like to smell his body too. So, how did you ask him? Just casually, or with a smile, or a laugh etc? Lol I really want to do this haha
    Lol, you sound a little obsessed

It's was just a guy I'd known for a couple of days. We were on the topic of hair and I commented that he had really good hair. I asked if I could touch it and he happily obliged Then he mentioned some product he'd used on it so I asked if I could smell it. I probably did look an eensy bit odd to anyone watching but he had a sense of humour about it.

I can't guarantee a positive reaction from everyone, it depends on the person. It might be a little strange if you've never spoken to the guy at all before.

Oh and I would not ask to smell someones body. That is quite strange.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, that's great lol. I definitely want to smell his hair too. It looks like it smells great. In fact, he looks like he smells great. I'd like to smell his body too. So, how did you ask him? Just casually, or with a smile, or a laugh etc? Lol I really want to do this haha
    You are weird: the hot kind of weird. Carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    You are weird: the hot kind of weird. Carry on.
    Lol, so I can do this? And what is the not hot kind of weird in this situation? What should I avoid doing/saying? And what if he says no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammeyouareyou)
    Lol, you sound a little obsessed

It's was just a guy I'd known for a couple of days. We were on the topic of hair and I commented that he had really good hair. I asked if I could touch it and he happily obliged Then he mentioned some product he'd used on it so I asked if I could smell it. I probably did look an eensy bit odd to anyone watching but he had a sense of humour about it.

I can't guarantee a positive reaction from everyone, it depends on the person. It might be a little strange if you've never spoken to the guy at all before.

Oh and I would not ask to smell someones body. That is quite strange.
    Hahaha that's great. I have spoken to him before but I don't really know him well. I don't think he'd say no..but I really don't know.

What would you have said if they guy you asked said no and thought it was weird?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: to OP again
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just a reminder if there is anymore fighting and insulting posts, then this thread will be locked, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    if somebody will do this to me i will take it as a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    I would go like oh dude your hair looks so soft it's ridiculous what the hell do you use? And then run my fingers through those sexy locks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    :hugs: to OP again
    Thanks sweet <3

ReputationRep:
    Well, there's this guy I know on my course. He has great hair..and I always dream of touching it. I talk to him a bit but I don't think he likes me and I don't really like him but I think he's attractive..I'd love to touch his hair..but the problem is he's never alone but always with his friend who
    Now, would it be weird if I just randomly asked during a conversation with the two of them that I think he has great hair and can I touch it? Of course I'd say this with a laugh..but I'm wondering what his friend would say about it and whether he'd make it awkward etc..guys, if a girl you didn't really know asked this, what would you do or say? And does she seem weird or just kind of funny? Because I don't want to seem weird. It just looks so soft..
    Thanks!
    i would take it as a compliment

ReputationRep:
    Thanks sweet <3
    Just wondering, have you found a love interest yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Just a reminder if there is anymore fighting and insulting posts, then this thread will be locked, thanks.
    OP vents this kind of thread once in a while, and responds to every post. She can't help it if someone insults her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.