Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

want to start dating but am Muslim watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wrong.
    You should reconsider.
    You should reconsider, and eventually you'll clearly see why you are wrong.
    You'll realize that you don't want to date, that you never wanted to date, it was a mistake, you never really considered it, or if you did it was only in a brief second , these thoughts aren't your true feelings because you know better, Maybe these thoughts were placed in your mind by outside malevolent forces.

In any case,you could do with some re-education.
    Follow me to room 101, comrade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosyPearl)
    Do you walk in the streets blind then? What that verse meant is do not look at the opposite gender with lust and even the first look is halal. However when it comes to marriage its totally different. When you're planning to marry someone, you take them seriously because they are the one who you will spend the rest of your life with so you have to get to know them as much as you can before marriage so that it doesn't lead to divorce because divorce is the worst halal and a lot of people end up divorcing because they marry off a stranger. Therefore there's nothing wrong with interacting with the opposite gender, as long as its serious such as thinking about getting married. It's even permissible for a female to take off her hijab one time before marriage, that's how simple our religion is, Islam was sent down to help us and find solutions to our problems, you are making it hard on yourself.
    There are studies to say that arranged marriages are less likely to end in divorces, the love marriage ends 50% in divorce. Also Muslims do not 'marry off to strangers' im sure you know yourself that it is not likely. Also if they are planning to get married i.e. engaged, they can meet in the presence of a mahram. where is your evidence in the Qur'an or Hadith about It's even permissible for 'a female to take off her hijab one time before marriage'

ReputationRep:
    Threads like these make me sad.

Also, the thing about shaytan being the third being present when there's a man and a woman is just hilarious.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    There are studies to say that arranged marriages are less likely to end in divorces, the love marriage ends 50% in divorce. Also Muslims do not 'marry off to strangers' im sure you know yourself that it is not likely. Also if they are planning to get married i.e. engaged, they can meet in the presence of a mahram. where is your evidence in the Qur'an or Hadith about It's even permissible for 'a female to take off her hijab one time before marriage'
    I don't disagree with arranged marriages, when i dated my fiancé it was arranged by my mum but we split up mutually in the end because we realised we were too different, dating gave us the opportunity to go deeper in our relationship otherwise if we had rushed off to marry and we divorced a year down the road then it wouldn't have ended well. Btw I don't disagree with the mahram being present, but you won't get sins if you met up somewhere where you are seen in public, the bigger problem arises if one decided to meet in private and they are nowhere to be seen.

I've heard this from Islamic scholars and it makes perfect sense, the guy has every right to see his future wife's hair if he wishes. It stops cases such as guys divorcing their wife on their wedding day like we saw in Saudi Arabia because the lady didn't turn out to be what the husband imagined.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.