The Student Room Group

How old were you when you roasted your first ever chicken?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ronove
If you hold it in Copenhagen, you guys can function as my Bisto import service. :tongue:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why? How? How much? Where? OMG!

Haha - good point - maybe at easter I'll send some over to you (how much is shipping?)
Where I come from we don´t roast chickens, we eat chickens.
Reply 42
Original post by mobbsy91
Haha - good point - maybe at easter I'll send some over to you (how much is shipping?)

For a tub of Bisto? I have no idea. :tongue: Don't worry, I have relatives I can beg this kind of thing from. :wink: Given that I'm going to want some frozen Yorkshires anyway, I can order from the online British shop. Not too easy to transport frozen items through the post/in a suitcase...
Original post by Ronove
For a tub of Bisto? I have no idea. :tongue: Don't worry, I have relatives I can beg this kind of thing from. :wink: Given that I'm going to want some frozen Yorkshires anyway, I can order from the online British shop. Not too easy to transport frozen items through the post/in a suitcase...

Haha, fair enough!
Reply 44
I remember this creature! We used to roast them over fire pits when we were children. Their flesh was quite delicious.
53.85% of people surveyed have never roasted a chicken.

That's some sound evidence right there.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
53.85% of people surveyed have never roasted a chicken.

That's some sound evidence right there.

Haha - you win! That doesn't stop my surprise for it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Too poor to own a chicken. But i have baked one! It tastes no where nearly the same.
Original post by glycerin
Too poor to own a chicken. But i have baked one! It tastes no where nearly the same.

What's the difference between roasting and baking? :eek3:
This is such a great question!

I work at Waitrose and occasionally I am placed on the delicatessen and hot food counter. Basically I am paid to roast rotisserie chickens! :laugh:
Original post by earwithfeet
This is such a great question!

I work at Waitrose and occasionally I am placed on the delicatessen and hot food counter. Basically I am paid to roast rotisserie chickens! :laugh:

I want your job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
What's the difference between roasting and baking? :eek3:

Wouldn't roasting be over the fireplace? Twirling over with a skew between it? That's my understanding of roasting from tv anyway. I hardly used oil for mine so it was a little depressing.....especially without the skin.....
Original post by mobbsy91
I want your job

Posted from TSR Mobile

Say that again once you've cleaned the massive oven at the end of the day! :laugh:
Wouldn't roasting be over the fireplace? Twirling over with a skew between it? That's my understanding of roasting from tv anyway. I hardly used oil for mine so it was a little depressing.....especially without the skin.....

That's a spit roast. :yy:

Roasting can be done in an oven.

I googled the difference between roasting and baking, but the answer was inconclusive.
Reply 54
Original post by CescaD96
I was 13. I don't get how you can't roast a chicken before you're at least 20.

Maybe not interested in chicken? If I want roasted chicken I can just have my parents roast chicken, I don't need to do it myself. I'd rather have a steak if I'm going to that effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
That's a spit roast. :yy:

Roasting can be done in an oven.

I googled the difference between roasting and baking, but the answer was inconclusive.

Oh thanks! So i have roasted a chicken! Or maybe i havent as i cant remember how i used the over anymore.
Reply 56
Original post by james1211
Maybe not interested in chicken? If I want roasted chicken I can just have my parents roast chicken, I don't need to do it myself. I'd rather have a steak if I'm going to that effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you like your steak?
Oh thanks! So i have roasted a chicken! Or maybe i havent as i cant remember how i used the over anymore.

:lol:

:iiam:
About 16
Original post by Ronove
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why? How? How much? Where? OMG!

I got it on Amazon a few years ago for about $80. Sounds like a lot but it makes really great chicken and ribs. :drool:

Quick Reply

Latest