Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does PMS actually exist, or is it a patriarchal myth? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, your hormones are pretty out of wak. It doesn't really change my mood at all, but some of my friends change noticeably.

Give me morning wood any day over a period.

ReputationRep:
    I think some girls, who actually don't suffer from bad mood swings or pain, can actually use it as an excuse to be awful to others. On the other hand, it can be a severe issue for some people!
    Personally, I don't get it too bad, but I often find myself with very little patience a day or so before and can lash out at people without thinking. Then a few days later I get my period I realise why I'm so moody and I can generally get it under control- but for the first few days it literally just feels like the world is against me, for no reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes hormones change, but everybody's hormones are different so it depends on the person. i havent really ever noticed feeling that different depending on the time of month, but then again i havent really looked out for it either. i think the main point is that, whether it exists or not, peoples emotions shouldnt immediately being invalidated and reduced to 'hormones' if theyre upset because they might actually have a reason, and it shouldnt be believed that girls arent as capable as boys because of 'PMS'- even my friends who get crippling cramps just carry on with their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As stated previously, during morning wood male hormones fluctuate.

Males have issues with emotional states changing because of hormones too you know.
    How long does that fluctuation last?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm like a bull in a china shop 1-2 days before I come on my period. I turn into Limp Bizkit! "I don't really know why but I wanna justify RIPPING SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF!"

As soon as I come on though I'm fine...and then it all makes sense why I was being such a *****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Dude you need to get off this website, you're becoming indoctrinated.
    Got nothing to do with this site. It isn't a TSR conspiracy made up by the anti feminist lot that it isn't as socially acceptable for men to cry as it is for women. That is a genuine thing.

That doesn't explain me though (well not fully anyway), expressing emotion is a form of social interaction which is something I am terrible ans afraid of. I just go about day to day looking as neutral as possible since that has less potential social repercussions. Basically I give of the aurora of an emotionless robot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.