Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend said its £100 per year but on the website it says parking is part of the accommodation contract at Walsall and city campus so I don't really know

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough but even £100 isn't that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it isn't too bad, just hope they aren't a bit funny when it comes to the insurance documents to get a parking permit as my insurance is still registered at my home address, costs about £75 just to change the something on insurance documents

ReputationRep:
    That's mad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parton96)
    The website says Lomas Street and North Road. I'm not too fussed either but obviously if I can get the closer one I'll take it
    From what I've seen of the area the accomodation seems to back on to 2/3 different roads - when I want to Staffs they used 2 different postcodes but it was only one block of accommodation so it might work the same way.

(Original post by parton96)
    Same, this time last year I said I'd never go to uni as it doesn't interest me then all my friends went and said how good it was. Absolutely buzzing to start now
    I've been to one, came back and I'm going back this year. Beyond hyped - it was probably the most fun I've ever had and the reasons for coming back where mostly long-term. Having been at home for a year in between, I don't have any second thoughts about going back.

(Original post by LF96)
    Have you got all your student finance sorted yet? It's just a real ball ache which I can't be bothered with atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah. I'll probably get mine done next week - a full run-through shouldn't take more than an hour

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, not something I look forward to paying for

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I mixed up the addresses for the accomodation, lomas street and North road are right next to each other and on another page on the website it says North road is the en-suite accommodation and lomas is the standard one

ReputationRep:
    My bad there is a climbing group!! It's under outdoor activities

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love water sports but can't see it being very fun in England to be honest haha

ReputationRep:
    Windsurfing might be good tho! I think this will be a society I'll join

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true, think I will too

ReputationRep:
    Applications for SFE are open, damn that's good news.

This year I had a nightmare with SFE and got my funding in late november. They messed it up and lied to me multiple times (I applied in May), so now I'm coming prepared..

ReputationRep:
    I just applied yesterday!...Are you going into 2nd year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep. What course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for family and community studies ...What you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy and Religious Studies

ReputationRep:
    So what's Wolverhampton like as a place? I haven't been down yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have applied for Walsall and city ensuite and normal but hoping to get ensuite so I don't have to share bathrooms and toilets. Anyone else chose them and who is studying social care and health studies in October?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im studying family and community studies at Walsall in October but gonna live in the city campus

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if its better to stay in private halls rather than the university ones?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.