Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anfield is so quiet these days.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Rodgers before the game: Atmosphere inside Anfield will be critical in helping us"

That's going well. All i've heard are the Chelsea fans.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Anfield is so quiet these days.
    Their fans just sing YAWN before the game and then go silent. So overrated.

ReputationRep:
    chelsea's defenders are too good.
    they block literally everything...

ReputationRep:
    You cant blame them. They must be frustrated being one nil down especially when theyve been playing quite good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Seriously wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sr90)
    Rodgers before the game: Atmosphere inside Anfield will be critical in helping us"

That's going well. All i've heard are the Chelsea fans.

Their fans just sing YAWN before the game and then go silent. So overrated.
    Same when I went earlier this season, Liverpool sung for the first couple minutes then nothing for the rest of the game.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    We sung last season. I just think we're all depressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol at a lucas yellow card for that...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Intentional hand ball. Excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Intentional hand ball. Excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you should know by now that this referee isn't gonna give us anything.

it was pretty bloody clear though, what a surprise that this "top level" official didn't give it.

ReputationRep:
    Costa is bloody street rat. He should get a red card in one of the games this season.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool playing at high-intensity. Watch them fade in the latter parts of the 2nd half and we will win by 2-3.

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit I was wrong about being worried about the 3-4-3. From what I can see we've played Chelsea off the park and they've been 2nd best in everything but going down easily for penalties.

I forgot how much I hate playing Chelsea. All the players are a little dirty but know how to be clever about it.

Anyway this is the issue with Sterling - not enough presence up front to occupy or trouble the CBs. Generally great play all across the park by Liverpool though.

Not sure what you change. I'd probably tell the players that they deserve to be winning and to keep going?

Once we have all our players fit, I would keep this as our best XI but replace Gerrard with Sturridge (and swap him with Sterling's current position).

We do seem to have our passing swagger back. I'm quite surprised - thought it would have gone off the boil with Chelsea's typical pressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShotsFired-9941)
    Costa is bloody street rat. He should get a red card in one of the games this season.
    Maybe if more Liverpool players were "street rats" you'd be higher up the table
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    you should know by now that this referee isn't gonna give us anything.

it was pretty bloody clear though, what a surprise that this "top level" official didn't give it.
    True, but if I don't rant on here I'll probably smash my TV.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I went on 13 September anfield was like a morgue, it's get the scarves out for 2 minutes sing YNWA and take your seats.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are completely outpressing CFC. Unlucky to be 1-0 down.

I dont think the Costa handball was a pen. He was on the floor and the ball hit his hand which was supporting his weight. He was actually looking around for the ball even after it hit his hand to kick it out.

Harsh yellow for Luis.

But yeah, we're lucky to be 1-0 up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I have to admit I was wrong about being worried about the 3-4-3. From what I can see we've played Chelsea off the park and they've been 2nd best in everything but going down easily for penalties.

I forgot how much I hate playing Chelsea. All the players are a little dirty but know how to be clever about it.

Anyway this is the issue with Sterling - not enough presence up front to occupy or trouble the CBs. Generally great play all across the park by Liverpool though.

Not sure what you change. I'd probably tell the players that they deserve to be winning and to keep going?

Once we have all our players fit, I would keep this as our best XI but replace Gerrard with Sturridge (and swap him with Sterling's current position).

We do seem to have our passing swagger back. I'm quite surprised - thought it would have gone off the boil with Chelsea's typical pressing.
    we've actually played pretty damn well.
    chelsea have been meh at best but with the referee on their side and their excelent defending, it isn't their fault they're 1-0 up.

now they'll just park the bus and win 2-0 to finish the tie.

we have everything in creation except finishing it off; we have the chemistry and passing but we need sturridge to take the shot when the time is right.
    we don't have the confidence to shoot and we try to pass it until we get a tap in.
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    True, but if I don't rant on here I'll probably smash my TV.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    fair enough - i get pissed too.
    ref has given us nothing.
    nothing but yellow cards...

ReputationRep:
    That costs handball is debatable and when he hit can definitely yellow. And yes you are playing better then us. But that penalty of ours was 100% a penalty, he didn't fall down easily, it was a clear penalty. You playing better in midfield, you haven't had a clear shot on goal so yer our defending is excellent so not unlucky to be down 1 0.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 23, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.