Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you plan to get married in the future? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daryZ)
    As I am a hundred percent atheist, I don't agree with any kinds of marriage. People are not things, you cannot own anyone. Marriage is "owning someone legally".

I thought it was the legal union of two people as partners in a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    I cannot wait to get married as long as I think the time is right and its with the right person since I was little I have dreamt of a church wedding but I also like the idea of a beach wedding on a tropical island. Hopefully I could have both (vow renewal on the beach) hahaha big dreams

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to get married.

Finding someone who'd love to marry me is a different story
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I don't want to marry. I don't want children, and I wouldn't put that on a man that they would have to be stuck with me with no children of their own.
    Also, divorce is high in my family. As is affairs. My own parents are divorced. That was horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    Manz is gonna get married, 4 kids, 2 dogs, big ass house with a white picket fence and everything.

#Basic*****

ReputationRep:
    Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'm not particularly too fond of marriage.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'd love to get married someday. Whether anyone will marry me is a different question though

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I doubt anyone else is quantum entangled with me .

Would like to get married. Prenup essential and is a deal-beaker.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely like to get married at some point. I think that being religious helps me face any fears that i have and the depressing statistics that i'm constantly bombarded with. From a religious viewpoint, I think if both you and your husband/wife are aiming for the same goal then you can work together and help each other get there. Even if you have nothing else in common, this common religious goal will keep you together.
    I've read that quite a few marriages end because the husband and wife discover that they have different goals in life (or their goals change a few years down the line) and the things that they had in common just aren't there any more. For example, if one of them wanted kids but the other didn't, it might be hard to find a middle ground in that kind of situation.
    As for myself, I like to think positively and have faith in God's plan, whatever that might be. If marriage is part of the plan, then i can only pray that it's a good one and that it lasts.

ReputationRep:
    Not so much of a plan, but I do expect to settle down somewhere down the line

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    How does TSR feel about marriage?

Do you know you definitely plan to get married? Or would you rather live with someone as a partner than a husband/wife?
    Hmm... I don't think marriage is necessary for me, I'd be perfectly happy just being with a partner for life. I'd probably choose that over marriage.

But if the person I love in the future wants to get married, why not?

ReputationRep:
    **** no, half marriages end in divorce and 90% of these divorces are initiated by women, only an idiot would get married in 2015 best of luck with your losing the house/kids + alimony goals of 2015

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not, its a terrible idea for a man, and you stand to lose almost literally everything you have, with nothing to gain. The legal system is too one-sided at the moment to make it a sensible idea.

Ideal is to live with a long term partner with kids, but no legal marriage.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Probably, my boyfriend and I have been together over three years, however are now living at opposite sides of the country. I think if we eventually manage to get our lives together and get jobs in the same city then we probably will if only because it's a good excuse for a ceilidh :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I plan too.

ReputationRep:
    Considering I got engaged last August, I would say yes, I will be getting married

Regardless though I have always wanted to marry the right person, have a home and family with them. I'm not religious but it is important to me to be married before I have children.

This is coming from someone who has been through a not so happy parental divorce. My two sisters each went with one parent leaving me awkwardly in the middle. It's got better now but still strange...

ReputationRep:
    Probably. If I do I'd want to be married by age 30. I probably wouldn't want an unnecessarily big and expensive wedding though, I don't think it's worth that.

(Original post by Maid Marian)
    I would like to but I am fairly certain it won't happen.
    Don't be like that :console:. I'm sure you'll find someone someday.

(Original post by RFowler)
    Probably. If I do I'd want to be married by age 30. I probably wouldn't want an unnecessarily big and expensive wedding though, I don't think it's worth that.

Don't be like that :console:. I'm sure you'll find someone someday.
    It's alright, I'm just going to have lots of rabbits instead.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.