Turn on thread page Beta

Why are you voting? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What issue is most important to you?
    Economy
    24.56%
    Immigration
    6.14%
    Defence
    1.75%
    EU
    5.26%
    NHS
    7.02%
    Education
    10.53%
    Housing
    1.75%
    Crime
    0.88%
    Inequality
    28.95%
    Enviroment
    7.89%
    Other
    5.26%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quady)
    Who does the Gates Foundation help then? I thought it was on the exceptionally poor.
    Additionally, doesn't his personal wealth barely grow year on year, at least compared to the money he could be raking in, even after tax?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Bill Gates donates quite a lot of his money to that foundation like charity but still as an awful lot left to be redistributed.
    How much is left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    How much is left?
    Bill Gates has net worth of 81.1 billion dollars but I'm not sure if the value of the charity foundation counts in this but still a lot of money:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Bill Gates has net worth of 81.1 billion dollars but I'm not sure if the value of the charity foundation counts in this but still a lot of money:eek:
    When he and Warren Buffet die, 95% of their wealth is going to the foundation.

They will do more for Africa than every government in history has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Entertainment.

I just love it. General Election night is my absolute fave. I stay up and watch it even though it's completely idiotic. ("We've had one result in from the ultra safe Labour seat of Northerntown where the sitting MP has been returned with a majority of 9,000 - now if this pattern were repeated throughout the country, we would have a Labour majority in the house of 600")
    You've gotta love Dimblebot though... he's such an institution. Jeremy Vine pisses me right off though with his bloody graphics and Emily Maitlis with her ****ing touch screen contrivance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    You've gotta love Dimblebot though... he's such an institution. Jeremy Vine pisses me right off though with his bloody graphics and Emily Maitlis with her ****ing touch screen contrivance.
    I love election shows too.. i remember last time a few early results in the north east showed 10-15% swings to the Tories so when they put it to William Hague that it could be a very good night he just put on his smoothest chirpy accent and said solely.. "Excellent". The combination of his mannerisms and voice (that kind of slow drawl he has) just made it funny and stuck in the memory.

I'm voting for Likud as I want a secure, stable, multicultural Israel.

Unless you mean the UK in which case it's due to economy, Tories did good :yep:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.