The Student Room Group

You're given £9,000,000. What do you do?

Scroll to see replies

I'd give it to my dad and siblings right away, they will decide what to do with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ICF
buy TSR and sack all the Mods

Wow, edgy.
Original post by A5ko
I'd send it to my friend in Nigeria who is having problems with his fathers illness. He says it would pay for his operation.

An operation that costs £9m? You'd be getting conned mate.
Reply 43
Original post by TheTechN1304
An operation that costs £9m? You'd be getting conned mate.

/facepalm
Reply 44
I'd like to think I'd stay in uni, but I know that wouldn't happen.

Buy a Bugatti Veyron, a house, treat my closest friends & family.
Original post by minimarshmallow
Live on it. Give up work, pay my parents debts, be a landlord etc. and go back to volunteering in a bookshop like I used to. Get my librarian qualification and get more people to read!

Ah not... books. Burn with fire! :biggrin:
1) Pay off my student loans.
2) Buy a house in Keswick or Grasmere or somewhere a bit more remote in the Lakes. Nothing too fancy, though.
3) ???
4) Profit

Really, I don't know. I don't have a driving license so there's no point in buying a fancy car and I'd almost certainly still go ahead with trying to get a PhD as I want to do that because I find it interesting rather than because it leads to well paying jobs. I may, however, postpone it for a while and do stuff while I'm still relatively young.

I'm more inclined to be careful with it and make it last or make it earn me money rather than spend it all.
Buy a nice house in Wales and pay off the mortgage if that was possible. I'd give a share to my family/very close friends and another share to charity. If I had any money left then I'd maybe try my hand at directing or something, or put it into a small business? But I wouldn't tell anyone else that I had it, in case I made enemies. :tongue:
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Buy a nice house in Wales and pay off the mortgage if that was possible. I'd give a share to my family/very close friends and another share to charity. If I had any money left then I'd maybe try my hand at directing or something, or put it into a small business? But I wouldn't tell anyone else that I had it, in case I made enemies. :tongue:

How expensive are you looking if you need a mortgage when you have £9m?! you should be able to buy it outright
Original post by Jammy Duel
How expensive are you looking if you need a mortgage when you have £9m?! you should be able to buy it outright

Haha very true! :tongue: I stand corrected- as long as I knew that I was secure then I'd be happy.
Original post by hellodave5
Ah not... books. Burn with fire! :biggrin:

What's your problem with books? :frown:

I've read 16 so far this year.
Give half to charity and split the remaining half between myself, my family and my friends.
With 3m I'd buy a nice place, a car and a new wardrobe. And maybe a pet or two and go one month on holiday.
5m I'd use to buy shares/stocks.
1m I'd keep safe in a bank account to be sure I have enough money if a crisis comes.
Reply 53
So do you want my paypal or?
Reply 54
Find a cure for CF, then apply that cure to the one that means the most to me
Original post by WhimsicalSloth

I'll leave alone the concept of nice and Wales being together. :tongue:

It's actually not your enemies that you should worry about though, the most common complaint from lottery winners is the number of scroungers.
Original post by Gott
Get it out of this country to Switzerland for a start

Can I can with you? We can buy a company together :tongue:
Keep some of the money that will pay off my uni debts and my uni living costs
Buy a nice apartment for my dad
Get a massive house and pay the mortgage
Give some to charity (the people in Syria doing humanitarian are not even that recognised imo)
Get a dog (or 10)
Buy land
Get a private island
Get a chimpanzee
Original post by Gott
I'd rather elope with Whimsicalsloth

lol okay, please don't get the wrong idea.. just meant as business partners. :smile:
Original post by minimarshmallow
What's your problem with books? :frown:

I've read 16 so far this year.

I have read less in my lifetime :P
Most of those I have read are informative, with only a few novels.
Find them really hard to go through - takes so much motivation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending